Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,895 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That was epic stuff.. this show just gets better and better :)
    And Iris has FINALLY figured it out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Coming to the theory that they'll use the device used to separate Ronnie and Dr stem to separate the real wells and reverse flash and then he somehow takes over eddies body and that's the bad guy for season 2

Then again this show has kept me guessing all the way through so I'll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

sky88 wrote: »
    Coming to the theory that they'll use the device used to separate Ronnie and Dr stem to separate the real wells and reverse flash and then he somehow takes over eddies body and that's the bad guy for season 2

Then again this show has kept me guessing all the way through so I'll
    ichabod and wells didnt become one, wells died, they found his body in a ditch next to the crash site, ichabod plugged a device into wells that allowed him take wells form, and thats it, it didnt transfer thought,

only way to brings wells back is for barry to turn back time and stop ichabod,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

don ramo wrote: »
    ichabod and wells didnt become one, wells died, they found his body in a ditch next to the crash site, ichabod plugged a device into wells that allowed him take wells form, and thats it, it didnt transfer thought,

only way to brings wells back is for barry to turn back time and stop ichabod,

Wrong show..Ichabod is from Sleepy Hollow..his name is Eobard Thawne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

GodlessM wrote: »
    What is interesting however, is that Eobard says that as of 2015 he isn't born yet, yet in 2024 he is the Reverse-Flash. He is hardly a 9 year old RF in 2024 however, meaning even that isn't his original time.
    I think he revealed, in the alternate-timeline episode just before he kills Cisco, that he's from a future that is a few hundred years away, because he mentioned that events that they're experiencing happened centuries ago from his perspective.

Had a proper think about this...
    Remember what he said when he killed the real Wells, "In the year 2020 your wife Tess Morgan launched a particle accelerator that changed the course of history, I need it to happen a bit sooner if I'm going to get back. Much sooner"

I think the key here is what Wells has been asking Gideon all along. "Is the future intact". That isn't a different timeline. It's the future for this timeline. The newspaper is the final piece to the puzzle "Our very own scarlet speedster disappeared in an explosion of light" - 2024 is when Eobart Thawne finally gets to return home buy using the speed of Flash. That's why he's so concerned with keeping that future intact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Maybe the newspaper signifies that there will only be 4 seasons of the Flash. Arrow will only have 5 seasons as I believe they will finish once they cover all the 5 years he spent on the island through the flashbacks.

I think something similar will happen with the flash. If the particle accelerator was in 2020, that means this is when Barry became the Flash. The news article dated 2024. So Barry was only the Flash for 4 years then achieved all which Gideon claimed in that time
    married Iris, police commissioner and founder of justice whatever they call the league here

Could be seriously wrong though

I'm not sure we can base the length of the series based on the in-show timeline. If the ratings tanked for example it could be cut much earlier, or they might decide that season 2 takes place "3 years later" etc

But the theory above is interesting..
    so Barry becomes the Flash in 2020, fights Thawne in 2024 and they're both jumped back to the night when (young) Barry's mother is killed
    Thawne then finds himself stuck in the past, finds and kills the real Wells and assumes his identity to bring the development of the particle accelerator ahead earlier, turn Barry into the Flash 10 years earlier,
    and all so Thawne can return to his own time (2024 or beyond?)

The one stumbling block, is the whole "is the future intact?" question doesn't fit in as he's already changed that/the current timeline by his actions above. Also, if Gideon was created by Barry (sometime between present day and 2024), how does Thawne have access to it/her? Did Thawne mentor the older Barry when he became the Flash initially as well? Also, what happened to that older Barry when he jumped back. Is he still running around in the present day somewhere, or did he manage to get back to 2024?

I think we need the USS Relativity to show up and sort some of this out :p Funny enough it's also a Wells-class starship! :eek: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭pah

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Also, what happened to that older Barry when he jumped back. Is he still running around in the present day somewhere,

This has been bugging me since the start

Axwell wrote: »
    Wrong show..Ichabod is from Sleepy Hollow..his name is Eobard Thawne.
    haha, i dont watch that, either way weird name:)

pah wrote: »
    This has been bugging me since the start
    well barry has the power to time travel, whereas eobard needed the suit to help him travel through time, so barry could just return whenever he wants, he doesnt need technology to do it, strange though that he didnt go looking for eobard,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

don ramo wrote: »
    well barry has the power to time travel, whereas eobard needed the suit to help him travel through time, so barry could just return whenever he wants, he doesnt need technology to do it, strange though that he didnt go looking for eobard,

Or he is looking for him he just doesn't realize he is stuck in the past and is looking for him during there present time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭pah

sky88 wrote: »
    Or he is looking for him he just doesn't realize he is stuck in the past and is looking for him during there present time

He wouldn't have to look very far though. It doesn't make sense. Where did he go? Even that night, he speeds kid Barry away from the house and then what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Flash and Arrow spinoff
    The CW's The Flash and Arrow spinoff will not battle it out in pilot season like other new orders and will instead go straight to series when it debuts in January, according to star Victor Garber.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s246/the-flash/news/a645374/victor-garber-reveals-the-cws-flash-and-arrow-spinoff-will-go-straight-to-series.html#~pbyZr8N0db6e1g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Had a proper think about this...
    Remember what he said when he killed the real Wells, "In the year 2020 your wife Tess Morgan launched a particle accelerator that changed the course of history, I need it to happen a bit sooner if I'm going to get back. Much sooner"

I think the key here is what Wells has been asking Gideon all along. "Is the future intact". That isn't a different timeline. It's the future for this timeline. The newspaper is the final piece to the puzzle "Our very own scarlet speedster disappeared in an explosion of light" - 2024 is when Eobart Thawne finally gets to return home buy using the speed of Flash. That's why he's so concerned with keeping that future intact.

