Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

When is this back on sky lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Patti. 😢

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Patti. 😢

Maybe Barry and her could meet up somewhere between Central City and Midway City. Like Halfway City. Or Equidistant City. Or maybe even Intermediate City.

Penn wrote: »
    Maybe Barry and her could meet up somewhere between Central City and Midway City. Like Halfway City. Or Equidistant City. Or maybe even Intermediate City.

Sometimes I wish DC just used real place names...

Sometimes I wish DC just used real place names...

Aye. Coast City, Star City, Central City... Even the biggest city is called Metropolis. And the smallest town; Smallville!

Gotham City is a pretty good name but it's a bit on the nose too given how Batman is all about the night.

Could be worse though. Could have the Justice League of Biglandia :D

Anyway, great episode I thought. Great way to bring Reverse Flash back for an episode without undoing the season 1 finale. And I have to give much deserved credit to the writers throughout. So much happens in each episode that even on typical Enemy of the Week episodes, so much happens in each episode with surprisingly little fluff. I regularly find myself checking how long is left in an episode only to find its only halfway through, where I thought it was nearing the end of the episode. Flash puns aside, the show and story is always very well paced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    His Earth 1 doppelganger is
    Hunter Zolomon
    who in the comics, well Google is your friend.

Ah, right. That is pretty rubbish so.

Either they have given it away to anyone who would look the name up - or they have used the name for no good purpose. Either way, that is stupid, imo.

Ah, right. That is pretty rubbish so.

Either they have given it away to anyone who would look the name up - or they have used the name for no good purpose. Either way, that is stupid, imo.

I disagree. I mean, anyone who googled Cisco or Caitlyn's names would have seen that they were likely to become Vibe & Killer Frost. Same with Wally West.

All they've done here is
    reveal a connection to Zoom, not outright confirm he's Zoom. There might be more twists coming.

I disagree. I mean, anyone who googled Cisco or Caitlyn's names would have seen that they were likely to become Vibe & Killer Frost. Same with Wally West.

All they've done here is
    reveal a connection to Zoom, not outright confirm he's Zoom. There might be more twists coming.

Indeed. Also,
    Zoloman is from Earth 1 and I'm pretty sure they've explicitly said Zoom is from Earth2....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If someone spoils the Earth 1 Jay Garrick, i'll cut them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Jay and Wells referring to their own home as "Earth 2" is just ridiculously bad writing. You would claim your own earth as the real one. They would at least refer to it as "my earth" and not Earth 2.

So, so dumb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Kirby wrote: »
    Jay and Wells referring to their own home as "Earth 2" is just ridiculously bad writing. You would claim your own earth as the real one. They would at least refer to it as "my earth" and not Earth 2.

So, so dumb.

Wells said something to Cisco along the lines of "You know, this Earth is my Earth 2".

Besides, they're guests here, they have to deal with our nomenclature. :p

So, so dumb.

I disagree. While that would certainly be true when they first arrived, I'm certain that at this point, they'd both be referring to their own Earth as Earth 2 for a shorthand to avoid confusion. As scientists, I'm sure they'd be more interested in using a constant than massaging their own egos.

I disagree. While that would certainly be true when they first arrived, I'm certain that at this point, they'd both be referring to their own Earth as Earth 2 for a shorthand to avoid confusion. As scientists, I'm sure they'd be more interested in using a constant than massaging their own egos.

Except they both have giant ego's! Have you seen Jay's flash costume? :P Canon or not, its flashy as hell.

Except they both have giant ego's! Have you seen Jay's flash costume? :P Canon or not, its flashy as hell.

All true but I don't believe after several months either of them would be petulantly refusing to use the term "Earth 2" as a shorthand to avoid confusion.

All true but I don't believe after several months either of them would be petulantly refusing to use the term "Earth 2" as a shorthand to avoid confusion.

Sounds reasonable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Good episode this week - an annoying vilain of the week, which is somewhat par for the course with Flash but some nice Wells moments, and Zoom as menacing as ever.

Looking forward to next week; GO TEAM FLASH!

So, so dumb.

"You understand for me, my Earth is Earth 1?"

:P Wells said this to barry in the last episode. Made me laugh. At least they are recognising it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,899 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Another solid episode, mostly for the Wells bits as Mitch says above.

Next week.. Field Trip!! :D

Yeah as with Season 1, Tom Cavanagh is playing an absolute blinder. Almost consistently the best character/actor on the show.

Good episode too. Villain of the week was weak, but tends to be the case in episodes where the focus is more on the characters than the story. They fairly glossed over Wally's mother dying too. Took me a while to realise she was even dead, thought she was still in the hospital. But Wells/Barry and Zoom's appearance more than made up for those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Tom Cavanagh arguably the best actor in the show. I think it's what makes the show interesting whether he's the mentor, villain or even father figure to the Flash. More excited about Earth-2 next week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

They fairly glossed over Wally's mother dying too. Took me a while to realise she was even dead, thought she was still in the hospital.

Yeah, Iris just casually mentions that Francine died. Out nowhere. They just visited with her in the hospital last episode.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

5star02707 wrote: »
    Tom Cavanagh arguably the best actor in the show.
    His deadpan "That's annoying" when Barry speed read was great.

ixoy wrote: »
    His deadpan "That's annoying" when Barry speed read was great.
    tossing the grenade to Cisco was a great bit in the episode too - for Cisco's pointed response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

I'm convinced now that Zoom is
    Earth 2 Joe

Either that or they're using the same actor to voice Zoom to throw us off.

Average-Ro wrote: »
    I'm convinced now that Zoom is
    Earth 2 Joe

Either that or they're using the same actor to voice Zoom to throw us off.

Did his voice change in the last episode? Its been Tony Todd (Candyman) doing his voice all season, unless they changed it up in the last episode and I didn't notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Had no idea! Sounds very similar to the character I think it is.

You would know that tony todd voice anywhere. It's so distinctive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

God, that was great fun - absolutely fantastic episode. I'm still smiling. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

When is this back on Sky1?

Advertisement