Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The Flash - San Diego Comic Con 2016 Panel Part 1.

This is a really fun panel - best I've seen this year so far (and I've seen a lot already), it's worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yeah, it's the only one I've seen so far, the cast are just so fun..

Also, you the real MVP posting the panels from Comic Con in the respective threads in the DC TV Universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah, it's the only one I've seen so far, the cast are just so fun..

The only other 2 panels I can think of off the top of my head that may be on a par or better than this are iZombie and Supernatural (but I'm still impatiently waiting for those).
    Also, you the real MVP posting the panels from Comic Con in the respective threads in the DC TV Universe.

Nah I can't take any credit, I'm just posting the videos over from YouTube as they're uploaded - the guys at Flicks & The City are doing all the actual work. There are a few other uploaders that I can link to if necessary, but Flicks & The City always have the highest quality videos and they're really sound, so gonna see what else they upload first before looking elsewhere for the panels they missed out on.

I f***ing love this weekend though and watching all the stuff from SDCC so I just want to spread the cheer - it's essentially my Christmas, because I don't like actual Christmas all that much... ;)

I would imagine all the casts would be fun to hang around..

I subscribed to Flicks & The City after Comic Con a few years ago, they always do seem to have the best quality videos, any other uploaders worth checking out, send 'em on.. So now you're Christmas is over for another year..

Actually wonder what it would cost to do an entire weekend of San Diego Comic Con.

I subscribed to Flicks & The City after Comic Con a few years ago, they always do seem to have the best quality videos, any other uploaders worth checking out, send 'em on.. So now you're Christmas is over for another year..

Actually wonder what it would cost to do an entire weekend of San Diego Comic Con.

Films That Rock is another uploader that is consistently decent - the quality is not great, but they've got a few panels there at the minute that Flicks have not yet (and may not) upload, but as I said waiting to see if Flicks & The City upload better quality versions of those panels before I start posting any of those.

I've still got a few panels presents left to open, so got another few days of Christmas.

I've been to San Diego before and was staying in a hostel just up the road from the convention center (but in December not July when SDCC was on) - it's actually a really great part of town and I'd love to go back, but I don't think I'd go there during the actual convention just because the heat at that time of year would be a killer and if you wanted to go to any of the panels, you'd really have to queue outside the theatre overnight (so if I did go, I probably wouldn't bother with the Panels, especially since I can watch them online). I'm sure the social side of it is phenomenal though and if it was hosted in a colder climate I'd make the trip just to see all the costumes and hang out with other fans.

Anyway, since we've gone off topic a bit, to bring it back to The Flash, I'm really looking forward to seeing how
    Tom Felton fits in with the cast - he came across really well in the panel and he was great as Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter films.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Roughly €300 for the tickets (if you can get them). Accommodation is famously expensive during the week before and after the convention though so that's where you'll spend a fortune. I'd also imagine any sort of eatery, inside and outside the convention charge astronomical prices...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I've gone into the lottery for tickets for the last 7 years and haven't come close to getting one.

I've started an Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl SUPERTHREAD in the Superheroes forum, which may be helpful when discussing crossovers or the universe as a whole, since not everyone watches all four shows and sometimes people get irritated if you start talking about Arrow in The Flash thread for example, so this could help with that...

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl SUPERTHREAD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Casting news
    Vampire Diaries Vet Susan Walters Cast as Caitlin's Mom
    Tvline

• Advertisement

Casting news
    Vampire Diaries Vet Susan Walters Cast as Caitlin's Mom
    Tvline

She's great in
    The Vampire Diaries, and I think she's a great choice to play Caitlin's mom - the two actors have quite similar mannerisms, so I think they'll be believable as mother and daughter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Finished season two just there and I still have the same question since about halfway through the season
    what the hell happened to Linda, she was taken by zoom but then we never saw her again, did he kill her cause all we saw was her being kidnapped

Not looking forward to season 3,
    it'll probably just be him sticking in flashpoint for the first five episodes or first half of he season then going back to a world of chaos because of all the meta humans left behind

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Rorok wrote: »
    Finished season two just there and I still have the same question since about halfway through the season
    what the hell happened to Linda, she was taken by zoom but then we never saw her again, did he kill her cause all we saw was her being kidnapped

Not looking forward to season 3,
    it'll probably just be him sticking in flashpoint for the first five episodes or first half of he season then going back to a world of chaos because of all the meta humans left behind
    Say he will right the world by first 6 episodes as in he will let his mother die but the real effect will be the crossover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Rorok wrote: »
    Zoom brought her to the roof of STAR Labs, threw her off, Barry saved her (by running down, slowing her fall and catching her, and then she ran away while Barry fought Zoom. Think she moved to another city after that.

Casting news
    Grey Damon cast as Mirror Master
    CBR

Lengthy recap/synopsis for Season 3

Until recently, 26 year-old Barry Allen lived a normal life as a perpetually tardy C.S.I. in the Central City Police department. He was secretly in love with his best friend, Iris West, daughter of Barry’s surrogate father, Detective Joe West. Joe adopted Barry fifteen years ago after Barry’s mother was murdered and Barry’s father, Henry Allen, received a life sentence for the crime – though Barry always maintained that a mysterious “Man in Yellow” was responsible.

