Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

cool thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

20206_1116982368327853_7654843901482983448_n.jpg?oh=daca6a7134137e0439b9d69e73edae93&oe=559B1DDF

:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Best promo ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"Oh, there is an elevator!"

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Kirby wrote: »
    "Oh, there is an elevator!"

:P
    Liked that, otherwise found the ad to be a bit meh

I haven't had a coffee yet this morning though so that could be a factor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Any sign of Grodd showing up in an episode yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Any sign of Grodd showing up in an episode yet?

Not for another 3 or 4 episodes I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

When you see the thread being bumped and think its Wednesday morning.

diUBR6L.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Another cracking episode... Cisco's dreams/memories were an interesting development.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

As much as I love the show, the writers can't write a villain of the week to save their lives, the puns from the bee lady were cringe worthy over the top like "I'll 'buzz' myself in".

Also why in every season of Arrow/Flash a character gets basically dragged through the mud for no reason whatsoever. In Arrow it was Thea/Season 1, Laurel/Season 2 and Felicity/Season 3. In The Flash this season it's Iris. Like if I was Eddie I'd be glad to be broken up with her now. Her character has like no motivation whatsoever to be angry with Eddie.

The one thing this episode did clear up is that Ray and Felicity's rightful place is on The Flash and not the Arrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The one thing this episode did clear up is that Ray and Felicity's rightful place is on The Flash and not the Arrow.

Well considering Ray is being sold as the lead character for the upcoming spin-off, not much chance of him moving to The Flash and I'd imagine Felicity will stay on Arrow for the forseeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I'm not a fan of Iris at all and I'm not sure if it's down to the actress or the material. Her motivations are all over the place and she was simply unlikeable in this episode.

I don't really buy her attitude towards Eddie as she has previously being very loyal to him (opening up to him about Barry's advances) so to see her throw a hissy fit at him over "secrets" and quickly dumping him just doesn't ring true.

The character has basically been used to sow the seeds for Eddie's hatred towards Barry and it doesn't feel in anyway organic.

Finally, what is the big bleeding deal about protecting Iris from Barry's identity when basically everyone and and their ****ing granny knows who Barry is at this stage. Even Captain Cold knows who Barry is ffs.

There's also the little fact that Wells knows who Iris is anyway and how important she is to Barry so if he wanted to, he could kill her in an instant to get at Barry. I mean Wells has already threatened her by telling Joe to drop his investigation into Nora Allens death! So if anything it'd make more sense to tell her, at least that way she won't unknowingly fall foul of Wells!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Emily Bett Rickards really is too good to be on Arrow they need to move her over to Central City full time.

She as the perfect comic timing and straight man act for the Flash it's been lost in Arrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,895 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Emily Bett Rickards really is too good to be on Arrow they need to move her over to Central City full time.

She as the perfect comic timing and straight man act for the Flash it's been lost in Arrow.

I think the writers know that too - "I thought Central City was supposed to be the fun one" - She's also gorgeous :)

Great episode this week though.. anyone else catch the nod to the Six Million Dollar Man as Ray was flying along - "we have the technology"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭squonk

Great episode! Ray/Felicity fitted in so well. I think Arrow would be shíte without them at this point. They bring much needed comedy and lightness to that show. Irish was channeling Thea this time round though. Stupid insane tantrums without any basis whatsoever. Felicity should wear her hair down more often! HAWT!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

I didn't enjoy either episode of The Flash or Arrow....I just can't get into the Atom...I understand they had to make some changes to the character as some of his comicbookpowers are awful but to make him an Iron man clone really grates on me! Also the CGI for the flight scenes is awful!! The sooner he's shipped off for his own series the better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    anyone else catch the nod to the Six Million Dollar Man as Ray was flying along - "we have the technology"

That's exactly what I thought as well. Then I thought it was just maybe coincidence with the lines, but if it was more than me noticing.

Also, Indiana Jones reference - "Snakes Bees, why did it have to be bees?"

Has anybody else been watching Daredevil?

Can't help but compare the shows and feel disappointed that Flash has gone down the more fun/juvenile route in contrast to the darker, more realistic Daredevil.

Whilst not being a massive comic fan, Flash was one of the earliest superhero shows I recall watching and I really wanted to see this well done.
    However, to me, this is a throwback to Smallville - it's aimed at a younger demographic and therefore has been lightened somewhat. Not every show has to be dark thesedays, but the the best ones do have an element of grit - that element is missing from this show for me.

TBQH - I'm continuing to watch for the main storyline and to see what happens, but on a weekly basis, it's now becoming tedious to watch. I 100% did not give a flying fúck about the bees, ATOM or the Iris/Eddie situation this week. I mean this show on IMDB is currently rated at 8.2 - that for me doesn't reflect the shows quality.

Anybody else harboring similar thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

To be fair this show did start with the death of the protagonists mother. Arrow is covering the dark theme too. Dr. Wells is the dark character here other than him a lot of the other villains are light compared to Deadshot, Ra's and Deathstroke in Arrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,216 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Watching Daredevil, Arrow and Flash, and I like that all 3 have different tones. If they were all the same, they would be all the same. I like the fun aspect to Flash, the youthful exuberance. I think they have handled it well, along with the darker more serious elements such as the Reverse Flash/Cisco stuff.

