Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah I've encountered so many bloody spoilers at this stage thanks to liking the Facebook pages, it's annoying but I blame myself for following things too closely like that. The blessings and the curses of social media! Haven't seen the penultimate episode yet but I think I'll save it now and watch it together with the season finale next week (by which time I'll probably know what happens in the mid-season 2 finale :pac:).

Most TV show Facebook pages spoil too much. I remember the How I Met Your Mother Facebook page revealing the identity of the mother right after the episode aired and people were giving out about it.

If you don't want spoilers for shows but still like their Facebook pages and twitter pages there are plenty of apps and extensions that place spoiler tags for any social media posts for a given show. I also use mute on TweetDeck so any post with the name of the show won't appear in my feed.

Here's one chrome extension that works on any site
    http://www.unspoiler.tv/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's sort of amazing the problems that can be solved and the disasters that can be averted simply by running really fast. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Was it just me or did Barry's suit turn yellow right at the end as he was coming off the building there? Nice Killer Frost and Vibe easter eggs in that one. I was worried at the beginning because they seemed to drag it but that really payed off. I'm guessing the alternate timeline we will see next season is not one that replaces the one we have seen already but rather how Barry experiences it on the other side (given that they said it won't effect Arrow or LoT; those shows would be operating on a different timeline to the Flash). Could be their way to bring Wally West into it also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

GodlessM wrote: »
    Was it just me or did Barry's suit turn yellow right at the end as he was coming off the building there? Nice Killer Frost and Vibe easter eggs in that one. I was worried at the beginning because they seemed to drag it but that really payed off. I'm guessing the alternate timeline we will see next season is not one that replaces the one we have seen already but rather how Barry experiences it on the other side (given that they said it won't effect Arrow or LoT; those shows would be operating on a different timeline to the Flash). Could be their way to bring Wally West into it also.

Wanna spoiler tag that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you're in here the night after an episode (and haven't seen it yet), then beware spoilers. As for the rest, guessing <> spoilers. :)

Absolutely stunning episode. Slow build-up, but amazing ending. I could not have predicted what happened to Eddie, but weirdly I don't think that's the end of that story.

That scene with Barry and his mother was heartbreaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

easter eggs, easter eggs everywhere! :D

Note: before going to this link make sure you have watched the finale!

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/19/the-flash-easter-eggs-and-dc-comics-references-in-fast-enough/

Now that is how you do a season finale.
    Also in an interview from yesterday Grant Gustin mentioned what's coming up in season 2.
    What's fun about this show is that there's going to be multiple timelines as we move forward," Gustin says. "I think we're going to start showing Earth-One and Earth-Two in the near future. There will be kind of different dimensions going on."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was AWESOME.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

May the speed force be with you. :D

There was a significant Firestorm scene deleted, Robbie Amell mentioned
    They introduced matter manipulation in the finale -- but the finale was also thirty minutes too long, because it's such a huge, incredible episode, [the scene] was one of the things that could go. You won't see it, but originally I turn a thermometer into a flower for her(Caitln).

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/robbie-amell-says-new-firestorm-power-cut-from-the-flash-season-finale

• Advertisement

Loved the Jay Garrick nod.
    the Wormhole would be a good way to introduce Apokolipse for Super Girl tie in.

Can someone explain the hat being thrown through the wormhole? Also surely Eddie killing himself, which was completely and utterly out of the blue, means that Wells stays the person he was, because he was never killed

Can someone explain the hat being thrown through the wormhole? Also surely Eddie killing himself, which was completely and utterly out of the blue, means that Wells stays the person he was, because he was never killed

The silver hat belonged to Jay Garrick, one of the other heroes known as The Flash. Was wondering about Wells myself too, this is what you call a paradox(mind fcuk).

The silver hat belonged to Jay Garrick, one of the other heroes known as The Flash. Was wondering about Wells myself too, this is what you call a paradox(mind fcuk).
    It's been reported that
    Tom Cavanagh will be in season 2 so we can assume that with Eobard Thawne never existing, he never went back in time so Nora Allen and the real Wells are still alive
    Its a lot of timey wimey stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

It was a nod to Jay Garrick the 1st Flash who lives in an alternate timeline!

That was an amazing episode! Flashpoint has some major Feels!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Did not see the Eddie sacrifice coming and usually that's something I would've called in advance. Completely caught me off guard. Great end to a great freshman season.

Has it been renewed for a second season? Very interested to see if they get a larger budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Was renewed in January.

Has it been renewed for a second season? Very interested to see if they get a larger budget.

Was renewed back in January and the writers have said that there is going to be bigger Special effects next season. It's one of their highest viewed shows so they will definetly have a bigger budget

That's fantastic news. I think this and the movie, Monsters, show that you don't need to have a mega budget to have incredible effects

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

That was very good, I hope this show has enough of a following and has proven enough of a success thus far to stimulate more investment into graphics and effects - it's one area that has been decent given budget constraints but could do with sharpening up to make it a more complete show, it was ever so slightly lacking on this front in the finale but that's being pedantic admittedly.

I remember thinking at the time that Wells took Eddie because if they figured out removing him removed Thawne then they might....do something to Eddie. That said what bonearsebogman has pointed out has now blown my mind and there's a serious amount of directions this story can go which I'm excited about. Fingers crossed season 2 is even stronger than this one. Credit to the writers too - I thought what happened with Flash going back, the simple hand, the decisions made and how it turned out - well played.

