Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Yeah even if Wally and Jesse get their powers, doesn't mean they will be speedsters necessarily. They could give them different powers and make them the TV versions of other known heroes as a balancing act. It would be no different to when Sara Lance was the Black Canary.

GodlessM wrote: »
    Yeah even if Wally and Jesse get their powers, doesn't mean they will be speedsters necessarily. They could give them different powers and make them the TV versions of other known heroes as a balancing act. It would be no different to when Sara Lance was the Black Canary.

Wally West being a speed lover and a very well known Flash and Jessie QUICK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

They'll be speedsters alright, and I assume they'll help take Zoom down. Which is kinda disappointing, as that will be two seasons in a row where Barry has has to rely on the assitance of other metas/heroes to take down a rogue.

Interesting that the last ep is called the man in the iron mask, which means it could even be possibly 4 speedsters against Zoom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ben Gadot wrote: »

Interesting that the last ep is called the man in the iron mask, which means it could even be possibly 4 speedsters against Zoom.

The finale is actually called The Race of His Life, they must have changed the title recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

I think I've had the identity of the man in the iron mask spoiled for me. I was reading a brief synopsis of the final episode (which has since been removed, probably for containing such a major spoiler) and they just came right out and said it. If it's true, I'm baffled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Where was the sypnosis from? Just so I know to avoid in future if they're that dim. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Where was the sypnosis from? Just so I know to avoid in future if they're that dim. :pac:
    I use an app to track the schedule of my favourite shows. I'm not entirely sure where it pulls the synopsis from, but I do know that it connects to trakt.tv, so maybe it came from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Can we keep comic book spoilers out please???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mod:
    No comic book spoilers please - use spoiler tags...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Great episode, pretty cool how the speedforce was shown as
    memories of Barry's past, his acceptance of his mother's death, also the scenes with Barry and his mother
    right in the feels

Also
    Iris being the proverbial lightning rod to bring Barry back home
    so to speak.

Tom Cavanagh has a great twist and realization right at the start of the episode of
    where exactly Barry is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Any other iZombie fans in here? The whole Tony/Drake iZombie gag was amazing [the actor who plays Tony plays Drake on iZombie, which airs (or at least did until its season finale last month) in the timeslot after The Flash on The CW] and when Cisco actually said the name of the show I almost lost it - brilliant.

Really loved this episode, moved the story forward and set up the endgame for this season, and great to have a Jason Mewes cameo in a Kevin Smith directed episode, that was a really nice touch without overdoing it. Not to mention if you didn't shed a tear over
    Barry and his Mom re-citing The Runaway Dinosaur,
    you have no soul!

I think they've really developed Iris' character really well this season, as she was probably my least favourite character in Season 1 but she's gone up a couple of spots in my rankings this season, and Candice Patton definitely seems to be having a lot more fun in the role, which was especially noticeable when she was playing Earth 2 Iris, but this episode was another standout performance for her.

Would be good to see Kevin Smith back to direct a couple of episodes in Season 3, he did a good job with this episode and seemingly dragged the very best about out of the cast, because they came across as a very cohesive unit, which hasn't always been the case.

EDIT: Apparently they've already asked him back to direct an episode of Season 3, as the cast & crew liked his directorial style... http://www.designntrend.com/articles/75646/20160509/the-flash-carlos-valdes-on-kevin-smith-directorial-season-2-episode-he-killed-it.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Did I see
    Hawkgirl/Hawkman
    in the trailer for next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I liked the ending but felt there was too much comedy in this esp. It's hard to juggle some many story-lines in one esp and having such a jokey tone and then cut back to sadder moments I just don't think it gel well. I mean the whole scene with Jay saying it's his mom's car, was that suppose to be funny? it just seem a waste of time. I have the say the effects looked really good until with go that end shot of the Earth 2 bad guys, Jesus what a bunch of geeks. This wired thing where Earth 2 people have this retro 50's vibe just made look like the cast of west side story had come over to start a fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

That was nice of the speedforce to give him a new suit after the old one was nearly burnt up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I liked the ending but felt there was too much comedy in this esp. It's hard to juggle some many story-lines in one esp and having such a jokey tone and then cut back to sadder moments I just don't think it gel well. I mean the whole scene with Jay saying it's his mom's car, was that suppose to be funny? it just seem a waste of time. I have the say the effects looked really good until with go that end shot of the Earth 2 bad guys, Jesus what a bunch of geeks. This wired thing where Earth 2 people have this retro 50's vibe just made look like the cast of west side story had come over to start a fight.

