Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Enjoyable episode, thought Tom Cavanagh was doing his best Christian Bale Batman impression starting off but again - this is my guilty pleasure. I'm sure we all spotted the hat tip to Supergirl which is coming down the pipes as has been mentioned here before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

The thing that annoys me about the multiple earth's is that they make such a big deal about how everyone has a doppleganger when that is not possible considering the different lives so many have.

For instance wells daughter on earth 2 when he didnt have one on earth one. I know its a comic book show and you have to switch your brain off but sometimes its hard

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I total agree. I think it been a flaw this season that Zoom hasn't been the focus. It been side stuff and setting up Legends. Even this esp I don't get a sense of them rushing to find Zoom. Cisco spending time looking for his Earth 2 double and Barry playing happy family time with Iris and getting mad at Wells for telling him to focus on the mission when they only got 48 hours to do it all in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

That. was. AWESOME!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,899 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ah that was an outstanding episode - some great alternate lives,
    and the phone call between Barry and his Mom was very touching :) Poor alt Joe though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"Who was the man in the iron mask" just reminds me of Hills of Donegal. At first I was reminded of Doom, then remembered it's DC. Could it be another Justice Society member?

Floyd was channeling his inner George McFly.

And Barry set off Iris'a meta watch but didn't set off everyone else's at Jitterbugs and Cisco didn't set it off? Think they need new ones.

Some nice easter eggs when going through the tunnel
    Supergirl
    John Wesley Shipp's Flash
    Green Diggle?
    Legion of Superheroes
    Jonah Hex

Guess the last 2 will be in Legends

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    "Who was the man in the iron mask" just reminds me of Hills of Donegal. At first I was reminded of Doom, then remembered it's DC. Could it be another Justice Society member?

Floyd was channeling his inner George McFly.

And Barry set off Iris'a meta watch but didn't set off everyone else's at Jitterbugs and Cisco didn't set it off? Think they need new ones.

Some nice easter eggs when going through the tunnel
    Supergirl
    John Wesley Shipp's Flash
    Green Diggle?
    Legion of Superheroes
    Jonah Hex

Guess the last 2 will be in Legends

The Arrow Easter Egg was Conor Hawke, Oliver's son in the comics

phone names were
    Bruce
    Hal
    Diana

Under the parents and Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Nice appearance by Mr Diggle at the end doing his best morse code on the window possibly not Mr Diggle but one can't help but wonder was that him in the other cell still reakon zoom is barrys aule lad he's been way too quiet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Extended trailer for the next few episodes. Spoilers, obvs. :)
    Looks amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mr E wrote: »
    Looks amazing.

9 remaining episodes of Season 2 are going to be great

Also
    Barry in the pipeline and ''gone rogue''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Looks amazing.

So tempted to watch that, but must resist urge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very good episode this week. It was always going to be tough to top last week, and they didn't quite get there.

Love the ending though.

I wonder if the man in the iron mask is the real Jay? He was also in one of those glass cases so he was definitely a speedster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

must watch the episode back to back again!

Very good episode this week. It was always going to be tough to top last week, and they didn't quite get there.

Love the ending though.

I wonder if the man in the iron mask is the real Jay? He was also in one of those glass cases so he was definitely a speedster.

Way preferred this weeks episode myself, very enjoyable watch & the ending was very good

I'm fairly certain the man in the mask is Jay, just a case of figuring out who Jay without his speed is :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

So the man in the iron mask is Jay and "our" Jay is actually Earth 2 Hunter Zolomon ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

D'Agger wrote: »
    Way preferred this weeks episode myself, very enjoyable watch & the ending was very good

I'm fairly certain the man in the mask is Jay, just a case of figuring out who Jay without his speed is :confused:

If someone is impersonating the real Jay, they still have to be a speedster as they could teach Barry how to throw lightning and in the previous episode he speed-punched his hat to create shockwaves to hit Geomancer. Only a speedster would know how to do those.

