Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

...but im sure the writers could come up with something good like he could have super quick reflexes which then combined with his driving skills from before could make him go fast and help people. *As said im sure the writers can think of something better or maybe his speed force will just stay dorment until something awakens it much further down the line who knows.

But they'd really need to have some kind of super duper vehicle as well in that case, wouldn't they?

Certainly nothing we have in the way of land vehicles would be useful.

A Bugatti Veyron pushed to the limit could get him to ~430 km/h which is meh in the world of The Flash.

If we take a more extreme example of the fastest, actual, existent land vehicle, and say they were to somehow bung Wally into the ThrustSSC.
    Ignoring all the incredible impracticality (such as size of that car, fuel consumption, ability to only drive in a straight line etc., etc.) that gets him up to about 1,220 km/h which is still meh in terms of The Flash type of speed.
    Even if Wally was just one-twentienth as fast as Barry, he'd be much better off (and faster) just running.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Which is why I emphasized that the writers would be able to come up with something better re: a speed related power but that the main thing is that I'd imagine they would avoid having another Flash style speedster so as to not dilute Barry's titular characters importance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Which is why I emphasized that the writers would be able to come up with something better re: a speed related power but that the main thing is that I'd imagine they would avoid having another Flash style speedster so as to not dilute Barry's titular characters importance.

Probably someone else faster than him but he'll still proclaim himself as the faster man alive at the start regardless.

(I suppose it'll be factually true if Jesse turns out to be the faster speedster)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

A couple of episodes ago I could have swore they were setting Joe up for a death.

Henry sticking around is also interesting, which means either he's possibly for the chop or they need a medical replacement for when Caitlyn goes down/becomes KF.

Don't think Iris is going anywhere and I expect a Patti return next season to throw a spanner in the works. CW gonna CW like with the romance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    A couple of episodes ago I could have swore they were setting Joe up for a death.

Henry sticking around is also interesting, which means either he's possibly for the chop or they need a medical replacement for when Caitlyn goes down/becomes KF.

Don't think Iris is going anywhere and I expect a Patti return next season to throw a spanner in the works. CW gonna CW like with the romance.
    I reckon Henry could be the man in the iron mask (though called something else - Henry Garrick or Jay Garrick) and they are keeping him around at the moment so that the reveal has a bit more bite to it.

• Advertisement

But remember when E2 Barry was talking to Nora on the phone, she said that her and Henry were going to Atlantis on a trip.

No idea how they're going to wrap it all up next week anywho.

But remember when E2 Barry was talking to Nora on the phone, she said that her and Henry were going to Atlantis on a trip.

No idea how they're going to wrap it all up next week anywho.
    There are two Eps left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,647 ✭✭✭squonk

This meta human thing is becoming annoying if everyone bar Joe apparently is going to develope powers. The worst is Caitlin & Sisko. I don't see why earth 1 c&s couldn't just remain as the brains of the Flash operation and it's not a stretch to imagine that Earth 2 C&S would be different but if they're all going to become fully-fledged heroes or villains in their own right on Earth 1 then I think that's pretty much a jump the shark moment for me. Really at that stage you have to start waiting for meta dogs and cats to start terrorising Central City. I hope the writers maintain a sense of perspective.

Earth 2 is pretty much the Flash's Holodeck where they can play with characters and their drives and motivations. I think they should continue to look at things that way and leave the main characters as they were originally set up. They've already introduced Sisko's stupid 'look into the future or anywhere else an out is needed for a plot point' power and I think they should leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Another great episode, with a truly unforeseen twist, season finale next week is gonna be interesting, to see how it's all gonna tie up in a satisfying finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great episode, but poor Barry. :(

I think the finale is going to be fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Feck :(

I was all set to burst in posting this funny from Joe: "This is where I play stupid and you explain science" but wow that end!

Another great episode though. It's seriously a brilliant show, with great characters and great heart. Finale next week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

That line from Joe was funny, it all looked to be happy family, then BOOM, nope..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

Na, the funniest line was Barry's dad to doctor magee. Hi I don't believe we've met

Thought we were going to find out who the man in the iron mask is. Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I must have a thing for villains, but to me Black Siren looked way hotter than Black Canary, even though they are the same woman. :o

Feel bad for Barry with that closing scene, but suspected it was imminent from the moment they said the party was to celebrate him coming back for good. That sort of thing always turns out to be a
    death warrant.

I am also very suss of Caitlin, whom I suspect is powered in some manner. I don't know what Zoom did to her, but the previous episode to me implied that Zoom knows what her power is, and at this stage probably has prepped her for use against Team Flash further down the line in the season finale.
    She is clearly showing signs of this as well, in the way she is having panic-stricken apparitions of Zoom.

