Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

yeah have to agree the show is going through a sticky period. I preferred it before they revealed Zoom. They have now made him a crazy boyfriend to Caitlin. I know comic-nook villains tend to have some crazy motivations but I have no idea what is motivating him now. Also Iris and her half-brother serve no purpose in the plot but are taking up too much air-time. Arrow may be very bad now but Flash is getting worse too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭johnruns

The last few Earth 2 episodes have just become irratating and boring hopefully they wiil end the Earth 2 crap soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,899 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just watching this week's episode.. they really need to move past the whole "Barry is insecure about his abilities" thing, wrap up the Earth 2 stuff, and basically move the story on at this stage.

2 Caitlyns was kinda cool (no pun intended! :p) though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Aye, Zoom has lost his mystique and the fear factor, which was always a strong point of season 2.

Barry being depowered once again is also just tedious at this stage, and it's obvious that another particle accelerator is going to effect Wally as well and maybe even possibly Wells's daughter.

I don't think Earth 2 is the problem, they've just made bad decisions. Only 3 episodes left so at least it will wrapped up soon and they can go back to the drawing board.

Another issue I have is that while I love the fact this show embraces exactly what it is, sometimes it's good not to make a situation utterly nerdy. Cisco for example going on about how he's afraid of what he might become.....and makes an Anakin Skywalker reference.

The CW factor in both this show and LOT is starting to become noticeably annoying as well with their cheap family drama resolved in one episode (hello Wells and his daughter) and god awful romance plots (hello Ray and Hawkgirl). It looks like Barry and Iris will become a thing as well which is just.....no, bring back Patty. :P But seriously, I don't mind Barry and Iris being together if they just get on with it, but I just know they'll turn it into a another will they won't they that takes up far too much time.

Flash and Gotham have had polar opposite seasons which is something I never thought I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Regarding Killer Frost & Caitlin, I'm hoping it's a case of one down, one to go. She's a terrible actress who adds nothing to the show and there's no real point to her character any more after Zoom is gotten rid of, and with Jessie stepping into her shoes quite comfortably, I'm hoping Caitlin dies at the end of the season and Jessie takes over her role.

It was an alright episode, mostly due to Tom Cavanagh's performance. Would have much preferred if Barry had been helping Cisco use his powers to defeat the villian, given that they know what Reverb was capable of. They were acting like because Barry was depowered, they had no other options, completely ignoring Cisco's powers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Worth noting for anyone who watched Arrow that the shows are out of sequence at the moment so
    Barry had his speed back in that show already or had not lost it yet

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Aye, Zoom has lost his mystique and the fear factor, which was always a strong point of season 2.
    Agree here. At least this episode seems to be giving Zoom something to do now rather than just chasing Barry around.
    Best mystery for me is wondering who is in the mask.
    Barry being depowered once again is also just tedious at this stage, and it's obvious that another particle accelerator is going to effect Wally as well and maybe even possibly Wells's daughter.
    It was mentioned elsewhere that the Flash is a little over-powered. He doesn't just run fast, but has fantastic punches, can phase through material, and even go back in frickin' time. So they have to bring him down a bit before he goes to the finale.. I think this time though it was very ham-fisted because Barry's decision was just stupid.
    The CW factor in both this show and LOT is starting to become noticeably annoying as well with their cheap family drama resolved in one episode
    Ah, it's always been there on the network (with Supernatural avoiding it alone due to its tiny cast). Even in the first seasons of the show - Iris mooning over Barry in S1 was more irritating than any romance sub plot this season IMO. I do agree though they should stop dragging the damn thing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I did enjoy Zooms speech about conquering Earth2 and now hes going to attempt to do the same in Earth 1. He does seem a bit delusional as he controls nothing but his cave hideaway and just terrorises people. Perhaps the shown needs a more ambitious criminal like Lex Luthor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Well those last couple of minutes were pretty awesome...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yep def an interesting last few minutes and a good episode overall. Kevin Smith episode is next iirc

also one small line in the episode and the spoilers US pace in the thread title means I can now say that my new Iron Mask (well same name but new image of a man) guess is...

john-wesley-shipp-jay-garrick.jpg?w=675&h=822

or something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What the f**k did I just see? Wow. :eek:

At least Wally and Jesse should have their speed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Ending got me like :O :O :O :O
    3 episodes left, great episode again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

holy fricking shnitzelburger!

Unfounded personal speculation:
    I'm HOPING that it is Barry has become one with the Speed Force or something like that and will return as a better faster stronger flash in the last ep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

[snip]

Mod:
    Use spoiler tags please! No comic book spoilers please!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Eh....so I guess I feel I need to ask? Um is Barry, you know...like...
    gone/dead/kablamo
    ? :o

Now that would be a plot twist!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

GodlessM wrote: »
    [mod snip] use spoiler tags

I would scream with excitement if 90s Flash was re introduced

I think it makes sense. Just as Jay was Barry's predeccesor in the comics, so is John Wesley Shipping to Grant Gustin. The multi verse they have created has made this possible. And of all the other images we saw when Barry went to Earth 2, be that Super Girl, Connor Hawks, Jonah Hex, whatever, they all happened so far except that shot of JWS Flash. It wouldn't be the first time such speculation has happened either,as many thought it no accident that the original Trickster, Mark Hamill, was the older Trickster this time around.

Out of curiosity, given that I was only 2 at the time, was Shipps Flash Barry Allen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Out of curiosity, given that I was only 2 at the time, was Shipps Flash Barry Allen?

