Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

Tobin Bell lads at a guess is that the guy from the Saw films? Knew that voice was familiar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yup. Very distinctive voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's unreal how British British people sound when in American shows. Does Draco Malfoy always sound so... British?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The show really misses Wells. It's also really odd that Barry hasn't asked about him.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    The show really misses Wells. It's also really odd that Barry hasn't asked about him.

Him and Jessie went back to Earth 2. Why would Barry ask about him, none of them could answer that question.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote:
    Him and Jessie went back to Earth 2. Why would Barry ask about him, none of them could answer that question.

Oh did they? Completely forgot that! Is Wells coming back at all in any form, he's the best thing about the show.

Oh did they? Completely forgot that! Is Wells coming back at all in any form, he's the best thing about the show.
    Yup. He's in the promo for next week's episode. Not really a spoiler as his name is still in the credits of the show (well, this week's episode anyway), but yeah, he's back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,220 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Thought the second episode was a big improvement on the first of the new season. Really enjoyed that one. Felt like there was actual repercussions and hopefully an actual lesson learned by Barry - and one we will see him wrestle with in the future.

The new big bad (Alchemy, sorry... Dr. Alchemy) is interesting - I assumed he was going to be Julian, but that doesn't fit with him being at the sawmill when barry left Julian at the station a moment before. Could be an alter-ego/evil twin thing. I also wonder if it could be an alternate version of Cisco, with extended/mature powers. Will obviously be the 'who the feck is Zoom' discussion for this season.

Thought the second episode was a big improvement on the first of the new season. Really enjoyed that one. Felt like there was actual repercussions and hopefully an actual lesson learned by Barry - and one we will see him wrestle with in the future.

The new big bad (Alchemy, sorry... Dr. Alchemy) is interesting - I assumed he was going to be Julian, but that doesn't fit with him being at the sawmill when barry left Julian at the station a moment before. Could be an alter-ego/evil twin thing. I also wonder if it could be an alternate version of Cisco, with extended/mature powers. Will obviously be the 'who the feck is Zoom' discussion for this season.

Yeah, we got enough "Who is Zoom?" and "Who is the guy in the iron mask?" last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,220 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah, we got enough "Who is Zoom?" and "Who is the guy in the iron mask?" last season.
    ANd for a good part of season 1, "who is Reverse Flash". I can see the real identity of Alchemy (Sorry, Dr. Alchemy) being a secret/debate for most of the season.

• Advertisement

TBH I feel they all forgave Barry q bit too easy, interesting to see if everything between the team will actually be back to normal next week.

I'm hoping now that Barry has learnt his lesson we'll never see him time travel again it just causes too many problem and he always learns the same lesson; that he shouldn't do it.

TBH I feel they all forgave Barry q bit too easy, interesting to see if everything between the team will actually be back to normal next week.

I dunno. Probably the one who had the least issue with Barry time-travelling was Caitlin, but if she realises it's Barry's fault she's turning into Killer Frost, it could cause the biggest fallout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

It's a small thing but I like how they've leaned into the "Move Forward" theme, post-Flashpoint. A nice nod.

Some other things I really like: the resurgence of the Reverse Flash, the probable end to time travel do-overs, Kid Flash appearance, Flashpoint not overstaying its welcome, The Rival was done well and didn't overstay.

Needs more Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Episode 2 see promo for it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Looks like legends of tomorrow might have a reason for things changing a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭squonk

Bollox! I thought the opener was great but episode 2 and the 'new' timeline is a pile of cock. I'd rather have Caitlin the optomologist from episode 1, than Caitlin the scientist and part time super hero we have now. Also Sisco with a feckin suit too! What's next? Barry discovers he has a dog and it's now morphed into a super villain, Puppy Power? This show is rapidly going downhill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just thinking, is Jay not meant to be stuck on Earth 2? Or do we still have that breach that he can come through when he wants?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just thinking, is Jay not meant to be stuck on Earth 2? Or do we still have that breach that he can come through when he wants?

