Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I wonder if in season 2 we will see Reverse Flash back, somehow, and have it end with that Mother killing scene again. Would explain why future barry stops present barry - he would have known why present barry was there, and what he was trying to do, otherwise he should have been surprised. We might also get an explanation, via that, as to where Future Barry actually went, which is a very lose thread at this point. Why did he only move Barry into the street (not exactly safe from RF) and then sprint off leaving RF to potentially kill his mother, his father and his younger self.

I don't think that will happen, mainly because the Flash we see there is at least a decade in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I reckon Mitch is right, it'll probably end with that scene again, and it will explain why Barry told Barry to not save his mother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why does Eobard hate Barry so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

There are a lot of variations on the rivalry in the comics, in the comics Thawne is a fan of The Flash, just took this from the DC wiki.
    He worshipped him as a hero and as a friend. He knew everything about Barry, keeping a collection of memorabilia about his hero.

Maybe someone who's knowledgeable about The Flash comics can clear it up a bit better than i did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    There are a lot of variations on the rivalry in the comics, in the comics Thawne is a fan of The Flash, just took this from the DC wiki.

Maybe someone who's knowledgeable about The Flash comics can clear it up a bit better than i did.

I read that DC wiki and it me sent in multiple different directions all of which were confusing - definitely worth a read though!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

With Barry running into the black hole, how is that going to effect Season 2, will the show's current time line be reset/stay the same, will/could Barry arrive in another time, how will his actions affect Arrow, seeing as the 2 shows are sort of intertwined with each other.

And how will Flash/Arrow tie in to Legends Of Tomorrow

My head spins just from thinking off all the possibilities.

How about no? It's obviously something that hasn't been revealed in the tv show yet, so i hope nobody ruins this for us non-comic readers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

With Barry running into the black hole, how is that going to effect Season 2, will the show's current time line be reset/stay the same, will/could Barry arrive in another time, how will his actions affect Arrow, seeing as the 2 shows are sort of intertwined with each other.

And how will Flash/Arrow tie in to Legends Of Tomorrow

My head spins just from thinking off all the possibilities.

Probably just a whole load of parallel universes (universi?) of which one will likely contain Barry's dad as the Flash wearing the 90s costume in all it's cheesiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Mormegil

I wonder if in season 2 we will see Reverse Flash back, somehow, and have it end with that Mother killing scene again. Would explain why future barry stops present barry - he would have known why present barry was there, and what he was trying to do, otherwise he should have been surprised. We might also get an explanation, via that, as to where Future Barry actually went, which is a very lose thread at this point. Why did he only move Barry into the street (not exactly safe from RF) and then sprint off leaving RF to potentially kill his mother, his father and his younger self.

2024 Barry is trying to keep the timeline intact if him stopping 2015 Barry from changing anything is any indication.

If that is the case then he has to make sure everything is the same. He would recall being left in the street as a child so therefore to keep the timeline intact he would have to leave the child Barry in the same street.

• Advertisement

Mormegil wrote: »
    2024 Barry is trying to keep the timeline intact if him stopping 2015 Barry from changing anything is any indication.

If that is the case then he has to make sure everything is the same. He would recall being left in the street as a child so therefore to keep the timeline intact he would have to leave the child Barry in the same street.

circular argument on timetravel though.... he was only left on the street because he was left on the street?:confused::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Which is the problem with time travel in storytelling and why it doesnt work. Multiple dimensions works a lot better from a logic and consistency standpoint.

circular argument on timetravel though.... he was only left on the street because he was left on the street?:confused::D
    Maybe he left him on the street because he had to rush to get to his wormhole/portal back to his time and just dumped him pretty much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

The producer has come out and said that the whole first season was an alternate timeline. This wrinkles my brain. So much to ponder

D'Agger wrote: »
    Maybe he left him on the street because he had to rush to get to his wormhole/portal back to his time and just dumped him pretty much!

Does Barry actually need a wormhole? I think the wormhole was purely for Eobart but travel in time, not Barry. Barry can time travel simply by running fast enough and embracing the speedforce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I reckon the original Flash TV series from 1990 will be an alternative timeline and we will seeJohn Wesley Shipp as The Flash again.

The producer has come out and said that the whole first season was an alternate timeline. This wrinkles my brain. So much to ponder

Actually makes sense. Considering the "original" timeline was when future Flash pished off Thawne enough to go back and kill Barrys mother, which caused an alternate timeline in which Thawne has been playing the puppeteer. So, yeah, makes sense!

So the Flash is essentially now Star Trek remake?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Does Barry actually need a wormhole? I think the wormhole was purely for Eobart but travel in time, not Barry. Barry can time travel simply by running fast enough and embracing the speedforce.

Maybe it was so Barry could get back from the past to that particular place in time with Joe/Cisco/everyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

no he doesnt need a wormhole, as we already seen earlier in the season when he went back a day trying to stop the tidal wave, barry has the speedforce in him, but obviously someone has learned how to harness it in the future,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Mormegil

Does he need a Wormhole to actually be able to exist in the past twice (Or more times)?