I've only just caught up with series and first thing I have to say that I do feel the writing this season is weaker than season one, this seems to be a lot more comic booky with Zoom having elaborate and ambiguous goals purely for the sake of it. Not a massive complaint, it is a comic book show after all but I've been disappointed with Jay/Zoom as a villain.

The Earth-2 stuff also wasn't great particularly the episode where they go over, I know it got praise here but I found the episode with Barry playing happy families with Earth-2's dopplegangers to be incredibly frustrating.

I agree with the above, the humour felt out of place. Barry is either dead or trapped somewhere and Iris and Cisco are cracking wise with each other. The whole zombie thing was just filler and it felt like that.

All that said, I really like the show and it's definitely a highlight of my week. Very excited about the finale but also dreading it, having been able to catch up on this over the past 3 months via Sky Go has been great and having to wait all summer for the next season isn't that appealing a notion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm no medical expert, but I'm pretty sure if you find 2 people who have both been affected by the same thing and one is awake while the other is in a coma, then you don't send the seemingly healthy one home without doing some tests to ensure they are healthy and to see if they can explain the coma.

Great episode which should lead into a pretty fast moving (pardon the pun) final episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm no medical expert, but I'm pretty sure if you find 2 people who have both been affected by the same thing and one is awake while the other is in a coma, then you don't send the seemingly healthy one home without doing some tests to ensure they are healthy and to see if they can explain the coma.

Great episode which should lead into a pretty fast moving (pardon the pun) final episodes

Joe "dropped" the mug, what more could they possibly have done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭hotshots85

CastorTroy wrote: »

I think general treatment when anything happens is "go home Wally!". No matter what's going on- get Wally out of here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Great episode, maybe bar the lackluster Zoom Squad ending. Zombie-Girder was a bit cheap too but I can see why they went with it. Bring back an existing enemy without having to go too deep into that enemy's story, powers or motivations. Would have detracted focus away from Barry's story.

I don't know how they keep making me get goosebumps when they say "Run, Barry. Run." It gets me every damn time even when I know it's coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Thought it was a fairly disappointing ep to be honest, especially after the high of the ending last week. The resolution was weak - could have done a lot more with talking to the speed force, important questions just left hanging out there unasked or unanswered.

Also, feels like they are setting up Iris for death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Monotype wrote: »
    That was nice of the speedforce to give him a new suit after the old one was nearly burnt up.

It seems that despite his suit getting nuked two weeks ago Barry is not The Flasher.

fingers-crossed-gif-823.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I have the say the effects looked really good until with go that end shot of the Earth 2 bad guys, Jesus what a bunch of geeks. This wired thing where Earth 2 people have this retro 50's vibe just made look like the cast of west side story had come over to start a fight.

Wait until Earth 2 hits the disco era and you'll wish they still had the American Graffiti look.

Also, was Zoom confirming that Caitlin has/is latent powers/meta? Surely that is the only way she "wouldn't be here" when he returned from talking smack to the cast of Happy Days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thought it was a fairly disappointing ep to be honest, especially after the high of the ending last week. The resolution was weak - could have done a lot more with talking to the speed force, important questions just left hanging out there unasked or unanswered.

I have a feeling the talking to the speed force will be done more often now going forward.

Overall it was a good episode, I think the zombie girder was a brilliant idea.... Wells sets off the particle accelerator again and has unforseen circumstances (Wally and his daughter getting hit and a dead meta in the same building coming back to life). To me it just shows that even tho wells was told numerous times it was dangerous but he ignored it and endangered his own daughter so we could see earth 2 wells staying on earth 1 and becoming a better person to help the flash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Penn wrote: »
    fingers-crossed-gif-823.gif

i would just find it really irritating that just as he accepts his mothers death, it would be replaced with Iris.

I think it would work better for Caitlin to die, and Iris to be there for Barry. You still have the pain and loss, but you also have something to bring Barry back. It could also serve as a good touch point to kick off Cisco down a darker path (towards Vibe) - doesn't have to become a main villain, but you could have an arc based on the possibility.