I think he was on Earth 3... The implication seemed to be that the Speed Force spans all universes.

This was posted in the LoT thread but since it's a Flash question...
    Flash went back, saved his mother and caused Flashpoint. He then went back and let his mother die. There was nothing done that should cause the timeline to go the way it has. I've already said this in The Flash thread, but like the New 52, I didn't understand how one event could have such a big effect on the universe in the way it did. Though that's being explained in the comics now.

Maybe we need to look outside the box. Barry stops Reverse Flash -> causes Flashpoint. He then asks RF to kill his mother to restore the timeline, which RF does. Then Barry brings them both back to the present and, before disappearing, Thawne tells him that things may not be as normal as he might think. Except, none of that happened in the original timeline. In the OT, after killing Barry's mother, Reverse Flash got stuck in that year; his powers became scatty. He ended up murdering Harrison Wells and assuming his identity for the next 20 years, as well as killing Wells's fiancé (wife?). In this restored timeline, that never happened; the fallout from that could have massive repercussions for the world, if not just the group. And that's just one different event....

Will this all end up with Barry being the Flash that stops season 1 Barry from interfering?

• Advertisement

Maybe we need to look outside the box. Barry stops Reverse Flash -> causes Flashpoint. He then asks RF to kill his mother to restore the timeline, which RF does. Then Barry brings them both back to the present and, before disappearing, Thawne tells him that things may not be as normal as he might think. Except, none of that happened in the original timeline. In the OT, after killing Barry's mother, Reverse Flash got stuck in that year; his powers became scatty. He ended up murdering Harrison Wells and assuming his identity for the next 20 years, as well as killing Wells's fiancé (wife?). In this restored timeline, that never happened; the fallout from that could have massive repercussions for the world, if not just the group. And that's just one different event....

I hadn't considered this and now I really want to know where Wells is. It was was Thawn's Wells that brought the team together in the first season so how the hell did they come together in this timeline?

Will this all end up with Barry being the Flash that stops season 1 Barry from interfering?

I think he's already been that version. Tbh, I've had enough of that story. If I never see the Nora Allen death scene again, I'd be happy out.

I hadn't considered this and now I really want to know where Wells is. It was was Thawn's Wells that brought the team together in the first season so how the hell did they come together in this timeline?

Indeed. It was also Thawne (under the guise of Wells) who exploded the particle accelerator, giving Barry his powers. Thawne said this was always going to happen but he did it years ahead of schedule. So who did it? Where's Wells? If Thawne never killed him, he should still be out there. But he shouldn't yet have caused the explosion.

I don't think much of that will be addressed but Wells still being alive probably will, at least.

Indeed. It was also Thawne (under the guise of Wells) who exploded the particle accelerator, giving Barry his powers. Thawne said this was always going to happen but he did it years ahead of schedule. So who did it? Where's Wells? If Thawne never killed him, he should still be out there. But he shouldn't yet have caused the explosion.

I don't think much of that will be addressed but Wells still being alive probably will, at least.

Jesus, the writers' attitude to time travel is worse than Barry's. Like surely Barry should now experiencing the same loss of his original timeline memories that he experienced in Flashpoint but no, because reasons.

Honestly, this show is on very thin ice with me now. I'm suspending waaaay too much disbelief.

I'm choosing to see the positive cos we get Wells back... but if you think about it at all, it gets looser and looser...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think we can have a good guess at where Wally's story line is going to go .

He's going try and get Alchemy to change him into a Meta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah it will start with the dreams that Magenta described and he will go to Alchemy.

Decent episode - I loved Cisco's "meh" when Magenta's nickname was mentioned. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Alchemy sounds like tobin bell in the "Saw" movies.

Yay Harry is back! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Alchemy sounds like tobin bell in the "Saw" movies.

Yay Harry is back! :)

It is his voice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

It is his voice :)

Ah well there you go! Genius i am :pac:

Advertisement