Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I wouldn't go so far as to label him a villain but his actions were selfish. I think it's extremely naive to assume that Barry does not know the consequences when then the finale of season 1 saw know choose not to save her as a result of the consequences doing so would have on the universe. I find it very difficult to sympathise with what he did on any level.

Having not read the comics an someone tell me how it is handled in the comics; as a reader is what Barry does meant to be something the readers sympathise with?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I wouldn't go so far as to label him a villain but his actions were selfish. I think it's extremely naive to assume that Barry does not know the consequences when then the finale of season 1 saw know choose not to save her as a result of the consequences doing so would have on the universe. I find it very difficult to sympathise with what he did on any level.

Having not read the comics an someone tell me how it is handled in the comics; as a reader is what Barry does meant to be something the readers sympathise with?

Just google flashpoint comic online and you will get it to read.
    In the comics as far as I remember you do not know it was him who changed the past untill near the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

Well if they're doin flashpoint I wonder will they get cavanaghs reverse flash or matt leschers reverse flash.?
    Probably be leschers version with barry seekin out wells (cavanagh) help to sort it.
    For me cavanagh is the best thing in the show

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Season 3 speeds back on to the CW Tuesday, October 4th..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Given the time travel element is such a big part the legends of tomorrow will have to play into this season somehow.

Without posting anything spoiler related here the flashpoint arc has lots of cool angles, can't wait to see where they go with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭hotshots85

Given the time travel element is such a big part the legends of tomorrow will have to play into this season somehow.

Without posting anything spoiler related here the flashpoint arc has lots of cool angles, can't wait to see where they go with it.

Looks pretty confirmed that they are going with some aspect of the arc anyway,

hotshots85 wrote: »
    Looks pretty confirmed that they are going with some aspect of the arc anyway,

They'll probably be bringing Matt Letscher back for the 3rd Season then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Confirmed by Grant Gustin on Twitter that the name of Season 3 Episode 1 is
    Flashpoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MrJones1973

Was season 2 a bit of a rehash of season 1? Foe posing as friend who happens to be a speedster ?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Was season 2 a bit of a rehash of season 1? Foe posing as friend who happens to be a speedster ?

Yeah totally. I hope season 3 does something different.

• Advertisement

Lads I still have no idea how Reverse Flash knew Barry, as a descendant of Thawn I always assumed he was more than one generation down the line. Does the speed force stop Barry from aging?

Lads I still have no idea how Reverse Flash knew Barry, as a descendant of Thawn I always assumed he was more than one generation down the line. Does the speed force stop Barry from aging?

They both time travel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

The Flash's heroics become a legend that survives the ages. Thawne is from the 25th century. In the pre-crisis comics, Zoom finds a time capsule with Justice League stuff in it and it kinda goes from there but iirc, they didn't do anything like that in the show.

The Cinematic Universe podcast have done a Bonus Flash episode here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tom Felton did well with his role in Murder in the First he'll be good addition to the series I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If only the Weather Wizard role wasn't already taken.

I'll get my coat

Filming of Season 3 gets underway Wednesday

https://twitter.com/grantgust/status/749745319773032448?lang=en

And judging by Zack Stentz's tweet, Season 3 is gonna set the bar pretty damn high

https://twitter.com/MuseZack/status/749406299801038848?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I recall Stephen Amell tweet something like this for Arrow season 3. It turn out to be crap.

Well in all fairness, The Flash > Arrow.

• Advertisement

Kevin Smith returning to direct again
    I know I’m going back to The Flash, first week of September, to direct episode 7 of season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Kevin Smith returning to direct again

Aint that the crossover episode or is that 8

Aint that the crossover episode or is that 8

Epsiode 8 of all 4 shows will be the crossover episodes..

First look at Wally West as Kid Flash for Season 3, and they are officially released images by Warner Bros. Entertainment..

kid-flash-publicity-189849.jpg

slack-imgscom-189869.jpeg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I don't really like the Wally West character in the show so far, dunno if it's the actor's acting or just how they have written him so far but anyway...

I have a feeling that will be one of the big changes when Barry returns from his whoopsie suddenly there will be two Flashes but that will go back to normal after a few episodes If Barry undoes his durp. During those few episodes the fact that there are 2 good speedsters will be the only thing holding things together because in general things have to be much worse for Barry to realize he did the wrong thing. This will act as a foreshadowing moment for later in the Season with Wally developing super speed due to what happened to him & Jessie in the ep where they recreated the the particle accelerator explosion

I don't really like the Wally West character in the show so far, dunno if it's the actor's acting or just how they have written him so far but anyway...

I have a feeling that will be one of the big changes when Barry returns from his whoopsie suddenly there will be two Flashes but that will go back to normal after a few episodes If Barry undoes his durp. During those few episodes the fact that there are 2 good speedsters will be the only thing holding things together because in general things have to be much worse for Barry to realize he did the wrong thing. This will act as a foreshadowing moment for later in the Season with Wally developing super speed due to what happened to him & Jessie in the ep where they recreated the the particle accelerator explosion

From what I've read, the Wally in the above pictures is
    Kid Flash from another time-line
    due to Barry's grief ridden shenanigans at the close of Season 2, so that definitely lines up with the first line of the 2nd paragraph of your post, there's also an image of Keynan in the costume with what looks like the new 52 RF, which i'll try to find, here we go

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13669621_640592812764229_1506232179924190331_n.jpg?oh=78701b2a5c4d34453d000f67c7e99b08&oe=57F4D02B

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I hope the villain speedster is only part of the 'altered' timeline and not the main bad guy for the entire season. If S3 has another speedster as its 'big bad' then it's going to feel very repetitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was trying to thin what other Flash season long villains we could get. Or even someone else's villain.

Maybe a Grodd return. Or a Lantern villain

Mirror Master or Shade (non over campy) would be proper threats

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, the show needs to mix its 'Big Bad' up a little & another evil speedster would be a little weak. Grodd's a great suggestion, I'd wonder if the budget exists though to have him around for more than a couple of episodes per season.

Advertisement