Then the S.T.A.R. Labs Particle Accelerator exploded, creating a dark matter lightning storm that struck Barry, bestowing him with superspeed and making him the fastest man alive. But Barry wasn’t the only person who was given extraordinary abilities that night. The dark matter also created meta-humans, many of whom have wreaked havoc with their powers on the city. With the help of his scientist friends at S.T.A.R Labs, Caitlin Snow, Cisco Ramon, and Dr. Harrison Wells, Barry began a journey as The Flash to protect the people of Central City from these powerful new threats. With this team, Barry was finally able to defeat the Man in Yellow, aka The Reverse Flash, but in their epic battle, a Singularity was ripped in space and time that threatened to destroy them all.

After successfully closing the Singularity from destroying Central City, Barry thinks he’s seen the worst… but the arrival of Jay Garrick reveals that the Singularity actually opened portals to an alternate Earth, known as Earth-2, which is being terrorized by a formidable evil speedster named Zoom. As Zoom sends an army of Earth-Two meta-humans to Earth-1 to defeat Barry, he receives unexpected assistance from the Earth-Two doppelganger of his former mentor, Harrison Wells. Meanwhile, Cisco discovers that he, too, was affected by the dark matter of the Particle Accelerator and must come to terms with his newfound powers. As Barry struggles to juggle life as a hero, he opens his heart to Patty Spivot, a spunky detective paired with Joe West, but realizes just how hard it is to find happiness when the lives of everyone you love are at stake. He finds some solace in the companionship of his father, Henry Allen, who was freed from a wrongful life sentence... but when Zoom kills Henry before Barry’s eyes, Barry’s newfound stability is shattered.

Blinded by anger, Barry unwittingly plays into Zoom’s game and uncovers the evil speedster’s true goal: to destroy all Earths in the multiverse. In the race of his life, Barry ultimately gets the upper hand against Zoom and defeats his nemesis. But unable to celebrate victory, Barry makes a world-shaking decision and speeds back in time to the night his mother died to stop Reverse Flash from killing her, irrevocably changing his past and redetermining his future.

The dark suited speedster seen in set photos with Keiynan Lonsdale revealed to be
    Savitar

There will be a two part crossover musical episode with supergirl

Also in relation to the dark suited speedster mentioned in the above post, he could be played by
    Todd Lasance
    as he has been seen on set a few weeks ago in the suit. And he will be the other big bad with
    Dr Alchemy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The show will head to
    Gorilla City
    for Season 3, which means
    Grodd's a coming back

• Advertisement

Also in relation to the dark suited speedster mentioned in the above post, he could be played by
    Todd Lasance
    as he has been seen on set a few weeks ago in the suit. And he will be the other big bad with
    Dr Alchemy

Kinda curious to see how the 2 part musical crossover works.. Could be a fun 2 parter.

I'm thinking in regards to the black suited speedster, it could be
    Todd Lasance
    in the suit, but someone else doing the voice, similar to how Tony Todd voiced Zoom, and Teddy Sears was in the suit..

Rumours circulating that the crossover will be written and directed by Joss Whedon. If that's the case... Wow. Could be fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

As a fan of Buffy, like superfan, a musical episode doesn't appeal to me.

Once More With Feeling was a novelty at best that gave away major tension by song. Can see why some loved it but I hated it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Not to mention Supergirl is absolute $hite.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    As a fan of Buffy, like superfan, a musical episode doesn't appeal to me.

Once More With Feeling was a novelty at best that gave away major tension by song. Can see why some loved it but I hated it.

That was the point of it though. In musicals, people reveal their true and full feelings. In Buffy, each of the characters were hiding their feelings, or even lying to themselves about the way they felt. Being forced into singing made them express and confront the feelings they'd been hiding. The music spell was used to force the tension out into the open.

It's why I'd trust Whedon with something like this. He understands musicals better than most and wouldn't do it just as a novelty. The story and songs will fit the tone of the shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Penn wrote: »
    That was the point of it though. In musicals, people reveal their true and full feelings. In Buffy, each of the characters were hiding their feelings, or even lying to themselves about the way they felt. Being forced into singing made them express and confront the feelings they'd been hiding. The music spell was used to force the tension out into the open.

It's why I'd trust Whedon with something like this. He understands musicals better than most and wouldn't do it just as a novelty. The story and songs will fit the tone of the shows.
    I understood the logic behind it but I just wasn't a fan. I would have preferred more linear storytelling for things they were building up to for weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Oh god, as someone who hates Joss Whedon AND musicals, this isn't great news. Series 2 though disappointing compared to the first, was still really enjoyable but this news doesn't bode well for me at least :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I too hate musicals with the two exceptions being once more with Feeling and Dr Horrible
    So they have the right man to make it good.
    Surprised that DC have got Joss across the line with his strong ties to Marvel

I too hate musicals with the two exceptions being once more with Feeling and Dr Horrible
    So they have the right man to make it good.
    Surprised that DC have got Joss across the line with his strong ties to Marvel

I think all those ties are pretty much cut. I don't think he has any involvement whatsoever with Agents of SHIELD (Exec.Producer in name only due to helping get the show up and running) and likely no more Marvel films from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Joss may still be doing a bit for Marvel but I doubt he's as heavily contracted. So having him doing the crossover would be cool. Him or the team behind Galavant. :)

Advertisement