Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

tvnutz wrote: »
    Ah what a cop out! Great episode,but at the same time when you have the time travel it just makes for an easy reset. Cisco annoys me, was glad he died, only for it not to happen! They probably have comics they have to go by in terms of the characters but sometimes killing off a major characters works really well, like in Arrow and the 100.
    He travelled back in time but that doesn't necessarily mean Barry will be able to change everything.

The writers of this show seem to be smart enough, so I don't think the reset will lead to everything being roses for Barry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Cisco will definitely be saved. I'm not even sure that's up for discussion. That one is being reset. As much as I'd love him to be gone, it's not going to happen.

The two real questions are will Iris still know his secret.....and will Wells be outed as the bad guy. If they reset all three, It will be a colossal cop out and I'll be disappointed.

Cisco is a core character and beloved of the fans. He is safe

Cisco is a core character and loved by some of the fans. He is safe

Fixed that for you. There is an element who thinks the character was badly miscast and who don't like the actor.

Kirby wrote: »
    Fixed that for you. There is an element who thinks the character was badly miscast and who don't like the actor.

I really do think that the guy is playing the character exactly as he is being asked to.
    There have been a few more downbeat scenes where he has shown that he is not all smiles and such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I think the reason the latest episode strongly felt like a season finale is that maybe the story was actually originally planned as a season finale? :) I remember the series being originally having a 16-episode run but that was increased to 22/23 after a strong start and lots of positive reviews (think this happened to Gotham too). I'm guessing they probably moved a few "filler" stories around and had to start developing the next storylines (originally mapped out for early season 2) for the last third of the season. Just me speculating of course, but kinda makes sense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,254 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Unfortunately, I think the only thing that will be addressed in this new timeline, since Barry wasn't aware of the Cisco/Wells thing, is that Barry will act on the fact he knows how Iris feels. Of course timing is everything so it won't work out for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I think the only thing that will be addressed in this new timeline, since Barry wasn't aware of the Cisco/Wells thing, is that Barry will act on the fact he knows how Iris feels. Of course timing is everything so it won't work out for him.

Exactly why I expect. We've seen this a few times in other shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It wasn't a total reset - there were some clever consequences from the time travelling (and some not so clever - that
    gold gun
    looked ridiculous).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Did anyone else think when Wells and Cisco were back in that room together, that he was gonna be killed all over again, followed by Barry then going back in time and we get another reset? For a second I thought Cisco was going to be the next Rory Williams from Doctor Who and die every episode...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It was a clever scene. Both scenes had a "you're like a son to me" exchange, but both ended very differently. Clever writing.

Timey wimey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Those two prison break actors were rubbish. I wish they wouldn't keep returning. As for Cisco I think they missed an opportunity to at least have one episode of the fallout of his death. A reset pure and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Firefly fans :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I think The Flash cast have just won over a load of Browncoats that weren't already watching... Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

That was awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

again cold and hot dragging down an episode, and that gold gun thing was just utterly ridiculous,

that was overall a pretty bad episode, its like the writers were told one morning they were having no breakfast till this episode is done,

why the **** would iris tell eddie what barry told her, it just doesnt make sense, at all, in any way whatsoever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,254 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"We have a gun that shoots gold! Let's use it to steal money" I'm guessing it's just a gold coloured hardening liquid, or Cisco would've made a fortune long ago.

Cold sounds like a gangster at times. I expect him to start saying "See" at the end of his sentences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,216 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The dialogue between cold and flash at the end was HORRIBLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

Cold and Hot two terrible actors!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wentworth Miller's acting in this is absolutely terrible and the interaction between him and his "brother" is terrible, which is a shame cause when I saw the Prison Break guys back I thought it had great potential

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Was their acting similarly as bad in prison break except we didnt know it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

youngblood wrote: »
    Was their acting similarly as bad in prison break except we didnt know it?
    Not this bad - it's like they're trying too hard to be cartoon villains it's annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

Way over the top. Trying to emphasise that Cold is cool and Calm and Hot is firey and short tempered. Saturday morning cartoon villains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Callanutd wrote: »
    Cold and Hot two terrible actors!!

Yet they have both been signed up to star in the spin off show so somebody must like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think the problem with Cold and Hot is that in a cartooney show, they're too cartooney... Is that even a word?

Basically Fish Mooney's of the Flash universe

It's him. He's coming!!!! Yippee!!

That ending! For a second there I thought I was watching "Fringe." :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Wanna see what an awkward dinner looks like?

tumblr_nm46hfEid01rkoh9po1_1280.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Next week's episode looks incredible :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpi1XkW8dFc

Edit: It's the season long promo

Advertisement