I do agree about the weekly bad guy stuff - it is very hard to care about the weekly change. The bee lady was particularly poor imo. I do still have a big issue with their prison too - especially in the case of the young one who can transport herself from place to place. Locked up for life, in isolation, with no trial, probation etc? None of the characters seem to care or worry about the morals of this. Its odd.

But overall, I do look forward to Flash each week.

• Advertisement

Watching Daredevil, Arrow and Flash, and I like that all 3 have different tones. If they were all the same, they would be all the same. I like the fun aspect to Flash, the youthful exuberance. I think they have handled it well, along with the darker more serious elements such as the Reverse Flash/Cisco stuff.

Agreed that if they were all the same they wouldn't be worth watching, and while yes, this show is more about youthful exuberance which has been a calling card of the Flash, from what I've seen in animated shorts etc.

I think they've handled the darker stuff relatively well, by that I mean the main storyline is quite good and it's what I'm looking for. However, the youthful exuberance also plays against it for me - the jokes used often seem to be square pegs being forced into the round hole of a scene and for some reason, the use of colour in the show at times reminds me of The Big Bang Theory which I'm not a fan of.

The opposite can be said for Daredevil - some of the direction and use of shots / colour has been a huge plus for the show. There was a scene in Daredevil where two characters met in a car, the shot was from the front windscreen facing the pair, and out the back window you could see a bit of gold as though sunset was occurring on the city. It was a great shot for a relatively normal scene - I just got the feeling if it was in the flash it'd be a meeting on a rooftop with the colours / view blown over the top.

Perhaps I'm being too pedantic, I know it's not the best show out there, I still think it's decent, but there's also the thought that it could be so, so much better.

I do agree about the weekly bad guy stuff - it is very hard to care about the weekly change. The bee lady was particularly poor imo. I do still have a big issue with their prison too - especially in the case of the young one who can transport herself from place to place. Locked up for life, in isolation, with no trial, probation etc? None of the characters seem to care or worry about the morals of this. Its odd.

But overall, I do look forward to Flash each week.

Yeah the morality of that has been skipped over somewhat which is disappointing. The Bee character was just wedged in there this week - the show seemed to have too much going on, and by that I mean too many insignificant side stories, prior to that episode I'd felt the balance of content per episode was quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Not a fan of the villain of the week stuff either but I think it's a tad unfair to compare the tones of Daredevil and Flash.

Both shows are true to their roots quite simply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Yeah, I do agree with you a certain amount that it could be improved in ways. I think Daredevil is very entertaining, but the Flash good light-hearted enjoyment. More in a world where wilder supernatural things happen. I suppose they're trying to be somewhat faithful to the comic world, hence some things not always translating to the screen (though I have haven't read them, so presuming here). I think they do a fairly good job with their special effects to create this world.

However, I enjoyed it more at the beginning. The main story line with Wells would be my main interest too and some of the characters and weekly situations/storylines are not that great. I mean I do enjoy the lighter humour a bit, but at the same time, the "hacking" of hammering away at the computer and sparks flying out of them was a bit too corny and stupid. Quite often the lines are just terrible.

They might iron out some of their problems in later seasons when they find their feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

im only half way through daredevil, but its off to as good a start as the flash, but the flash is kinda losing its way at the moment, they dont really know what to do, i mean everyone knows barrys the flash now, bar iris, we know wells is the big bad guy half way through the first season, i dont know how their gonna do it, but im assuming hes gonna still be there if the show goes 7 seasons,

arrow is having a massive identity crisis to, it doesnt seem to know what it wants to do, a lot of the DC shows and films seem to be struggling with consistency, compared to Marvels seamless world building project, all the films along with agents of SHIELD, agent carter and another series said to be in the making, and with the 3 other nextflix character shows to come and the 5th defenders series linking up the 4 netflix characters, just goes to show Marvel are well ahead of DC who just seem to be playing catch up and doing a very bad job of it at that,

even that said ill still watch flash and arrow, but i really wish they would their acts together and makes the shows the best they can, cause it doesnt look like they know how,

Another very good episode (and a decent villain!). What an ending too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,895 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mr E wrote: »
    Another very good episode (and a decent villain!). What an ending too....

No fair.. pesky work getting in the way so I won't see this till tonight :(:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I love the show, but its really starting to annoy me that The Flash has super speed, so he should literally be untouchable but constantly seems to get his ass kicked by normal people.

I love the show, but its really starting to annoy me that The Flash has super speed, so he should literally be untouchable but constantly seems to get his ass kicked by normal people.
    his recovery time from getting knocked out was extremely long for someone who weve see heal large scars in minutes,

but in saying that, that was a brilliant episode, great bad guy, kinda sorry to see him locked up,

great now that they all know about wells, i do wonder where they are gonna go with this, surely wells will be exposed by seasons end, but what about next season, who'll be in charge of STAR labs, and running the criminal prison under it, i wonder if the writers have thought that far ahead,

I expect that the finale will go back to the night of Barry's mother and things will be changed. Tom Cavanagh will be back as the 'real' Wells next season.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    I expect that the finale will go back to the night of Barry's mother and things will be changed. Tom Cavanagh will be back as the 'real' Wells next season.
    but he doesnt build the reactor till 2020

Advertisement