Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I forgive him this time, but the whole plan just seem messy from the start. Glad to see they didn't re-write anything major, Pied Piper being good is a minor thing really. I do feel my enjoyment has been spoiled by the supergirl crossover where clearly another esp away from getting to that point.

Unfortunatly the crossover was conceived after the start of both series and due to be 2 different channels and breaks and such they did a bad job in lining them up. If someone has not seen it yet I would say do not watch untill after the April 19 episode.
    After watching the promo for that I can't wait but I feel it will be either explained at the start or close to the begining of the episode given that Zoom is in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So the first time Barry time travelled was when he ran faster than before. And now he wants to run faster than ever. So why wouldn't he time travel every time he tries?

As for getting rid of Caitlin, what ever happened with her and Barry? Did they just decide to be friends or was that when Ronnie or Linda came into the picture?
    Speaking of, where is Linda? Now she's got Doctor Light's gear and knows Barry is the Flash, she could help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,219 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So the first time Barry time travelled was when he ran faster than before. And now he wants to run faster than ever. So why wouldn't he time travel every time he tries?

My guess would be that when he previously time travelled he was not in control of his speed and went faster than expected, thus the time travel. Now, he's learning to control it, and maybe the tacyon device will help him control it better?! But i could be reading into it too much...

My guess would be that when he previously time travelled he was not in control of his speed and went faster than expected, thus the time travel. Now, he's learning to control it, and maybe the tacyon device will help him control it better?! But i could be reading into it too much...

I also think the frequencies in which the different earths are set to have something to do with it also. Its not just the speed but the phasing to be able to pass into those universes

This isn't a Supergirl thread, would like to not have that spoiled please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Oh my ribs!!!
    That Stock, Aiken, Waterman "torture" method Cisco used on Hartley when he was interrogating him was hilarious..... :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,899 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

duridian wrote: »
    Oh my ribs!!!
    That Stock, Aiken, Waterman "torture" method Cisco used on Hartley when he was interrogating him was hilarious..... :-D

Just for you... :p

... although as someone who still misses the 80s I always kinda liked that song! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Excellent episode and great cliffhanger - looks like the final few episodes of the season will be great, if that's anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Considering I didn't think the show was back until next week it was a very good surprise and episode :)

Just wondering how is zoom alive if he killed the younger version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just wondering how is zoom alive if he killed the younger version

The other version killed was a time remnant, think back to Season 1, Wells/Eobard was wiped from existence due to Eddie shooting himself, but the Eobard that showed up in that episode (2x11) hadn't yet gone back in time and murdered Barry's mother, so the events at the start of Season 1 hadn't happened yet, if that makes sense, feck that hurt my head thinking about it..

I'm sure someone can give a simplified explanation :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The bigger question is...

Who the f*ck is in the mask?!

(although another question is how did Zoom bring Wally to his lair in Earth 2 without Cisco opening a breach?)

Penn wrote: »

(although another question is how did Zoom bring Wally to his lair in Earth 2 without Cisco opening a breach?)

He did I am guessing the breach they opened up to get Zoom there originally

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I assume its going to be Jay Garrick..we just have yet to see who Jay Garrick really is. We were fed this story the whole time to throw is off the scent but Hunter Zolomon has been "Jay" and Zoom the whole time to us. So there is a Jay Garrick out there somewhere for Zoom to use that name for the good speedster..would explain why the person actually used tap code and said Jay Garrick...we assumed it was a reference to who is Jay/Zoom but it seems now its more straight forward..the guy in the mask simply is "Jay Garrick".

I think though Jay Garrick is going to turn out to be James Zolomon, Hunters father in the episode. But somehow his name is James Garrick, Jay being short for James and hes probably a version from the past or a different timeline. Being a soldier and from an earlier time would suggest why he knows tap code, he also had the hat similar to jays and his clothes/uniform looked similar. Not sure how they tie it in but im pretty sure thats going to be the reveal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,219 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Earth 2 Wally West? I don't read the comics, but i've seen enough to know that some Wally West is supposed to be something...

Great episode. I thought they were dealing with Zoom a bit too early in that episode. Something that i noticed, [Supergirl]
    After Barry got back at the start of the episode, he then went on to say that he needed Cisco to Vibe a portal open, saying it's the only way. But didn't he just travel to Supergirls Earth, and back. So there was another way, also evidenced by Zoom when he managed to go back to Earth 2 with Wally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just checked again and the portal closed after Zoom came through so no idea how he got back and forth.

Felt the thing with the Supergirl crossover was pretty stupid as well. Barry asking how long he was gone and that was it. No follow up. No telling Cisco about Supergirl and all. Didn't even argue with Wells when he said they can't open a breach, even though Barry had done just that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just checked again and the portal closed after Zoom came through so no idea how he got back and forth.

Felt the thing with the Supergirl crossover was pretty stupid as well. Barry asking how long he was gone and that was it. No follow up. No telling Cisco about Supergirl and all. Didn't even argue with Wells when he said they can't open a breach, even though Barry had done just that.