One minor thing that bugged me - who dafuq did Tom Cavanaghs make up? At one stage in the containment chamber he looked like a little girl had been getting him ready for a tea party :pac:

Anyway, in summation, I had a number of issues with the show to begin with - it can be too 'kidsy' at times, but the plot and production of season one deserves credit, it's been a very solid first season, I hope they build on it from here and make a very good TV show.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Great finale, damn them leaving with that cliffhanger ending though.

So many great nods and setups for storylines in Season 2

Loved Dr Stein in this episode, he took over from Wells as the scientist type character but some of his lines in the episode were great.

Spoiling anything else in relation to what I saw in the episode, where season 2 could go and all the nods I have seen or come across.

When Barry is in the speedforce we see the Flash Museum, Legends of tomorrow, alternate Barry in jail and Killer Frost.

Jay Garrick - the hat coming through signifies the start of the disruption of the timelines and why Reverse Flash says its time to leave. He is bound to appear in Season 2 along with Killer Frost but possibly in alternate timelines while we still have our current set of characters. They have already said that alternate timelines and time travel will be a big part of Season 2 now its been introduced.

Rip Hunter and the time machine - another nod to the Legends of Tomorrow.

Hawkgirl - Legends of tomorrow nod

Villains - with the vortex open theres a good chance that will be the reason we get lots of new villains. The same way the particle accelerator created the ones this season the wormhole brings through the ones for Season 2. Also it gives reason to the Legends of Tomorrow. To help defeat all these new villains.

Vibe! This looks like a big setup for Season 2 - Vibe will be able to use his powers to detect the villains coming through or the changes in the other timelines as a way to link them into the show.

Dr Wells is now alive and well.

Possible reference to Cobalt Blue..Wells/RF tells them to use Cobalt on the machine to control the heat. Eddie dying at the end and getting pulled into the wormhole. Also theres a shot of him lying on the ground and it looks like a Flash Ring around his neck. Possibly nothing or just a nod but we may see him in an alternate timeline.

Nod to hitchhikers guide also was funny.

Is it possible that season two will be set however many years in the future? The fact that Eobard never went back to kill Wells means that Wells is on the track he was on originally, which means that he and his wife don't build the particle accelerator until.. 2024, was it? Now, this is completely assumptions on my part and they'll likely go on as normal, with the exact same timeline, but instead introduce multiple dimensions, which I now understand was the case with that hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Holy shít, what a finale. Damn that cliffhanger!

The scene with Barry & his mother was fantastic, so emotional. Wasn't expecting the Eddie sacrifice either, really liked the fact that he turned out to be more important than he ever thought he would be. Great episode, really looking forward to season 2.

Is it possible that season two will be set however many years in the future? The fact that Eobard never went back to kill Wells means that Wells is on the track he was on originally, which means that he and his wife don't build the particle accelerator until.. 2024, was it? Now, this is completely assumptions on my part and they'll likely go on as normal, with the exact same timeline, but instead introduce multiple dimensions, which I now understand was the case with that hat.

The timeline is all over the place but I doubt they will change the time setting as it crossovers with Arrow . They will probably use the different dimensions to show different versions of the characters (Killer Frost could be from a reality where Ronnie dies and never becomes FireStorm and Caitlin instead gets powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

What an absolutely amazing season of television. I was totally blown away by it as I really, really did not expect something as good as this. I've never read any of the comics or anything like that but there's clearly such a wealth of characters and plotlines to come.

Easily the best new show of the year for me! I can't wait for it to be back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

That was a fantastic finale. Cannot wait for season 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

First up, if anyone is mentioning ANYTHING comic related, can you put "comic" before the spoiler tags? Don't want anything ruined for season two. I know the whole idea of this is not to discuss anything comic related, but it's inevitable that it will happen. Please and thank you.

Also, what a show. Everything about it was great (from a non-comic reader). Everything worked so well together! Cannot wait for season 2.

Finally, and i think it may have been answered before, but (finale spoiler)
    why does Thawne hate the Flash? Going by this episode, he's not born for another 136 years (if at all now). I take it that it's a future Flash that Thawne actually hates, but thought that by killing Barry he would stop the future Flash happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

why does Thawne hate the Flash? Going by this episode, he's not born for another 136 years (if at all now). I take it that it's a future Flash that Thawne actually hates, but thought that by killing Barry he would stop the future Flash happening?

Future Flash is still Barry Allen, with the mastery of time travel in essence he becomes Timeless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Finally, and i think it may have been answered before, but (finale spoiler)

Dont think it needs to be spoilered - its part of the show and the episode. We dont know why Thawne hates Barry. Thats one of the things he never answered. When Barry asks why he avoids answering it but just says they have hated each other for a very long time. Thawne in a previous episode spoke about the hurt of losing everyone around you and them been taken away from you so its possible it relates somehow to his family but we dont know. Also as said above, Future Flash as you put it is still Barry Allen. Also worth noting Thawne is from further ahead of Future Flashes time, hes clearly come back in time already to initally fight the flash and then come back further again to try kill Barry before he is born.

Advertisement