Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Great episode. Disappointed Jay has lost his speed. Likely won't regain it for most of the season at least. Great to see Tom Cavanagh back; presuming that was a flash-sideways to Earth-2 and he'll be shifted across at some point.

Not loving Zoom's black costume but that's me being a stickler more than anything.
    crazyderk wrote: »
    I was maybe 1/3 to halfway through the first season I think. John Barrowman had made a few appearances that all i remember

First 3rd of season one is awful. Then it gets good. Season 2 is great. Season 3 is so awful, it hurts my brain to even remember it. Season 4 is one episode in and miles better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Is it just me or has Caitlyn undergone a makeover this season? She's suddenly looking a lot more sultry in the makeup department and dressing in more figure-complimenting outfits. Not complaining! Just wondering if it was a decision from the production team to sex-up her character a little bit, or Maybe just maybe she was replaced by her Killer Frost persona from Earth 2!? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Mr E wrote: »
    That was a tie into a comic of the same name. Fan service for the comic readers.

In that case, bravo - nice throwback :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Great episode. Disappointed Jay has lost his speed. Likely won't regain it for most of the season at least. Great to see Tom Cavanagh back; presuming that was a flash-sideways to Earth-2 and he'll be shifted across at some point.

So long as he's not Zoom, which would just be an entire rehash of last season's story, he's welcome back. Always liked Cavanagh.

I'm guessing Zoom brings him from Earth-2 to mess with Flash's head. Flash is already showing trust issues and how much Wells' betrayal hurt him.

I would hope that for Season 3 we get a main villian who isn't another speedster though.

Penn wrote: »
    So long as he's not Zoom, which would just be an entire rehash of last season's story, he's welcome back. Always liked Cavanagh.

I'm guessing Zoom brings him from Earth-2 to mess with Flash's head. Flash is already showing trust issues and how much Wells' betrayal hurt him.

I would hope that for Season 3 we get a main villian who isn't another speedster though.

Agreed on all counts. I've a decent idea of who Zoom may be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm thinking
    Earth-2 Eddie Thawne
    . Pure guesswork based on nothing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Are you thinking
    Alt. Timeline Eddie?

The above spoiler is just speculation BTW.

Penn wrote: »
    I'm thinking
    Earth-2 Eddie Thawne
    . Pure guesswork based on nothing though.
    Average-Ro wrote: »
    Are you thinking
    Alt. Timeline Eddie?

The above spoiler is just speculation BTW.

Yep.

Other interesting choices would be
    Earth-2 versions of Barry's dad or Joe. Eddie Thawne is the most likely though, cos they probably won't go with Eobard again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Yep.

Other interesting choices would be
    Earth-2 versions of Barry's dad or Joe. Eddie Thawne is the most likely though, cos they probably won't go with Eobard again.
    Earth-2 version of Barry's Dad could be fantastic if they do it carefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Mr E wrote: »
    That was a tie into a comic of the same name. Fan service for the comic readers.

I got that it was a fan service thing but it looked so awkward and out of place. I love any time they put in comic book references but that bit just made me cringe, like it was really really forced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Cows Go µ wrote: »
    I got that it was a fan service thing but it looked so awkward and out of place. I love any time they put in comic book references but that bit just made me cringe, like it was really really forced.
    I'll tell you what made it cringey - the way they ran

It was like they were trying to run majestically, it looked bad but at the same time, like I said after, nice to see a hat tip to the comics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'll tell you what made it cringey - the way they ran

It was like they were trying to run majestically, it looked bad but at the same time, like I said after, nice to see a hat tip to the comics.

Exactly! It was the weird jog thing that seemed completely unnatural. I like my comic book references to be unnoticeable to regular audiences but every nerd in the room is freaking out. I don't want to be hit over the head with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Another excellent episode, if not a bit calmer than the preceding two.

Also, hon Cicso!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm sure if there was a rule book for portals between dimensions/earths, 1 rule would be not to leave the portal active and unattended at any time.

So setup for Snart and single person Firestorm in Legends. I feel Stein is just there to keep him visible until Legends airs. Just seems awkward at times.

I would not recognise Vanessa Williams if I didn't know she was in it.

And random Malese Jow appearance. Hopefully just to remind us she's there before being in it more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm sure if there was a rule book for portals between dimensions/earths, 1 rule would be not to leave the portal active and unattended at any time.

So setup for Snart and single person Firestorm in Legends. I feel Stein is just there to keep him visible until Legends airs. Just seems awkward at times.

I would not recognise Vanessa Williams if I didn't know she was in it.

And random Malese Jow appearance. Hopefully just to remind us she's there before being in it more often.

Not quiet, that little issue will be sorted soon.

Probably going to deal with Earth 2
    Harrison Wells coming through the breach
    as well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CastorTroy wrote: »

The Cw spoiled what happens to
    Firestorm
    already, even before season 2 aired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Enjoyed the episode more than I thought I would, I wasn't really a fan of Captain Cold until this episode. They wrote him pretty well this time.

Loved the nod to Suicide Squad with the Head Bombs.

Really liked Cisco and Golden Gliders love in.

Also I didn't pick up on it last week but 52 portals is the number of Universes in the DCU, so I'm guessing we are going to see more than Earth 2 citizens.

Enjoyed the episode more than I thought I would, I wasn't really a fan of Captain Cold until this episode. They wrote him pretty well this time.

Loved the nod to Suicide Squad with the Head Bombs.

Really liked Cisco and Golden Gliders love in.

Also I didn't pick up on it last week but 52 portals is the number of Universes in the DCU, so I'm guessing we are going to see more than Earth 2 citizens.

If they were smart, in DC, but we know that they are not they would have the movies universe taking place in one of these 52

If they were smart, in DC, but we know that they are not they would have the movies universe taking place in one of these 52

Who says they don't?

• Advertisement

Who says they don't?

The suits have said they are not at all related

Just because the tv & films worlds are being kept separate, doesn't mean the shows can't throw in the odd mention/reference..

That's exactly what I mean. Would explain the TV earth not having Bats and Supes but having Flash, Arrow, Hawkgirl, Hal Jordan etc

And how we have two Barry Allen's.

The suits have said they are not at all related

Geoff Johns said of the films months ago "we're going for a multiverse". Meaning they're gonna be kept completely separate, sure, but they've acknowledged that they exist in a shared multiverse with a possibility for a wink and nod down the line (probably no crossovers though).

First look at
    Killer Frost

Image is linked so it can't be spoiled
    https://i.imgur.com/l19FDss.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

First look at

Image is linked so it can't be spoiled

Your linked article says exactly who you've spoiler tagged

Your linked article says exactly who you've spoiler tagged

Oops my bad. Removed the link to article

Eh.

Couldn't watch this most recent episode. Cannot stand Captain Cold and Goldilocks or whatever her name is. That whole storyline is irritating. Wentworth Miller is up there with the hammiest actors out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Couldn't watch this most recent episode. Cannot stand Captain Cold and Goldilocks or whatever her name is. That whole storyline is irritating. Wentworth Miller is up there with the hammiest actors out there.

I actually thought Miller was alot better in the most recent episode and without his hot headed partner in crime he didn't seem half as hammy.

Obviously setting his storyline up for what's coming in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Regarding the spoiler and pic linked above
    she looks really great as a baddie too. Wonder how long before Killer Frost debuts?

I quite enjoy the "Goldilocks" and Cisco interplay. He brings out the good in her. She kinda reminds me of Selina Kyle/Catwoman.

Advertisement