IIRC the portals didn't remain open constantly at any point in the show, they only became visible when they were being traveled through.

It could be once Cisco created the portal, it remains in place - so once Zoom knows where it is he can use it whenever he wants to. They would have to actively shut it down (with the bomb things) to actually close it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I love The Flash, particularly how unapologetic it is in tone and how the actors make it work.

But christ, Barry just giving up his power in the trust that Zoloman, a mass murdering psychopath, would be true to his word was just mind numbingly dumb.

I was expecting some big swerve at the end but nope, Barry really was just that dumb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I love The Flash, particularly how unapologetic it is in tone and how the actors make it work.

But christ, Barry just giving up his power in the trust that Zoloman, a mass murdering psychopath, would be true to his word was just mind numbingly dumb.

I was expecting some big swerve at the end but nope, Barry really was just that dumb.

They have a plan. They always have a sneaky plan. Well they better have a plan or series 3 is going to be called the snail

crazyderk wrote: »
    They have a plan. They always have a sneaky plan. Well they better have a plan or series 3 is going to be called the snail

good few episodes left in this season - he'll be back as the flash soon enough. Hell, he could use velocity 9 - you don't need to a speedster for that.

• Advertisement

This isn't even the first time we have seen Barry lose his speed - it will be back in no time. Hopefully they will finally change the intro though.."I am Barry Allen..and I am most definitely not..the fastest man alive.."...he is already still saying it all season when he hasnt stopped going on about how Zoom is so much faster than him. :D

crazyderk wrote: »

I'm guessing that with the tachyon stuff making him 4 times faster he was able to siphon off enough of his speed to satiate Zoom while still keeping the speed force in his system, then pretended to be out of speed to trick Zoom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

kinda stupid saying all he has to do is be faster than zoom to beat him, and he gets faster and still looses apparently, obviously there is a plan though,

id say its hunters dad in the mask alright, id say he went back in time and kidnapped his father, tortured him for years and kept that mask on him, then send him back to his time so that he would go home after the war and kill his mother, kind of a self fulfilling prophecy,

don ramo wrote: »
    kinda stupid saying all he has to do is be faster than zoom to beat him, and he gets faster and still looses apparently, obviously there is a plan though,

id say its hunters dad in the mask alright, id say he went back in time and kidnapped his father, tortured him for years and kept that mask on him, then send him back to his time so that he would go home after the war and kill his mother, kind of a self fulfilling prophecy,

thats a good shout actually - the code he was using was identified as a PoW communication code, and if IIRC his dad was speaking about coming back from a war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36 the sword

Quick question, if Wells knew Hunter was a serial killer surely he knew him and Jay were the same person or am I missing something here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

the sword wrote: »
    Quick question, if Wells knew Hunter was a serial killer surely he knew him and Jay were the same person or am I missing something here?

my thoughts were there was no Flash in that earth before Zoom, Since Hunter and Zoom were just 1 person, Flash only appeared after Zoom got his powers so he pretended to be Flash at the same time to "give false hope to people" and crush them at the same time.

In fairness the pics Wells had of Zolomon were all long hair and huge beard. Being clean shaven and dressing/acting like a hero as Jay/Flash was probably enough that Wells simply didn't make the connection. While he would have seen Zolomon on the news a few times, he wouldn't have had any interaction with him as Zolomon.

It was the name Hunter Zolomon that made Wells realise the connection, not Jay's physical appearance.

good few episodes left in this season - he'll be back as the flash soon enough.

Arrow related - not really a spoiler more an observation from an aired episode but you have been warned..
    Well for anyone who watches Arrow in the flash forward scene a few episodes back where Oliver and Barry are at the graveyard Barry speeds off at the end so he wont be too long without them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36 the sword

In an earlier episode, Jay shows up at a media day when Wells is promoting new technology and is in full view of hundreds of people so they would have had a good look at his face. And when Wells hears the name Hunter Zolomon he automatically knows he is a serial murderer so presumably he would know what Hunter Zolomon would have looked like. I know the long hair and beard is there but Wells is a genius no? Good episode all the same!

• Advertisement

In an earlier episode, Jay shows up at a media day when Wells is promoting new technology and is in full view of hundreds of people so they would have had a good look at his face. And when Wells hears the name Hunter Zolomon he automatically knows he is a serial murderer so presumably he would know what Hunter Zolomon would have looked like. I know the long hair and beard is there but Wells is a genius no? Good episode all the same!

Photo of bearded Zolomon
    Flash-Hunter-Zolomon-Mugshot-Murderer.jpg

Photo of Flash Garrick
    the-flash-season-2-jay-garrick.jpg?itok=VPZKvVBi

I don't think it's implausible that between how different they look and also how he acts (who'd suspect The Flash is a serial killer even if there was some resemblance) that Wells simply would have shrugged it off even if he did think he looked similar.

Advertisement