Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

It's Earth3 Iris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

What about Earth 1's Jay Garrick?
    Perhaps Zoom thought he could of been Earth 1's flash seen as though he is Earth 2's flash?

crazyderk wrote: »
    What about Earth 1's Jay Garrick?
    Perhaps Zoom thought he could of been Earth 1's flash seen as though he is Earth 2's flash?

We've seen Hunter Zolomon from E1 (unless E1 Jay is a twin)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Of course everyone else on Earth 2 has the exact same name as their Earth 1 counterpart except Jay? He has a different name completely which would imply at least one different parent, yet he looks the same. Though he could have changed his name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Of course everyone else on Earth 2 has the exact same name as their Earth 1 counterpart except Jay? He has a different name completely which would imply at least one different parent, yet he looks the same. Though he could have changed his name.
    Didn't they explain that E1 Jay was called Hunter Zoloman because he was adopted, or similar.

They obviously set that scene up to make yuo think the man in Iron Mask is Jay Garrick but for that to be the case it needs a 3rd Jay Garrick - or the E2 one we have seen is E2 Eobard Thawne - that would be too on the nose though, too similar a story line to season 1, imo.

If he is naming himself as Jay Garrick - why? Is it known Jay Garrick is the Flash on E2? Would Jessie know this? Could he expect Barry to know it? He seemed VERY upset when Barry said Jay wasn't with him.

An odd scene. Looking forward to finding out the answer in many episodes time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I reckon it could be Eobard for some reason, maybe even the original one seeing as Zoom likes collecting speedsters to steal their speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

It could be the Real Jay Garrick

I.E the current one to a impostor, which is why his E1 counter part is Zolomon. Although in saying that Wells has dealt with Jay previously.

All im sure of is that its another Speeder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

reckon it could be Eobard for some reason

Good point. Didn't we see him pop up a few episodes ago at the end as RF, looking pretty distraught not knowing where he was ? (and we had no idea which earth he was in!)

was.deevey wrote: »
    Good point. Didn't we see him pop up a few episodes ago at the end as RF, looking pretty distraught not knowing where he was ? (and we had no idea which earth he was in!)
    That was E1, he met up with Barry and co before they sent him on his way.

Zoom could have traveled through time to capture him though.
    It's actually quite an intriguing plot point, so many possibilities as to who it might be.

Of it's really Jay from E2 and the "sick" one we see is a speed clone or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think its fairly obvious that its Jay. The Jay we know is an imposter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Kirby wrote: »
    I think its fairly obvious that its Jay. The Jay we know is an imposter.

Why though?

Why impersonate Jay Garrick - a person none of them had met and likely never would meet. There is no reason to impersonate Jay Garrick.

regardless of the sense behind it, it would need to be Eobard Thawn disguising himself for it to make sense - but even then it wouldn't tally with the future world of E1. In season 1 it was shown Thawn had to kill Wells to steal his identity, so if the same held true for E2 (and there isn't much of a reason it should, I'll admit) then we would still be in a situation where we have one more Jay Garrick than we can explain.

I'm also not sure why Jay (if it is him) would spell out Jay. There shouldn't be an assumption that Barry Allen would know who Jay is - though Jessie might. Whoever is in the mask, is a bit of a moron to be honest - he's finally able to communicate with someone and he decides on a vague statement that doesn't explain anything or help anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

Why is it only wells and Barry are the only 2 with the same jobs on earth both earths ,scientist and CSI guy??? Joe's not a cop his daughter not a reporter etc..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The bit that (for me) throws a monkey wrench in the theory that the guy in the mask is Jay and the Jay we know is an imposter or Earth 2s Hunter Solomon is how Earth 2s Wells know Jay and never suggested he wasn't the man we know.

You gotta think in someway that the Zoloman reveal from earlier in the season will play into it in someway though. For instance masked man = Earth 1 Jay and Zoom = Earth 2 Hunter Zoloman.

Jay and Hunter are twins who were separated at birth and Zoom (E2 Zoloman) captured what he thought was his E1 doppelgänger (but was actually E1 Jay) so as to cover up his identity when the link between the two worlds opened up. He placed him like Barry in a speedster containing cell incase he like E2 Jay & Zoom was also a speedster.

A bit out there but I think it all fits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Why though?

Why impersonate Jay Garrick - a person none of them had met and likely never would meet. There is no reason to impersonate Jay Garrick.

Yes there is. To get access to the speedforce. And he cant just impersonate anybody....the only way they will help him be a speedster is if he claims he already was one. So that limits the possibilities of who to impersonate right there.

And to get close to barry, Caitlin and the rest in order to become a speedster, you would need to impersonate somebody they would know of but not know well enough to catch him in a lie. Who better than Earth 2's flash? Wells is the only one who kind of knew him but not well enough to rumble the lie.