Very nice; I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Good episode, not as great as last week and Grodd looked great

Especially on a relatively low budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Deleted scene from today's episode that deals with how they feed the prisoners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Solid enough episode after the highs of last week - Grodd looked good considering budget as has already been mentioned....

I wanted to slap Iris for a solid 90% of the episode, talk about annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

This show and Arrow both do a pretty bad job of making the lead females likeable. Laurel and Iris are insufferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

This show and Arrow both do a pretty bad job of making the lead females likeable. Laurel and Iris are insufferable.

Ah, but which is more so? Laurel believing she can fight with zero training was ridiculous - why being a top notch legal officer and adding legitimacy to an otherwise pretty off the books crime clean up wasn't enought for her character is madness - but Iris has the double fact of makings our hero insufferably pouty with her constant barrage of feelings as well having the professional jounalistic skills of your average twitter user.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I didn't think Iris was that bad in this episode and tbh made some fair points that fans have already made, such as her being basically the only one that doesn't know the truth, and how actually her not knowing the truth puts her in more danger. She did her bit to help the team as well.

Though yeah, her basically telling Barry that he was doing a sh1t job finding Eddie was her at her worst.

Honestly, its not just the lead females. While not negative per se, Caitlin is very average; nothing spectacular about her. Felicity is the only light in the female IMO. None of them will ever come close to Moira Queen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Did anyone else feel Joe's was almost overacting when he was faced with Grood?

I know i'd have sh*t my pants if I was facing a gorilla with psionic abilities but it just seemed out of character....

I at least thought they might continue to show his fear once they got him back to star labs.....

Again, Arrow and Flash suffer from the Smallville Love interest effect... will they, wont they, another week, another fight, they make up, they break up..... I find it very annoying and I find it draws away from the bigger story....

Also..... Wells has now 'left the building', why are they not back in the future room asking Gideon a bazillion questions.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,216 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

OmegaRed wrote: »
    Also..... Wells has now 'left the building', why are they not back in the future room asking Gideon a bazillion questions.....

Did he clear the room out prior to the end of last weeks episode? I remember the suit being gone, I assume he had disabled Gideon too, or taken it with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

The room was cleared out alright although there's been no sign of gideon yet, that said, Wells did show Eddie the future paper which Gideon was showing him i.e the future timeline so I'm assuming he took all the tech

I'm suprised we haven't seen more of Barry trying to figure out how he would have created gideon and the different timelines etc. or at the very least trying to make sense of the situation - there were one or two throwaway questions but surely you'd have more thoughts on that mindfúck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Add to that - who's paying the bills? I'd imagine something like star labs would cost quite a bit to run and if the resident billionaire is after doing a runner surely the money would dry up pretty quickly so how do they pay for all their fancy toys, food for the inmates, etc.?

Maybe this has been answered else where but on the night that Barrys mother was killed, its been confirmed that Reverse Flash and Future Flash were both there. Again, I'm presuming it was future Flash that moved young Barry Allen down the street. If Reverse Flash was stuck in the past, doesn't this mean future Flash should also be stuck in the past? I mean, Future flash wouldn't have left Reverse Flash/Thawne in the past to run a muck...

Maybe this has been answered else where but on the night that Barrys mother was killed, its been confirmed that Reverse Flash and Future Flash were both there. Again, I'm presuming it was future Flash that moved young Barry Allen down the street. If Reverse Flash was stuck in the past, doesn't this mean future Flash should also be stuck in the past? I mean, Future flash wouldn't have left Reverse Flash/Thawne in the past to run a muck...

See posts 490-494 above :)
    JohnK wrote: »
    Add to that - who's paying the bills? I'd imagine something like star labs would cost quite a bit to run and if the resident billionaire is after doing a runner surely the money would dry up pretty quickly so how do they pay for all their fancy toys, food for the inmates, etc.?

Maybe Thawne/Wells hasn't gotten around to cancelling the Direct Debits yet? :p
    Did anyone else feel Joe's was almost overacting when he was faced with Grood?

I know i'd have sh*t my pants if I was facing a gorilla with psionic abilities but it just seemed out of character....

I at least thought they might continue to show his fear once they got him back to star labs.....

I suppose it's a result of whatever Grodd was doing to him mentally? Barry didn't seem to have any lasting effects either afterwards but had some pretty intense reactions at the time.
    Again, Arrow and Flash suffer from the Smallville Love interest effect... will they, wont they, another week, another fight, they make up, they break up..... I find it very annoying and I find it draws away from the bigger story....

Agreed.. although personally I think Barry and Katelyn would be a nice couple. The episode where they go on the "date" was fun!
    Maybe the newspaper signifies that there will only be 4 seasons of the Flash.

Although I said above that we couldn't necessarily determine this based on the in-show timeline, in real life I read over the weekend that there's a Flash movie slated for 2018 so maybe the idea is that it will tie up whatever loose ends are left by the series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    See posts 490-494 above :)

Maybe Thawne/Wells hasn't gotten around to cancelling the Direct Debits yet? :p

I suppose it's a result of whatever Grodd was doing to him mentally? Barry didn't seem to have any lasting effects either afterwards but had some pretty intense reactions at the time.

Agreed.. although personally I think Barry and Katelyn would be a nice couple. The episode where they go on the "date" was fun!

Although I said above that we couldn't necessarily determine this based on the in-show timeline, in real life I read over the weekend that there's a Flash movie slated for 2018 so maybe the idea is that it will tie up whatever loose ends are left by the series?

The flash movie will be part of the dcu and separate from the tv show

Advertisement