Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I think Zoom, could quiet possibly be
    Earth 2 Barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I think Zoom, could quiet possibly be
    Earth 2 Barry

Or maybe....

Are you ready to have youre mind blown.....
    Earth 2 Barry's Dad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Or maybe....

Are you ready to have youre mind blown.....
    Earth 2 Barry's Dad

Pssh, I posited this theory pages ago!

Pssh, I posited this theory pages ago!

Couldn't have lol

Couldn't have lol

;)
    Yep.

Other interesting choices would be
    Earth-2 versions of Barry's dad or Joe. Eddie Thawne is the most likely though, cos they probably won't go with Eobard again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Interesting development of Garrick's character, seems to be not very confident and a fair bit off Barry's level. Strange given Garrick was the one who taught Barry a new trick upon arrival (the lightning).

First episode where I just felt there was something off about him. He's holding back.

As for Weĺls, great to have him back as an even bigger dick. Mind you I could do with this Wells having no skeletons in his closet. Not interested in more sinister motives from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Interesting development of Garrick's character, seems to be not very confident and a fair bit off Barry's level. Strange given Garrick was the one who taught Barry a new trick upon arrival (the lightning).

Makes perfect sense though - because the original Wells / reverse is what guided Barry's development as the flash. Garrick hasn't had the intense training, scientific backing or the constant push to "get faster". He's had to figure out how to use his powers (and being slower) and deal with the obviously very different metas in world 2 on his own.

Barry's never had much chance to play with his powers and figure out what he can do with them. It's always been a rush to run faster.

I have to say though, I really like Zooms suit. I though Garrick was going to look rubbish but they nailed his Flash suit as well. I think they both look better than Barry's with Reverses coming in last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I have to say though, I really like Zooms suit. I though Garrick was going to look rubbish but they nailed his Flash suit as well. I think they both look better than Barry's with Reverses coming in last.

Ah now, Barrys is miles better than Garricks, which is literally a red leather jacket and an upside-down tin bowl with wings. Zooms is awesome though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Man I actually think Reverse-Flash's was the best out of all of them. Haven't gotten a good enough look at Zoom's yet. Garrick's is awful though. Obviously it matches with his comic counterpart, but doesn't exactly look too superheroey.

reverse-flash.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Also, great episode this week. Fantastic to have Wells back in the fold, and great to have him be able to be an arsehole to the rest of them without being a villian. Gives the team a dynamic it needs to avoid becoming boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I think it is safe to say at this stage that pretty much anybody we know from Barry's life in Earth 1 is going to have some counterpart from Earth 2. By the way they are introducing the likes of Dr. Light/Linda Park they must be gonna work through, to more prominent, closer-to-Barry characters like
    Caitlin/Killer Frost
    later in the season. This makes me think there may well be a good chance of speculations here on Zoom's ID possibly being right.

Oh and also they missed a great chance for some retina/Iris eye related word play in this episode.

I likey

FLA206A_0322b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Oooh Zoom's suit looks cool, the black flash..

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Mr E wrote: »
    Earth 2 Harrison Wells is a dick (at least we found out why at the end) :o

Think he's class! Much prefer his more angry tone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

After the jokey tone of the first half, I had a feeling that the second half would be pretty serious (and I wasn't disappointed).

Zoom is a seriously bad guy.

http://giant.gfycat.com/UnfoldedSlipperyIntermediateegret.gif

Mod Edit: 52mb (!) gif changed to link. That's a massive chunk of mobile data for people on phones. Please don't do that again.

Also Flash fans fear not, here's a spoiler for next weeks episode :D

6X1IlFx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Great episode and Zoom is such a badass, much better than Reverse Flash. Loved that on Earth 2 Robert Queen survived and became the Arrow while Oliver died and Well's daughter's nickname is Jessie Quick who is a speedster in the comics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I got a Bane/Knightfall vibe off this episode. Loved it.

