Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Casting News
    Ashley Rickards cast as Rosalind "Rosa" Dillon, aka the Top.
    CBR

More Casting News
    Joey King cast as Magenta.
    Comicbook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lithium93_ wrote: »

I'm thinking in regards to the black suited speedster, it could be
    Todd Lasance
    in the suit, but someone else doing the voice, similar to how Tony Todd voiced Zoom, and Teddy Sears was in the suit..

The casting for the black suited person was announced yesterday but he is actually playing a recurring character called
    The Rival
    and not
    Savitar
    as some sites posted.

TVline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

Are they for real with the musical thing??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

No, it's a joke.

Obviously, they're for real. Duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

New poster for the show, shows returns to TV in the US in 2 weeks time.

csz-fo7uaaaya5d-200972.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Grant Gustin was a recurring character in glee and there is an episode where he sings karaoke with Caitlin, I think he used to do broadway too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Many of the cast have musical backgrounds

Joe was also one of the original cast of Rent. Here's him, Cisco and Eddie singing a thanks to Joss Whedon for donating to a kickstarter they had

The girl who plays Supergirl was in Glee too, I think.

Yeah Melissa Benoist was in Glee too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Do we know if it a going to be original songs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

"When Arrow started taking itself way too seriously"

Well played ScreenJunkies, well played indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    "When Arrow started taking itself way too seriously"

Well played ScreenJunkies, well played indeed.

Air guns and reusable running

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Air guns and reusable running

And Barry's Bobblehead! Cannot be unseen!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,220 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Not a bad return, but had my hopes built up for something so much better. ah well. a very quality lines, as ever, in the episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah it was pretty good (without being fantastic). I thought they'd stretch Flashpoint to a few episodes.

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah it was pretty good (without being fantastic). I thought they'd stretch Flashpoint to a few episodes.

I thought it would be 3 episodes or so, but it now means Arrow etc can run off basically the exact timeline they left (with an excuse for a change here or there). I was thinking Arrow would need to be way different if Flash was still on Flashpoint.

The timeline seems messed up though - Flash became the Flash early because Eobard ramped up the timeline of the explosion, which shouldn't have happened in the Flashpoint timeline (Eobard in the cell) or the new timeline (Eobard was never trapped in the past).

Will be interesting to see how Wells/Jessie come back in - i believe they said it would be Earth 2.0; but there is scope now for Earth 1.0 versions as Eobard shouldn't have happened to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was an ok opening episode but I really was hoping for a more epic "Flashpoint"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

"Excuse me, have I been kidnapped?"
    "Unclear..."

I enjoyed it - I don't know Flashpoint from the comics, so I have no frame of reference for comparison. In a way I like that it's been somewhat resolved and Barry's back in our timeline, but with lasting repercussions, which for me is better than 2-3 episodes of Flashpoint but then having everything tied up nicely in a bow and completely back to normal by the end of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

"Excuse me, have I been kidnapped?"
    "Unclear..."

Caitlin was star of the show despite only being a few minutes on screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Barry must have been delighted. He got to reveal his secret identity to everyone again, as well as Wally's.

Does this mean Thawne is free to be a season 3 villain again?

I'm guessing the changes are minor enough that they won't affect Arrow, Supergirl or the show that messes with time all the time with no apparent repercussions Legends of Tomorrow. Doesn't look like Flashpoint was Supergirl's way into this universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

On the one hand I'm glad they bulldozed through Flashpoint, on the other hand I think they could have spent a bit more time on Barry struggle with his conscience over what he's done.

Flashpoint clearly still has ramifications for the season that will be focused on throughout so that's good enough for me, though I was hoping they'd go the full hog and
    off Iris from the timeline.

I wonder if the changes to the timeline will be down to purely Barry's actions or the RF being a dastardly fcuker and changing things himself with his newfound knowledge. Given Flashpoint is meant to have ramifications for the whole CW universe, it'll probably be the former.

I'm glad Thawne is seemingly back. He was fantastic in this episode and is similar enough to Wells-Thawne but different enough to be a fresher character.

I enjoyed the episode. Makes sense they didn't stretch out Flashpoint too long considering the impact it would/should have had on the other shows, and we all knew it wasn't going to last anyway.

The different versions of Cisco and Caitlin were great. "The Rival" was crap and looked stupid. Either way, a good start to the season I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Ben Gadot wrote:
    On the one hand I'm glad they bulldozed through Flashpoint, on the other hand I think they could have spent a bit more time on Barry struggle with his conscience over what he's done.

I think it would have been pretty interesting if they had let Barry forget and then have Thawn be the hero by helping him remember and undoing flashpoint.

Considering they burnt through the chance to effect the most change from Flashpoint I wish the initial Flashpoint time-line had been way more f'd up - such as zoom having won vs kid flash, the world in chaos, maybe a nod to Oliver dying in the boat and his dad being arrow (nod to batman in the movie). Could have had way more fun with it, imo. The only real problem was Barry forgetting his own time line.

Hang on.... Was there more to it than Barry forgetting or did he kill his mother and another time line for selfish reasons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wasn't for completely selfish reasons. As he said, to get his happiness everyone else was suffering with Wally being injured and Joe being a disaster. So when he started forgetting he figured he'd better change it back before he forgot the old timeline completely. Maybe he would've lost his powers as well. Not sure if he was struck by lightning in that timeline.
    I thought they might've said how his presence in this timeline and link to the speed force was the reason Wally wasn't healing.

Hang on.... Was there more to it than Barry forgetting or did he kill his mother and another time line for selfish reasons?

He got to experience a few months of his parents alive and happy, which helped him finally come to terms with their deaths. But he was starting to forget his old life and friendships and they were all kinda worse off (well, Cisco was a billionaire but he was also a d*ck) so he returned everything to the way it should be (with some unforeseen circumstances seemingly to be revealed).

• Advertisement

VDxWcex.jpg

Amazing.

Advertisement