Penn wrote: »
    If someone is impersonating the real Jay, they still have to be a speedster as they could teach Barry how to throw lightning and in the previous episode he speed-punched his hat to create shockwaves to hit Geomancer. Only a speedster would know how to do those.
    Well....fúck, that's me out of ideas then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Could earth 2s reverse flash be Jay Garrick and the guy in the mask be the real earth 2 flash? If that makes sense

D'Agger wrote: »
    Well....fúck, that's me out of ideas then

Oh I'm not saying you're wrong, just that whoever is impersonating him must have been a speedster too. Either that or however he made himself look like Jay meant he gained the knowledge of how to use his abilities too, even if he doesn't actually have those abilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I actually much preferred this to last week. Well I really enjoyed both but still.

I'm not a comic reader so a lot of the easter eggs meant nothing much to me. Plus it's kinda odd that Barry just slipped into Barry 2's life totally screwing over B2. He kissed his wife and essentially got Joseph killed. Thought he could have had a glimpse at the life he could have in another way. Anyway that's last week's conversation and just an unusual nit pick from me.

I thought the man in the mask was John Diggle 2 at the end of last week but it's surely Jay? So who's the Jay that got plucked by Zoom?

I think the Flash is actually my favourite show at the moment. It's great fun for 40 minutes and the story actually moves on quickly most weeks. Miles ahead of Arrow for about 12 months now, for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I thought the man in the mask was John Diggle 2 at the end of last week but it's surely Jay? So who's the Jay that got plucked by Zoom?

What if Zoom is Diggle 2 and the man in the mask was Andy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Could be Jay Garrick 3...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

I think the man in the mask might actually be the Wally West (kid flash) - the cage is a speedster one, probably looking to get help from Jay ?

I looked a few times and the hands of the man in the cage seem pretty dark

Barry-2: Wait, he got frisky with you? I'm going to have to give this guy a piece of my mind...
    Harrison: Well, don't give him too much...

I f*cking love Wells :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

was.deevey wrote: »
    I think the man in the mask might actually be the Wally West (kid flash) - the cage is a speedster one, probably looking to get help from Jay ?

I looked a few times and the hands of the man in the cage seem pretty dark

The man in the mask was white and blond. There were shots from behind him where you could see his neck and hair. Pretty sure he was wearing gloves.

So either Zoom has, in the last couple of episodes, plucked Hunter Zolomon from Earth One and imprisoned him in an iron mask in the glass cage

or

There are somehow 2 Jay Garricks on top of Hunter Zolomon

or

The man in the mask, while referring to Jay Garrick, is not a Jay Garrick from any Earth and is in fact Earth 2's
    Eddie Thawne

or

The man in the mask is in fact Earth 2's
    Eddie Thawne

or

Eobard Thawne
    (least likely, I reckon).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Despite what people may say about these comic book shows, Flash have totally cracked the formula & pacing of a 40 min tv series down to a fine art....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

The man in the mask was white and blond. There were shots from behind him where you could see his neck and hair. Pretty sure he was wearing gloves.

So either Zoom has, in the last couple of episodes, plucked Hunter Zolomon from Earth One and imprisoned him in an iron mask in the glass cage

or

There are somehow 2 Jay Garricks on top of Hunter Zolomon

or

The man in the mask, while referring to Jay Garrick, is not a Jay Garrick from any Earth and is in fact Earth 2's
    Eddie Thawne

or

Eddie Thawne

or

Eobard Thawne
    (least likely, I reckon).

Your first two guesses are probably right, didn't think about him at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

So the man in the iron mask is Jay and "our" Jay is actually Earth 2 Hunter Zolomon ?

Is hunter zolomon not supposed to be zoom????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

the-flash-why-the-real-jay-garrick-is-the-man-in-the-iron-mask-846171.jpg

Hands look pretty dark to me, and one of the shots from behind looked like black hair.

Although, this may just be a suspense trick, using different actors to keep us guessing ;)

Advertisement