Zoom is more than a worthy follow up to the RF. A genuinely unsettling and intimidating character which is hard to achieve these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

To be honest, I'm more surprised that Linda didn't realise Barry was the Flash earlier in the episode when they were in STAR labs with everyone from Barry's life with Barry nowhere to be found but instead there's a guy with the same height, build, eyes and mouth of a guy she briefly dated. What are the odds The Flash knows all the exact same people as Barry and meets at the place Barry spends a lot of his free time?

Hearing the crack from Barry's back was bad. They introduced Zoom to this universe really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW that is all I can say unreal episode scary as hell in certain elements zoom such a badass beginning to think it's earth 2s father of Barry looking at his build and all think a nice little easter egg on the mcqueens with they're version of what happened the Queens gambit all and all started out slow but made up for it big time (could halkman heal barrys situation been a kind of God and all that just a question)

Holy flaming Moses bush! That was a good episode.
    Zoom with the lightning bolt was more like Zeus. He's one seriously creepy bad guy.

What the heck is the deal with his (Zoom's) lower face? It looks like something off the cover of an old Slayer album. Is it part of his mask or is it meant to be his flesh or what?

Another thought I wonder about; who would win in a one on one between this Professor Zoom and current Arrow baddie <Arrow related>
    Damian Darhk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Darhk is just a man. Zoom is a meta. There would be no contest. Similar to Oliver versus Barry. A speedster can snap your neck/punch through your chest before you can even blink. The only reason the arrow didnt get crushed immediately when they fought is because of script/ego reasons. It makes no logical sense for it to even be a close fight....only plot reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Well.. Zoom is a legit bad man, Barry couldn't touch him.

That trick with the lightening was very cool too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭somuj

Kirby wrote: »
    Darhk is just a man. Zoom is a meta. There would be no contest. Similar to Oliver versus Barry. A speedster can snap your neck/punch through your chest before you can even blink. The only reason the arrow didnt get crushed immediately when they fought is because of script/ego reasons. It makes no logical sense for it to even be a close fight....only plot reasons.

Nonsense.

Darhk's mystical abilities allow him to control matter. I believe zoom to be made from matter.

Dont know enough about Darhk's abilities yet. Quite possible he can repel anything coming at him at any speed.

Speculation tho as we dont know enough yet.

somuj wrote: »
    Nonsense.

Darhk's mystical abilities allow him to control matter. I believe zoom to be made from matter.

Dont know enough about Darhk's abilities yet. Quite possible he can repel anything coming at him at any speed.

Speculation tho as we dont know enough yet.

Power inconsistencies come into play here. In reality, any speedster would be able to kill everyone in the room in the space of one person's blink. For the purpose of fight scenes, they significantly limit that speed to a nonsensical degree. But if they didn't, the show would be pretty boring any time the Flash fought any non-speedster.

Great episode, as others have said. One thing that was a little disappointing was Barry's paralysis below the waist. It's just a little easy. He'll faff about in Wells 1.0's old wheelchair and they'll do a parallel with that, and by the end of the next episode (the one after, at a push), he'll be back on his feet. What would have been much more interesting is having Barry go totally PTSD over the whole thing and flee Central City entirely, only to be chased around the globe by Zoom's disciples and eventually lured back to Central City, maybe after learning some lessons in confidence, to save Patty Spivot from Zoom.

#sendmeacheque

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

that doesnt seem like a suit on zoom, its looks very organic, is it that the dark matter turned some guy into zoom or what, cause thats certainly not a suit, kinda reminds of carnage or venom from spiderman,

brilliant episode though, the sound of zoom breaking barrys back was horrible, i thought that **** would take zooms power, but obviously it was just to slow him down, otherwise barry wouldnt be still healing,

seems a bit OTT to cripple barry really, its just not something wed be worried about, it would have been better to kill or cripple someone he knew, something that would really affect him in the long run,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I love Patti

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    I love Patti

Yeah, she's super sweet! :)

Advertisement