My reasoning? Zoom said to a handcuffed Caitlin, that if she wasn't here when he returned, he would then treat her the same as everybody else, i.e., no mercy. If Caitlin hasn't powers, how could not still being there when he returned even be an option? I know there is the possibility that he meant if she was still somehow communicating with Team Flash and they came to rescue her. But I think this possibility is less likely, because Barry at the time was inside the speedforce, and Zoom thought him dead. Who else would even stand a chance of success in such an effort at rescue? (Unless of course Kara was to pop over from her universe for a return visit. ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

duridian wrote: »
    I must have a thing for villains, but to me Black Siren looked way hotter than Black Canary, even though they are the same woman. :o

Feel bad for Barry with that closing scene, but suspected it was imminent from the moment they said the party was to celebrate him coming back for good. That sort of thing always turns out to be a
    death warrant.

I am also very suss of Caitlin, whom I suspect is powered in some manner. I don't know what Zoom did to her, but the previous episode to me implied that Zoom knows what her power is, and at this stage probably has prepped her for use against Team Flash further down the line in the season finale.
    She is clearly showing signs of this as well, in the way she is having panic-stricken apparitions of Zoom.

My reasoning? Zoom said to a handcuffed Caitlin, that if she wasn't here when he returned, he would then treat her the same as everybody else, i.e., no mercy. If Caitlin hasn't powers, how could not still being there when he returned even be an option? I know there is the possibility that he meant if she was still somehow communicating with Team Flash and they came to rescue her. But I think this possibility is less likely, because Barry at the time was inside the speedforce, and Zoom thought him dead. Who else would even stand a chance of success in such an effort at rescue? (Unless of course Kara was to pop over from her universe for a return visit. ;) )

She was not handcuffed he let her out and she has no powers otherwise Harry's watch would be going off around her.

Was said it would not be until the final

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I really liked the opener but thought the esp went down hill from there. The line about Laurel Lance was odd "We don't know her, we Loved her" or something like that. Didn't they only meet her once?

But the ending made up for it, I know people will say they saw it coming but it didn't bother me heart in my mouth stuff.

I was thinking Man in the mask was his dad, but when they went to earth 2 didn't Barry call his Da?

Feck :(

I was all set to burst in posting this funny from Joe: "This is where I play stupid and you explain science" but wow that end!

Another great episode though. It's seriously a brilliant show, with great characters and great heart. Finale next week now.

I thought the line to Wells I am glad someone else doesn't know what is is and wells then explaining it was funny. I love how all Wells lines are in a deadpan manner

I really liked the opener but thought the esp went down hill from there. The line about Laurel Lance was odd "We don't know her, we Loved her" or something like that. Didn't they only meet her once?

But the ending made up for it, I know people will say they saw it coming but it didn't bother me heart in my mouth stuff.

I was thinking Man in the mask was his dad, but when they went to earth 2 didn't Barry call his Da?

A few times they have met plus didn't Laurel say the Cisco was 1 of her best friends when she gave Sara here Whit Canary outfit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I think it's implied there does be more communication and meetups between the Flash and Arrow groups than what we see on the screen.

Other than that, good episode. Looking forward to the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I still think it may be Barry's dad from Earth-1. We saw Zoom do the exact same move on himself from the future/past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I'm really starting to dislike wally he's becoming an annoying teenage character that all superheros shows seem to have

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah I think it's implied there does be more communication and meetups between the Flash and Arrow groups than what we see on the screen.

Other than that, good episode. Looking forward to the finale.

Making assumptions on a narrative? Never. ;) That line wasn't earned, plain and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

She was not handcuffed he let her out and she has no powers otherwise Harry's watch would be going off around her.

Did Harry's watch go off when Cisco was getting vibes as well?
    seems familiar that Kaitlin is now going thru the same thing?

Maybe it's too early for Jesse & Wally's powers coming & maybe a feature in next season? & how did Barry bring Jesse back, did he change in the 'speed force?

Unexpected ending, but i figured someone was gonna go as it was going too well!
    & considering what happened, will Barry go dark on Zoom?

Making assumptions on a narrative? Never. ;) That line wasn't earned, plain and simple.

Not an assumption. There's constant references to getting tips/advice/equipment/general help & info off both sets of teams.

Plus I'm pretty sure Laurel and Cisco's mothers had the same name :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Penn wrote: »
    Not an assumption. There's constant references to getting tips/advice/equipment/general help & info off both sets of teams.

Plus I'm pretty sure Laurel and Cisco's mothers had the same name :P

Martha?

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Martha?

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Gona be interesting to see how they wrap it up - thought two episodes ago they'd finally hit their stride towards a strong finish but what I've seen since has been a bit ragged tbh, call me mad but I don't get people calling it another great episode. This season has been very hit and miss - some absolutely brilliant episodes but still some absolute dross there too imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,647 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah I thought this latest episode was actually quite boring and a bit of a slog to get through. Apart from Earth 2 Laurel looking far hotter than dead Earth 1 Laurel, there wasn't really much to go with. I wish Zoom would go away already. The whole thing is boring. I thought this was the finale but it'll be interesting to see what they pull out of the bag next week.

Advertisement