Looks like it, yeah.

http://epguides.com/Flash/

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

W.T.F :eek:, Didn't see that coming...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

What? WHAT?!!

I was tuning out a little at the end as Barry prepared to get his powers back, crying once more because his dad was there (his default state) because I knew that Barry was just going to get his powers back. Y'know, hurry it along.

I was very wrong and that was a genuine shock twist.

My OH is catching up on this show (halfway through this season) and he's going to be fortunate because he won't have to wait a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Going by what's been happening on Arrow killing off a couple characters due to the movies coming out, it wouldn't surprise me if this death is permanent due to the Flash movie coming out. But I know it won't be. Be kind of funny if it was the case to see the reactions they would get

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Going by what's been happening on Arrow killing off a couple characters due to the movies coming out, it wouldn't surprise me if this death is permanent due to the Flash movie coming out. But I know it won't be. Be kind of funny if it was the case to see the reactions they would get

Flash movie not untill 2017 plus we also a) know Barry shows up at Lauriels grave and
    b) fights earth 2 laurel in the next 1 or 2 episodes

It looks like next week will be their version of Flashpoint, so I can't see it being permanent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Easily the best hour of TV I've ever seen. It is interesting to see how much comic stuff they pulled from all in one go. I reckon next week will be their version of Flashpoint. Kind like the nod to Barry being the lightning bolt too. I know it would probably be a rush, but would love to see Jesse Quick and Kid Flash for the finale, citing that they need more than one speedster to beat Zoom. Unlikely, but would be cool.

Honestly though,biggest thing for me here was John Wesley Shipp. I feel it is becoming obvious that on Earth 2 he is not Henry Allen but the real Jay Garrick who is also the Flash from the 90s, perhaps time traveled forward, and is the Man in the Iron Mask. Would be a really need nod too to how Jay came before Barry.

Saw a few ep in a row, as some of it was hard to watch, will they wont they:mad: Bring back Patty (im name biased;))

But they certainly shoved a lot in that ep, to make up for what became & thankfully Iris didn't get affected with powers, would be unbearable :(

What lies ahead for Wally & Jessie? Who's in the Iron Mask could be the clue in that Garrick was an old family name?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Saw a few ep in a row, as some of it was hard to watch, will they wont they:mad: Bring back Patty (im name biased;))

But they certainly shoved a lot in that ep, to make up for what became & thankfully Iris didn't get affected with powers, would be unbearable :(

What lies ahead for Wally & Jessie? Who's in the Iron Mask could be the clue in that Garrick was an old family name?

I loved Cisco in the episode

Get the wand
    The wand I made for the Weather Wizard
    No the one you made for the Harry Potter convention. Yes that wand
    How do you know about the convention.

I know that Wally and Jessie become speedsters in the comics but I think it be cool if 1 of them got some other power. 3 speedsters would seem over powered unless Barry is going. Given they say Garrick is on his mother side is a big clue in who is the Man in the Iron Mask (looks like its not Leanardo DiCaprio). But given it is his mother siide it can't be his Dad can it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I would scream with excitement if 90s Flash was re introduced

The thing is, i can't see them not doing it eventually. They have the multiverse, the 52, and we've seen that the 90's flash show is on one of those earths. They own the property and have access to the actor...i really don't think they have it in them to pass up on uniting the JWS Barry Allen and the GG Barry Allen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought Barry's dad said it was his mother's maiden name and not Barry's mother. I'm sure Barry would've realized his mother's maiden name was the same as Jay's before now, but less likely with his grandmother's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Eh....so I guess I feel I need to ask? Um is Barry, you know...like...
    gone/dead/kablamo
    ? :o

Now that would be a plot twist!!

Wouldn't say so, the popular thinking seems to be that Barry
    is in the speed force right now

That ending anyway, have to give credit to Grant Gustin and Jesse L Martin for their performance, they really are the heart and soul of the show. A show of your man playing Wally taking over as Flash appeals in no way to me, though Jesse Wells as a speedsterhas potential.

One thing that confused me was Zoom's anger at the reenactment of the particle accelerator and his rush to the location. Once he got there he gave the impression that he knew it would kill Barry, so was he actually rushing to try and save him?

Mr E wrote: »
    At least Wally and Jesse should have their speed now.

meh
    But great episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I loved Cisco in the episode

Get the wand
    The wand I made for the Weather Wizard
    No the one you made for the Harry Potter convention. Yes that wand
    How do you know about the convention.

I know that Wally and Jessie become speedsters in the comics but I think it be cool if 1 of them got some other power. 3 speedsters would seem over powered unless Barry is going. Given they say Garrick is on his mother side is a big clue in who is the Man in the Iron Mask (looks like its not Leanardo DiCaprio). But given it is his mother siide it can't be his Dad can it

Yeah that was funny as Cisco's always good for a laff & i'd imagine one of the few safe characters?

That's interesting on Wally & Jessie, as i haven't read the comics, is it hereditary if affected like Jessie becomes a speedster & wally becomes something else?

The CW has revealed that Barry is instead trapped in some sort of alternate dimension, one which many believe could be the Speed Force. How he's going to get out of there (and what will become of Wally and Jess after being blasted by the explosion) isn't addressed in the images below, but see what clues you can figure out by going through them. Those scenes by the grave definitely seem to take place in the real world. Or not! We'll find out soon.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/the_flash/barry-allen-is-trapped-within-the-speed-force-in-new-images-from-kevin-a141270
    [/QUOTE

I suppose all will be revealed in last ep titled Man in the iron mask

Advertisement