When we saw him time travel by just running fast he ended up basically replacing his past self.

So esentially Past Barry just ceased to exist and was replaced by Future Barry with memories of the next 24 hours.

However when he used the Wormhole he was able to exist in the past alongside his child self (and his even more Futureself) without him just becoming his child self (with 15 years of future memories).

Gona have to stay away from this thread for a bit - there's only so many times I can have my mind blown per day :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So that means 3 seasons of Arrow were also an alternate timeline?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Actually makes sense. Considering the "original" timeline was when future Flash pished off Thawne enough to go back and kill Barrys mother, which caused an alternate timeline in which Thawne has been playing the puppeteer. So, yeah, makes sense!

Technically Thawne travels from his own time first off to even meet future Barry (hes not from the same year as Future Barry) so we don't know if that is even the same timeline, we just know he comes from the future and at some point he and Barry develop a hatred for each other.

Simplify things. The original timeline is the one where Wells and his Wife don't die and go on to build the particle accelerator. This creates metahumans including the Flash. At some point Thawne becomes part of this timeline.

The alternate timeline and the basis for the tv series is based on a timeline where Thawne comes back to kill Barrys mother. So we have basically always watched the alternate timeline as the main timeline from the point of being the one the show focuses on most episode to episode.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    So that means 3 seasons of Arrow were also an alternate timeline?

The Arrows exists as we know it in the same timelines as we have been watching the Flash. From the point of view of watching the show its the main timeline but yes there is an alternate one which ties back to the original Flash one where Dr Wells didnt die in the car crash. Its easier to just think of both Flash and Arrow as being the main time line or else your brain starts to turn to mush :D especially if the original timeline above..isnt the original timeline but another alternate one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Maybe the Flash movie will be the Original timeline and will end with the movies Flash (Ezra Miller) stopping the TV Flash from changing the timeline. Its all connected :P

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

This guy explains a lot about the characters from the comics like the back stories which is useful. He also does Arrow videos and Game Of Thrones so it's worth having a look at his videos if you're into them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,895 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

OK I'll say it... I have a feeling that if they overcomplicate the story with time travel and alternate timelines and versions of the characters, it could kill the show. :(

It might work in comics and for those who are prepared to put in the time to try and follow along, but will the average (American) viewer stick with it?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    OK I'll say it... I have a feeling that if they overcomplicate the story with time travel and alternate timelines and versions of the characters, it could kill the show. :(

It might work in comics and for those who are prepared to put in the time to try and follow along, but will the average (American) viewer stick with it?
    and thats the difference between DC and Marvel, DC feel the need to keep trying new things, get as much comic set material out there, whereas marvel are far safer in what they let out there, you throw to much comic stuff out there people will start losing interest, there's over 50 years of stuff built up in the comics, different variation of characters, different story lines that contradict other story lines, its best to keep it limited, restrict certain powers, and keep the characters limited so that you can build a somewhat realistic story around them, and none of them are powerful enough to get the job done by themselves,

and that works, marvel just made another billion dollars off a storytelling model that hasnt been updated in 7 years,

its definitely gonna be interesting so see what they do next season, if it does go into alternate timelines id say it will be more barry is lost, and is gonna try and find a way home, this season is his home point, its the life he chose for himself, so this should be the reality he should be living in,

the producer said that season 1 is an alternate timeline more the sense of what is the right timeline, and the answer is none of them are the right one, except for the one you live in, for every left and right turn decision ever made 2 alternate timelines were created,

this season is barrys home, its his timeline, how much it changes with eobards death remains to be seen, will he even recognise it when he gets back to it,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

don ramo wrote: »
    and thats the difference between DC and Marvel, DC feel the need to keep trying new things, get as much comic set material out there, whereas marvel are far safer in what they let out there,

I couldn't disagree more. One of Marvel's biggest movies to date featured a tree and a talking raccoon.

• Advertisement

Bad Horse wrote: »
    I couldn't disagree more. One of Marvel's biggest movies to date featured a tree and a talking raccoon.
    4th outta 10 at the BO, ya it was good, but still it kept the tried and tested marvel formula storytelling, i loved it myself, but it was still safe, and the only reason they were able to take that risk is because they had a proven track record, and they tried something new with GOTG and it worked, if it didnt they would have just abandoned it and wrote it off as worthwhile mistake,

GOTG was marvels biggest risk since iron man 1, DC take risk with every venture they take these days, superman i thought was terrible, still made money, but it could have been so much better, and now their taking another risk with batman vs superman, and the sucide squad, and not only are they taking those risk there trying to do multiple tv shows also, where in those shows a larger universe is on show, but were never gonna see than universe cause DC have a stick up their ass about superman or batman not being reduced to small screen status (the supergirl pilot showed that off badly), hell they cant even be mentioned on the small screen, and you have arrow having to write out a character cause hes now being used in a film,

Advertisement