Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,895 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

don ramo wrote: »
    its definitely gonna be interesting so see what they do next season, if it does go into alternate timelines id say it will be more barry is lost, and is gonna try and find a way home, this season is his home point, its the life he chose for himself, so this should be the reality he should be living in,

the producer said that season 1 is an alternate timeline more the sense of what is the right timeline, and the answer is none of them are the right one, except for the one you live in, for every left and right turn decision ever made 2 alternate timelines were created,

this season is barrys home, its his timeline, how much it changes with eobards death remains to be seen, will he even recognise it when he gets back to it,

So essentially the show becomes a Sliders/Quantum Leap mash-up?

Personally I loved the time travel/alternate universe episodes in Trek and Stargate (the 2-part "In a Mirror Darkly" of Enterprise's final season was excellent and possibly the best of the entire series IMO, SG1's "Window of Opportunity" where O'Neill and Teal'c repeat the same day over and over was just hilarious, etc) but The Flash has positioned itself as a fun, lightweight superhero show and I worry that if they start introducing multiple/conflicting timelines and alternate versions of established characters as "core"/weekly concepts that it'll turn the audience away... and we already know how fickle the US audience (who decide these things) are - the excellent SGU got cancelled just as it was starting to hit its stride for example, mostly because it was "too different" to what went before.

In other words, if they mess with the established formula too much, it could be the undoing of the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    So essentially the show becomes a Sliders/Quantum Leap mash-up?

Personally I loved the time travel/alternate universe episodes in Trek and Stargate (the 2-part "In a Mirror Darkly" of Enterprise's final season was excellent and possibly the best of the entire series IMO, SG1's "Window of Opportunity" where O'Neill and Teal'c repeat the same day over and over was just hilarious, etc) but The Flash has positioned itself as a fun, lightweight superhero show and I worry that if they start introducing multiple/conflicting timelines and alternate versions of established characters as "core"/weekly concepts that it'll turn the audience away... and we already know how fickle the US audience (who decide these things) are - the excellent SGU got cancelled just as it was starting to hit its stride for example, mostly because it was "too different" to what went before.

In other words, if they mess with the established formula too much, it could be the undoing of the series.
    id say he'll get lost in another timeline, cisco will probably be able to see him, seeing as hes already witnessed an alternate timeline, and eobard seemed to know who cisco becomes after he said that, and will try and get barry back to this reality, but they could only get away with it for half a season, maybe a season at most, you probably could so what DS9 or Fringe done and have the other timelines pop up or seep in here and there as the series goes on, but id expect the whole first half of season 2 to be barry jumping to alternate timelines, till cisco and caitlin can get him back,

barry might get stuck in one particular timeline, so we may only have to deal with 2 timelines, which would be a better idea, cause when you start hitting 5 or 6 different versions of everyone, things could start getting to complicated,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭pah

Watched this yesterday.

great take on the time travel, alternate reality story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

pah wrote: »
    Watched this yesterday.

great take on the time travel, alternate reality story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭pah

D'Agger wrote: »

I'd have to agree with you there.

• Advertisement

pah wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with you there.
    Your link wasn't showing up for me so was just quoting it with fixed youtube tags - maybe it's showing fine for yourself/others?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Barry is getting a new love interest in Season 2.
    The CW hit is casting the major recurring role of Wendy, a “spunky, fun and funny” romantic interest for one Barry Allen.
    A cop for the Central City PD, Wendy is described as bright and scientific-minded — more specifically, “Think ‘Felicity Smoak’ from Arrow,” the casting call reads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Advertisement

Season one highlight reel with Season 2 spoilers at end of video

-Zoom is the big bad
    -Teddy Sears will play Jay Garrick , and Shantel VanSanten will play Patty Spivot( Joe's new partner and love interest for Barry)
    -Earth 2 characters will be introduced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Definitely going Apokolips route(season 3 perhaps) if Earth 2 characters are introduced, kind of hope to see Johnny Quick and The Crime Syndicate too but that is wishful thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

cast interview with tvline, i wonder if theyll have much arrow flash crossover this year, or will it be a little to much with an
    alternate universe
    in play, but i must say seeing a bad felicity wouldnt be the worst thing in the world:P, and with a 3rd show coming into play it could make things harder again

and the cast panel from comic con

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

don ramo wrote: »
    but i must say seeing a bad felicity wouldnt be the worst thing in the world:P,

My head would explode seeing bad Felicity with dark hair dressed like a dominatrix :D

Michael Ironside :D:D:D:D is cast
    Captain Cold's Father

Michael Ironside :D:D:D:D is cast
    Captain Cold's Father

Interesting role he is playing even though the character has only been mentioned in the comics. Also he played General Lane in Smallville

He's been doing well in Haven recently plays a better likable character than douche.

new suitSeason one suit
    the-flash-02.jpg

This is actually season one's suit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Damn, when I seen Michael Ironside I thought Darkseid was coming.

• Advertisement

I suppose the new suit will be giganta-vortex / black hole proof? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

CKY0cAaUAAA_nhE.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,895 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Damn, when I seen Michael Ironside I thought Darkseid was coming.

O/T but whenever *I* see Michael Ironside I think....

Poor guy is forever typecasted in my mind anyway! :p Great actor though!

The suit already shows a huge increase in budget!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I wonder if he'll lose any more body parts in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He is and will always be Ham Tyler

Too much too soon??
    Getting a bang of early Gotham cramming characters here

Well it was only a matter of time after his Mrs was on the show.

• Advertisement

First look at Jay Garrick
    CMKEgJoWIAAj5Yl.png

Advertisement