And he has been caught lying already. First he said his speed was stolen by Zoom. Then when Caitlin found that wasn't true, he said he had abused velocity 6 and was too embarrassed to tell. That's a big lie. And he has been cozying up to the one person who can make him a speedster...and hes finally getting what he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok, i haven't read the few comments above, but i've captured a few snippets and names, specifically people mentioning who Zoom is/could be. I'm hoping that because there are no spoiler tags in most of the above posts that ye are discussing theories, and nothing from the comic book world....... I don't want to know who Zoom is until it's revealed (and if it has already, i've missed it).

Remember people, we're discussing the tv show. A lot like me have never even read a Flash comic, so if there are any theories which are built on the comics, please spoiler them with the tag "Comic Book Spoiler". This show is too good to be ruined by someone either deliberately or inadvertently spoiling the TV SHOW for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Ok, i haven't read the few comments above, but i've captured a few snippets and names, specifically people mentioning who Zoom is/could be. I'm hoping that because there are no spoiler tags in most of the above posts that ye are discussing theories, and nothing from the comic book world....... I don't want to know who Zoom is until it's revealed (and if it has already, i've missed it).

Remember people, we're discussing the tv show. A lot like me have never even read a Flash comic, so if there are any theories which are built on the comics, please spoiler them with the tag "Comic Book Spoiler". This show is too good to be ruined by someone either deliberately or inadvertently spoiling the TV SHOW for me.

Probably best avoiding the thread tbh...

Best will in the world, it's always gonna happen

The thread title does say spoilers to be fair...

But yes it's speculation at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Probably best avoiding the thread tbh...

But I shouldn't have to. This is for discussion of the TV Series, and while i know it's based on a comic book, a lot of people will have no idea the backgrounds to all of the characters. I completely understand why the comic book readers would like to discuss their views based on comic book knowledge, I would want to too. But there's a forum for comics, this is the forum for tv. Looking for someone to use spoiler tags complete with "CBS" (comic book spoilers) isn't much to ask. Game of Thrones has separate threads for book readers and non-book readers. I know the Flash doesn't deserve it's own forum, but the non-comic readers can't be expected to read spoilers if they wish to discuss a show they like.
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    The thread title does say spoilers to be fair...

Yeah, for the tv show, not the comics.

Best will in the world, it's always gonna happen

I completely understand, and my posts are not aimed at anyone in particular (even the ones i've quoted), and i know it will happen, but that's why i wanted to put in a reminder (as i've said this before in this thread). I just want people to remember that a lot of us have no clue as to the identity of Zoom. We can speculate, but speculation won't ruin the outcome, whereas a spoiler from the comic book universe might.

That's all, enough off-topic, bring on Tuesday!

• Advertisement

Yeah, for the tv show, not the comics

Not quite sure I understand your point.

From what I can gather reading this, any comic book references are usually to give a bit of background into a new character that may not have been explained on the show - Who Jay Garrick is, Wally West etc

There's no one in here trying to spoil the tv show using comic book knowledge.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I speculated who Zoom is a few posts back but I've never read the comic books. Don't think anyone else who has posted recent speculation has done so based off Comic book spoilers either from reading them but who knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I have read the comics and I agree with PM. The problem with speculation as with other shows based on books, such as Game of Thrones, is there will always be the people who claim to have not read the books and post their "guesses" which make it obvious they have read the books or at least used google.

But I do suggest any references to the comics be put in spoiler tags. Same for casting or even character details. For example, Saying how Caitlin Snow is Killer Frost is a potential spoiler for non comic readers, before she appeared on Earth 2.

The latest case would be now (Comic spoiler)
    how people are talking about Hunter Zolomon being involved because he's Zoom in the comics despite only appearing briefly onscreen in a non speaking capacity.

I agree with all the above but a lot of the apparent easter eggs seem to be there just to generate cross media discussion.

Maybe a sister thread in super heroes forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I agree with all the above but a lot of the apparent easter eggs seem to be there just to generate cross media discussion.

I just generally assume that obvious comic-based hints are red herrings designed to throw us all off.

Penn wrote: »
    I just generally assume that obvious comic-based hints are red herrings designed to throw us all off.

I do too, in general, but they are placed to generate conversation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Feel free!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just finished watching, and all I'll say is OH BOY.

And the show is on hiatus til March 22nd..

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I put spoilers tag on just in case, but ending of most recent esp:
    At the end we see Zoom go back to earth 2 with a dead Jay in his hands at the prison and the man in the mask still in the prison. Zoom takes off his mask to revel he is Jay. I assume his Jay from a different earth and somehow zoom can go through different earth's and the guy in the mask is also Jay from a different earth. It feels like a bit like wells story line again. We killed him but his back but his different. See how it plays out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Twins, which would explain how we have 4 of them.

First time in the show ive felt that its all a bit silly.

Advertisement