Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

The flash movie will be part of the dcu and separate from the tv show

Which is bollocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Which is bollocks
    Is it though? If the latest Superman movies were a continuation of Smallville I'd be annoyed - apples and oranges maybe but as much as I liked watching Smallville at the time a lá The Flash - it wouldn't translate well onto the big screen imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

D'Agger wrote: »
    Is it though? If the latest Superman movies were a continuation of Smallville I'd be annoyed - apples and oranges maybe but as much as I liked watching Smallville at the time a lá The Flash - it wouldn't translate well onto the big screen imo

Just my two cents but I think with the whole MCU being connected with both the movies and TV shows (agents of Shield and daredevil/the defenders), people get really engrossed with every aspect of it. This does however bring potential issues of continuity and what happens in one affects the other. Age of Ultron and Agents of Shield the last few weeks being a good example.

As the DC shows are not connected with the movies it allows them to tell their own story. But from what I have been reading it sounds like DC / WB are limiting the characters the TV show can use, Deathstroke, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, because of the movies.... That sucks for fans.

There are pros and cons for having a connected universe or not. Either way, I do feel flash/arrow are suffering more because of this unconnected universe but I am still enjoying the stories they are telling, for the most part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

OmegaRed wrote: »
    Just my two cents but I think with the whole MCU being connected with both the movies and TV shows (agents of Shield and daredevil/the defenders), people get really engrossed with every aspect of it. This does however bring potential issues of continuity and what happens in one affects the other. Age of Ultron and Agents of Sheila the last few weeks being a good example.

As the DC shows are not connected with the movies it allows them to tell their own story. But from what I have been reading it sounds like DC / WB are limiting the characters the TV show can use, Deathstroke, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, because of the movies.... That sucks for fans.

There are pros and cons for having a connected universe or not. Either way, I do feel flash/arrow are suffering more because of this unconnected universe but I am still enjoying the stories they are telling, for the most part.
    good interview with Stephen Amell about DC shows crossovers
    http://comicbook.com/2015/05/09/arrows-stephen-amell-says-any-dc-tv-show-could-crossover-reveals/

I had heard something that he mentioned about doing cross network stuff.

I like Stephen Amell as an actor. He's a bit wooden sometimes but he's still cool. That said, I honestly feel like the guy is clearly saying and doing all the right things for his career path. He's thinking about the money he can make with all this stuff, and you know what, rightly so! I'd be doing the same.

• Advertisement

I had heard something that he mentioned about doing cross network stuff.

I like Stephen Amell as an actor. He's a bit wooden sometimes but he's still cool. That said, I honestly feel like the guy is clearly saying and doing all the right things for his career path. He's thinking about the money he can make with all this stuff, and you know what, rightly so! I'd be doing the same.

Sure he's well know for being very active on Facebook and has created numerous charity funding campaigns like the current Sinceriously campaign. He also said on twitter in relation to Constatine, that if a network picks it up he will guest star.

Sure he's well know for being very active on Facebook and has created numerous charity funding campaigns like the current Sinceriously campaign. He also said on twitter in relation to Constatine, that if a network picks it up he will guest star.

Sorry, It might have sounded like I was being a d*ck... than man has gotta work and gotta get paid rightly so. And I totally respect the charity stuff he does (I bough a f*ck cancer tshirt myself). But he know how to play the game to get work, and you gotta give him credit far that.

Sorry, i know we've gone off topic....

Sorry, It might have sounded like I was being a d*ck... than man has gotta work and gotta get paid rightly so. And I totally respect the charity stuff he does (I bough a f*ck cancer tshirt myself). But he know how to play the game to get work, and you gotta give him credit far that.

Sorry, i know we've gone off topic....

I didn't think you were being a d*ck, I totally agree with you, he definitely knows how to use his publicity from Arrow to further his career and was just giving an example of how he uses this to further his charity work and how he treats his fans.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

He's Casey Jones in the next Turtles movie also so hes getting noticed.

Axwell wrote: »
    He's Casey Jones in the next Turtles movie also so hes getting noticed.

He's also voiced arrow in Injustice among us and Lego Batman 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Just my two cents but I think with the whole MCU being connected with both the movies and TV shows (agents of Shield and daredevil/the defenders), people get really engrossed with every aspect of it. This does however bring potential issues of continuity and what happens in one affects the other. Age of Ultron and Agents of Shield the last few weeks being a good example.

next season now we'll have 3 shows on the go, all connected, there will be characters from both arrow and flash being central character on it, with new ones introduced, so with DC/WB limiting who can and cant appear on tv the issues are only gonna get bigger,

bar batman DC have been in free-fall for over 10 years, with attempted reboots and what not, and now that they have embarked on an MCU kind of project, and all they seem to doing is playing catch up, and doing a pretty bad job of it, within 2 years, marvel will have 6 if not more separate series on the go(SHIELD, Agent Carter, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fists), and also 2 or 3 more standalone character films (Ant Man, Dr Strange, Spider-man) to add the 4 already on the go, and all set in the same universe,

and all DC can do is tie their TV divisions hands together, no crossover, and limiting who can and cant appear in each show, its ridiculous, like deadshot and harley quinn, hardly big central characters to DC, we havent seen any of them on film in over 20 years, yet we cant see them on TV, fair enough we have questions about marvel shows, why stark doesnt pop up here and there, but DC just right up dont allow it, like smallville ran for 10 seasons and all we saw a distant glimpse of clark in the suit at the very end, so badly done,

i wonder if they have one person in to oversee the tv division, sort out continuity issues and all that, with 3 shows on the go and i assume theyll all crossover 2 if not 3 times a season, is there actually someone looking after the overall project, or is it just 3 separate shows running independently of each other, like the difference between Felicity and Ray on flash and arrow this year,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