Though Iris dying could serve as a good starting point for a Barry vs Wally feud.

But, they have loved up Iris something awful in the last couple of episodes (and it did kinda come out of nowhere in the previous ep - she had JUST been talking about going out with the editor fella and how she needed to make her own choices...) it feels like a sword dangling over her head (which reminds of the unrelated puzzle in Tomb Raider)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If someone was to die it would make sense if it was Caitlyn for me also as she hasn't really been missed much while she was gone and Jessie quick-ly replaced her and could continue to do so at Star labs going forward.

I liked the episode but yeah kinda wish they coulda spent a bit more money on the baddies at the end and made em look a bit better, guessing not many of them will become key characters later just a sucky army for the non Barry members of team flash to take on while he fights Zoom.

If someone was to die it would make sense if it was Caitlyn for me also as she hasn't really been missed much while she was gone and Jessie quick-ly replaced her and could continue to do so at Star labs going forward.

I liked the episode but yeah kinda wish they coulda spent a bit more money on the baddies at the end and made em look a bit better, guessing not many of them will become key characters later just a sucky army for the non Barry members of team flash to take on while he fights Zoom.

I imagine they'll all just be in the background until Barry beats Zoom, then they'll just scarper. Someone said in a previous episode that there's probably a ton of metahumans who are afraid of the Flash so don't use their powers for evil, but would do if the Flash was gone. If Flash beats Zoom, they'll go back into hiding again.

Penn wrote: »
    I imagine they'll all just be in the background until Barry beats Zoom, then they'll just scarper. Someone said in a previous episode that there's probably a ton of metahumans who are afraid of the Flash so don't use their powers for evil, but would do if the Flash was gone. If Flash beats Zoom, they'll go back into hiding again.

That'd make sense actually Barry vs Zoom while Zooms army tear apart the city or more likely attack Star labs but when Barry defeats Zoom they all scram and then 1 by 1 they could be baddie of the week villans next season in between whatever they go with as the main arch of the season.

I don't think Wally will get speed force although Jessie might but it'll be some variation on it and not flat out Female Flash imo as I think they will want to keep Barry special as the main good guy speedster. I've seen people posture... probably not a comic spoiler but I dunno where they got the idea from... that
    Barry will perhaps be able to transfer his speed force to her. Could def see then use that to defeat some Villlan i.e distract them with Barry and then BAM surprise speedster to the rescue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭hotshots85

That'd make sense actually Barry vs Zoom while Zooms army tear apart the city or more likely attack Star labs but when Barry defeats Zoom they all scram and then 1 by 1 they could be baddie of the week villans next season in between whatever they go with as the main arch of the season.

I don't think Wally will get speed force although Jessie might but it'll be some variation on it and not flat out Female Flash imo as I think they will want to keep Barry special as the main good guy speedster. I've seen people posture... probably not a comic spoiler but I dunno where they got the idea from... that
    Barry will perhaps be able to transfer his speed force to her. Could def see then use that to defeat some Villlan i.e distract them with Barry and then BAM surprise speedster to the rescue!

I think it's been too he heavily sign posted that Wally will get speed, in the last episode of the one before that he was talking to Joe about not being able to just build fast cars and wanting to Help people and make a difference and Joe came out with something like " until you find something that can put together your love of going fast and helping people there's nothing you can do"

• Advertisement

hotshots85 wrote: »
    I think it's been too he heavily sign posted that Wally will get speed, in the last episode of the one before that he was talking to Joe about not being able to just build fast cars and wanting to Help people and make a difference and Joe came out with something like " until you find something that can put together your love of going fast and helping people there's nothing you can do"

I think he will get powers and they will probably be speed related but I doubt he will be made into The Flash 2.0. I am sure the writers of the show will be wary of having too many speedsters on the show at the same time and diluting the importance of Barry's titular character.

I'm not sure how they could do it with Wally so that in the same way as the muted Jessie power spoilered above could give her a speed related power but not create another Flash but im sure the writers could come up with something good like he could have super quick reflexes which then combined with his driving skills from before could make him go fast and help people. *As said im sure the writers can think of something better or maybe his speed force will just stay dorment until something awakens it much further down the line who knows.

Advertisement