Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

She was not handcuffed he let her out ...

My bad. I watched it again and more closely. In that scene Caitlin is sitting with her hands together and she has a watch on her left hand which gives off a metallic glint of light earlier in the scene before she rotates her hand showing the watch face more plainly.
    Between the situation she was in, the relative position of her hands, and the metallic glint, I hope you can see why I thought she was handcuffed.
    ...and she has no powers otherwise Harry's watch would be going off around her.
    Regardless, I still suspect Caitlin of being powered in some way. Harry's watch isn't indicating Jesse or Wally either, but I think it's a given that at least one of them, if not both, is soon headed for speedsterville. Harry's protective earphones didn't protect Jesse from the wave intended to disable the Earth-2 criminals, so his tech is not infallible in all cases.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

sky88 wrote: »
    I'm really starting to dislike wally he's becoming an annoying teenage character that all superheros shows seem to have

completely agree and Barry really annoyed me with how he spoke about him, saying he's Joes son and determined so can't be stopped nor does Barry seem all that bothered even though Wally is clearly being incredibly stupid and is likely (if this show was realistic) to get himself killed acting the way he is. Wally was the 1 big thing I disliked about this episode

Comic book fans would sh!t their collective pants but I wouldn't mind if there was a scene where Wally tried to take on Zoom after some silly speech about how everyone has to do their part in the fight to save the city only for Zoom to kill him in seconds and then laugh at Wally's idiocy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With Supergirl getting a lower budget at CW and after seeing the quality of CGI used for the doctor when she was falling, I can see Hank in Supergirl being kept in his human form a lot. Or maybe they just blew the budget on the King Shark and Grodd episodes.

Hope when they have the super crossover that Cisco and all ask Barry why he didn't tell them about Supergirl before.

Wonder if the crossover will be their attempt at a (major DC comics event)
    Crisis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wonder if the crossover will be their attempt at a (major DC comics event)
    Crisis

It'll kinda have to be, I reckon.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Based on this episode then, the Barry scene we saw in 'Arrow' took place before Barry lost his speed. So it wasn't actually a spoiler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Tom Cavanagh explains why Grant Gustin should have been considered for The Flash movie.
    http://comicbook.com/2016/05/19/tom-cavanagh-explains-why-grant-gustin-should-have-been-consider/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Tom Cavanagh explains why Grant Gustin should have been considered for The Flash movie.
    http://comicbook.com/2016/05/19/tom-cavanagh-explains-why-grant-gustin-should-have-been-consider/
    I have a feeling had Geoff Johns gotten power sooner than this week over the DCEU there would have been at least a serious discussion.

Grant is the star for me of what CW have done and I was disappointed that he wasn't even considered. From what I saw in BvS and from Miller's comments, that fear only became deeper.

Gustin would have no problem going toe to toe with Affleck and Cavill. In fact, I think his Flash would have been the perfect foil to their characters.

Missed opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The man in the iron mask kinda looks black, his hands at least. Could be wally. Big outsider bet for me would be Eobard Thawne as we seen him earlier this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The only legitimate reason that I would have found acceptable for not giving Grant Gustin at least a chance of being the film version of Flash would be if he wouldn't have been available for filming the TV show.

With the way 22-episode TV shows in the US film, having to take time out to film 2 Justice League movies back to back would have meant he couldn't do both.

And were that to be the case, I'd prefer him to stay with the TV show. But, it looks like he was never even considered which is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's probably better because unless the movie and tv series were linked then it would probably cause confusion among the wider audience how Barry in the movies is very different to the tv series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Grant Gustin definitely should've been considered for the films and I'm sure would've been fantastic, but in a way I'm glad the TV Universe and Film Universe are separate from one another, because with the exception of Suicide Squad and possibly the solo Batman outing, I think the Film Series is going to be beyond disappointing, whereas the 4 TV Shows are enjoyable and although none are perfect, the characters are given time to grow and develop and when they get it right, they really get it right - if the film series was connected, it'd be to the detriment of the Arrow-verse shows, so better to have them separate. When The Flash series finishes up (hopefully a good few years down the line) Grant Gustin will have no problem breaking into Hollywood or moving on to a lead in another TV show.

Well he already has a foot in the door in regards to Hollywood, he's part of the cast for William H. Macy's film Krystal..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Wren2893

I agree with everyone else. It was a huge mistake to discount Gustin because of Synder's vision. Artistic vision is a good reason to stick to your guns when you're creating a universe from scratch but these are characters that people already have an investment in, both in TV and comics. It was very disrespectful since the DC TV universe is much more consistent than the movies.

It would actually make more sense if the The Flash TV show creators were the ones to reject any crossover potential. They've managed to create a show that's both successful and pretty faithful to the comics, comparatively speaking. The DCEU would have been lucky for them to lend their actor and work. Maybe if Geoff Johns had been involved sooner they could have worked it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

lads how fast is Barry supposed to be after comin out of the speed force. Is he back to the speed before the tachyon enhancement thingy or is he faster they never said in the show?