4 shows if you count Supergirl since they said it'll be set in the universe. Though guessing be a lot less crossover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

^^ You're forgetting a big DC show at the moment, Gotham, as well as CBS' upcoming Supergirl set to begin this autumn. So that's 5 big shows already (including Arrow, Flash, and the team-up spin-off). Gotham is on Fox and there doesn't seem to be any chance of crossovers, but there have been suggestions of crossovers between Supergirl and Flash/Arrow, despite it being on a different network. And Constantine, though cancelled, still has a chance of being picked up by Amazon or Netflix (albeit a remote chance). So including All of those mentioned, that's 6 DC shows in the one year (okay the "legends" spin-off probably won't air til the spring but it's pretty close :pac:). Sure, the continuity is fractured/non-existant, but that's still 6 major shows with a plethora of characters from the DC universe being explored on TV at the same time, I think that's pretty impressive anyway. :)

^^ You're forgetting a big DC show at the moment, Gotham, as well as CBS' upcoming Supergirl set to begin this autumn. So that's 5 big shows already (including Arrow, Flash, and the team-up spin-off). Gotham is on Fox and there doesn't seem to be any chance of crossovers, but there have been suggestions of crossovers between Supergirl and Flash/Arrow, despite it being on a different network. And Constantine, though cancelled, still has a chance of being picked up by Amazon or Netflix (albeit a remote chance). So including All of those mentioned, that's 6 DC shows in the one year (okay the "legends" spin-off probably won't air til the spring but it's pretty close :pac:). Sure, the continuity is fractured/non-existant, but that's still 6 major shows with a plethora of characters from the DC universe being explored on TV at the same time, I think that's pretty impressive anyway. :)

TNT are also working on a Titans show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

yeah 6 shows with 6 different crews working on them, the 3 on CW will almost certainly have crossover, and because CW falls under the CBS umbrella then yes supergirl could cross over, but i dunno about gotham, would FOX go for that, they order a show for their channel,

is there actually someone there working on keeping the continuity right, like the character differences when the likes of felicity or diggle crossover, its like their different characters, the bigger it gets the bigger these issues will be,

im all for as much as possible, but not if its a half ass attempt and the creators have a hand tied behind their back cause the films take priority,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Has there been a reason that there is no continuity between the dc movies and the dc universe on tv?

Marvel have done such a great job, seems silly to be splitting universes within universes for whatever reasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

youngblood wrote: »
    Has there been a reason that there is no continuity between the dc movies and the dc universe on tv?

Marvel have done such a great job, seems silly to be splitting universes within universes for whatever reasons

Because the Marvel Cinematic Universe has been going since 2006 and they already had a monolopy on film when they started planning the TV shows Agents of SHIELD, Daredevil etc. it was always the plan that they were part of that film world...

The first film in the DC Comics Shared Universe was Man of Steel in 2013 and the next film Batman vs Superman isn't out until next year. Arrow, The Flash, Gotham etc. weren't planned to be part of that particular film franchise so exists as a seperate entitiy.

DC is almost a decade behind Marvel when it comes to the scale of their films, so I wouldn't be expecting any TV tie-ins to the Films until the Film franchise has enough of a following and critical acclaim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Gotham crossover ? I haven't a clue how that would work. Unless you plan on having batman/Bruce etc 10-15 years younger than other heroes?

Maybe I'm turned off the idea because I've lost interest in Gotham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is no way Fox would do a crossover with The CW.

Yeah Gotham is the only show that there wouldn't be a crossover, all the other shows are possible as they are set in present day and not on Fox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pretty good episode, but the last 5 minutes were great! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,895 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mr E wrote: »
    Pretty good episode, but the last 5 minutes were great! :)

I have to stop reading this thread on a Wednesday morning. Will be 10 hours before I get to watch it :(

This is the only show I'm following at the minute (well until The Last Ship returns in a few weeks) and it's been consistently good-great in my opinion which isn't bad at all for a first season.

Great episode, can't wait for next week. Also notice the song playing in the bar and the Green Lantern Reference at Ferris Air

I thought it was quite a boring run of the mill episode until the last act which was great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Just watched the Grodd episode.

Brilliant series!

Anyone know if there's a season 2?

DakarVert wrote: »
    Just watched the Grodd episode.

Brilliant series!

Anyone know if there's a season 2?

Yep got renewed back in January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Good episode this week, kind of underwhelming and again, the incredibly plastic, cartoonish acting of Captain Cold - I've said before this was a problem for me but in this episode, all other characters were fantastic - it's literally just Millers over acting that's driving me up the walls.

Hoping for a brilliant finale - I do think we'll get it and I'm delighted to see the queries that were raised here about the prisoners dealt with. Very interesting POVs given by both Barry & Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Future Flash
    in the trailer for the finale.

GodlessM wrote: »
    Future Flash
    in the trailer for the finale.

Spoiler please some of us don't watch trailers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,216 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wells is a far more menacing and threatening than Ultron. Just occurred to me while watching this weeks episode - he actually feels like a threat to everyone who goes up against him, and the world. I wish Marvel could inject some of this fear into their villains.

Advertisement