Just after finishing the finale, and man what a finale, especially the ending.... October can't come quick enough for Season 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That ending has the potential to change A LOT for season 3. Should be fun to see what they do with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

Can't believe I watched what I just watched did not see that endin comin. Wish October was tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Autumn cant come soon enough please! THAT is one of my favorite stories in the Flash and to see it next season! WHOAAA!

I googled it and the only one I could find was
    Flashpoint
    ? Is that the story you mean? Could they redo that without the massive cast of DC characters that they'd need?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

ok, im confused

someone explain time remnants to me like im 5

so its 11.01am
    zoom runs back 1 minue to 11am
    zoom from 11.01 kills zoom from 11am
    does that not mean that zoom is dead because he killed his past self?

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    I googled it and the only one I could find was
    Flashpoint
    ? Is that the story you mean? Could they redo that without the massive cast of DC characters that they'd need?

Yes that is the one, if you haven't watched it there is an animated movie about it, i suggest you view it ;) some people say it is on netflix? if not just search on the world wide web.

for season 3 MASSIVE SPOILER do not read it if you haven;t seen the final episode.
    it could be a reboot, this new timeline will have a different story, basically it could mean that by saving his mother what happened in season 1 and 2 did not occur.

Looks like it's only on Netflix in US and Canada.

Mr E wrote: »
    Looks like it's only on Netflix in US and Canada.

kiss cartoon mate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

crazyderk wrote:
    so its 11.01am zoom runs back 1 minue to 11am zoom from 11.01 kills zoom from 11am does that not mean that zoom is dead because he killed his past self?

From my understanding, zoom from 11:01 is the remnant and zoom from 11 can kill him and then not go back to get killed himself. So the 'Jay' that was hanging out in Star Labs was a remenant who had gone back, I think. It's not worth thinking too hard about because when Barry first goes back in Season 1 there was no time remnant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

FunLover18 wrote: »
    From my understanding, zoom from 11:01 is the remnant and zoom from 11 can kill him and then not go back to get killed himself. So the 'Jay' that was hanging out in Star Labs was a remenant who had gone back, I think. It's not worth thinking too hard about because when Barry first goes back in Season 1 there was no time remnant.

Ye I was googling after and really the message I got was dont think to much about the wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff and just go with it.

Hooray we've done it team, Zoom is dead :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

JSA was hinted in Legends of Tomorrow last episode I wonder does the new Jay Garrick have a connection with this ?

Certainly going to be interesting to see how this new Flash connects with the arrowverse

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Wren2893

McLoughlin wrote: »
    JSA was hinted in Legends of Tomorrow last episode I wonder does the new Jay Garrick have a connection with this ?

I'd say so since
    the real Jay Garrick went back to Earth 2 at the end. He's part of the Justice Society on Earth 2 in the comics
    . I've heard that those who
    left at the end of the episode will return as semi-regulars
    but I'm not 100% on the source. Going into Season 3, some people behind the show said
    that the timeline will be "vulnerable"
    . This could tie in with Legends of Tomorrow since
    Hourman is a Justice Society member from the finale
    like you said.

I'd say that the two shows will have to have more than one obligatory crossover next season if they want to connect all those plots. Maybe they're trying to get more Flash viewers to watch LoT. I dunno...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Wren2893 wrote: »
    I'd say so since
    the real Jay Garrick went back to Earth 2 at the end. He's part of the Justice Society on Earth 2 in the comics
    . I've heard that those who
    left at the end of the episode will return as semi-regulars
    but I'm not 100% on the source. Going into Season 3, some people behind the show said
    that the timeline will be "vulnerable"
    . This could tie in with Legends of Tomorrow since
    Hourman is a Justice Society member from the finale
    like you said.

I'd say that the two shows will have to have more than one obligatory crossover next season if they want to connect all those plots. Maybe they're trying to get more Flash viewers to watch LoT. I dunno...

Its a dangerous difficult thing when you have 4 TV shows that are connected so much and have regular crossovers as you might alienated casual viewers, A one of event is grand but every few months could be tricky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I wonder if they will lean heavily on
    the arrow characters
    for season 3 - have them as the stand-ins for
    Superman (Super Girl), Batman (Arrow)

Very confused as to how they are going to tie it all together (considering a 4 show cross over event is planned - maybe that is how they will 'fix' things). Even the Earth 2 stuff would be hard to bring back in as it is - everyone will be different, none of what we saw has happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Interesting way to do Flashpoint, with it being intentional on Barry's part rather than accidental.

If they are trying to weave the 4 shows into one event then they've a job on their hands as, purely going on the shows I watch Flash and LOT, the writing has ranged from poor to only ok to occasionally brilliant.

And aye, if watching all 4 shows is going to be a requirement next season then I'm not thrilled at the prospect. I've rarely watched Arrow and Supergirl.

Advertisement