Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm actually finding HR a bit irritating.

So Julian didn't turn up for work while Alchemy is calling to Wally? Bit too obvious?

The way Caitlin was asking about her not having powers in the other timeline makes me think she'll ask Alchemy to take them away.

And hopefully if Wally gets the same costume, that they make it to fit him this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Good episode but can anyone explain to me why it's assumed Caitlin + powers = evil? Cisco was also evil in that universe so why isn't there concern that he will be evil? Seems a fairly big plot hole.

I think there's a flip going on in Vibe's vision where Frost is good. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit but it'd be nice to see Cait avoid her "fate". As you say they've focused a little too much on the evil of Killer Frost while Vibe hasn't got the same scrutiny.

As for Julian, maybe they think it's enough to make the audience guess which one he is aka
    Savitar or Alchemy
    but I'd like to see them be a bit more imaginative. It'd be cool when Wally rejects the both of them if Julian is revealed as their last big dormant meta:
    Cobalt Blue.
    It would make sense within the context of Barry and Julian's strange dynamic, one that would get away from Barry being played like a schmuck YET AGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

What would be really imaginative would be if Julian wasn't a meta or baddie at all and he was genuinely with his girlfriend. I hope the show surprises me but the writing is getting so lazy. May stop posting in here as I'm conscious of becoming one of those posters who constantly bashes a show who I look at and think 'then why are you still watching'.

On a positive note I'm enjoying HR, a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

At the minute im enjoying the show not as much as before but its ok. i think they are just going for too simalar of storylines especially if Julian is a bad guy and its a friend/colleague that turns on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,220 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Liked the intro of Savitar - but the rest of this weeks episode was weak. The shadow guy (and Barry's run in with him in the park) looked terrible. though the vibe/frost fight looked weak too.

Were obviously saving their money for the last few minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Decent enough episode but Wally continues to be a weak link for me, such a poor character

Decent enough episode but Wally continues to be a weak link for me, such a poor character

Cant stand him.

i hope he doesnt get powers just so we can see less of him but cant see them going any other way to give him powers and fight alongside him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

sky88 wrote: »
    Cant stand him.

i hope he doesnt get powers just so we can see less of him but cant see them going any other way to give him powers and fight alongside him.

Be great if he went the earth 2 with Jesse quick

Be great if he went the earth 2 with Jesse quick

i like jesse can we do a swap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just caught up with this week's episode now and agree that the Shade storyline was weak filler, but things did kick up a bit in the last 10 minutes or so.

The whole HR idea is poor I think - the character is just annoying ("I agree with <whatever> <whoever> just said") and seems a waste of Tom Cavanaugh's talents given some of his previous performances on this show.

I think they're starting to run out of steam TBH.. the show may have peaked too soon and they're running out of ideas (and/or distracted by the numerous spin-off shows? Not sure if it's the same crew as I only watch Flash) but this whole Flashpoint idea needs to go away and they reset back to the Earth 1 we know and love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I like Wally, I think his desire to become a speedster is endearing and just want to help people.

I like Wally, I think his desire to become a speedster is endearing and just want to help people.

He's whiney as hell

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think the show has started to unravel a little TBH; Wally, HR and Caitlin are really weak links, the latter's dithering over her powers showing up the shockingly inept writing. I mean sure, The Flash never spun anything other than smile-inducing cheese, but the writing always endeared more than annoyed. Dr. Snow's fear of a path to evil makes no demonstrable sense and feels like drama for the sake of it.

Aye, as I said before Caitlin's dithering is retreading old ground.

Wally and Iris are poor also. I've no idea why they shuttled off Patti abruptly.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I've no idea why they shuttled off Patti abruptly.
    The actress playing her got a lead role in 'Shooter' is why. It's a shame as she had much better chemistry with Barry than Iris has and, personality wise, made a lot more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

ixoy wrote: »
    The actress playing her got a lead role in 'Shooter' is why. It's a shame as she had much better chemistry with Barry than Iris has and, personality wise, made a lot more sense.

Well that's slightly encouraging I just thought it was bad writing. I sometimes get the impression they make their stories up as they go along.

They really need to explain why Caitlin's powers make her evil. Makes no sense.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well that's slightly encouraging I just thought it was bad writing. I sometimes get the impression they make their stories up as they go along.

Best I can guess, having met Killer Frost, 'our' Caitlin is freaking out the same will happen her now that she's manifesting the same powers - which is not an entirely unreasonable line of thinking, worries about destiny etc. etc. - but it's all communicated so badly and without an ounce of believability it's pulling down the rest of the show. That her two best friends are meta should have been enough reason to tell everyone, but the "I'll become evil!" thread is just embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The revelation about Alchemy's real identity was a bit of an eye-roller. Decent episode otherwise, though. Some good acting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Maybe her powers make her feel cold towards humanity... :D

Tom Cavanaugh had a guest role in Syfy's Van Helsing in the episode just gone, in case anyonew interested. :)

Was actually one of the show's better episodes in an otherwise fairly dismal first season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Detective Matt Parkman probably just read Julian's and Barry's minds and knows exactly who the flash, Caitlin and Alchemy are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,220 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mr E wrote: »
    The revelation about Alchemy's real identity was a bit of an eye-roller. Decent episode otherwise, though. Some good acting.

I don't understand what's happened there.
    The words savitar uses indicate Julian hasn't been alchemy up to this point - Julian is trying to get away from him and savitar asks him to becone alchemy once more, as if he was alchemy previously but currently isn't. It's only been like a day or two since the warehouse sting.

If Julian was alchemy at the point, his interaction with savitar makes no sense.

If he wasn't alchemy then why does he have the suit?

It feels like there are a lot of holes in this twist - unless the alchemy we have seen to this point is Julian from another universe or time-line, with 'our' Julian to become him now (is the other gone? Dead? Does savitar need two?)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Mr E wrote: »

There is a guy I look at in youtube and he thinks that there may not be just 1 Dr Alchemy. But I thought they did the reveal well I liked the episode

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

There is a guy I look at in youtube and he thinks that there may not be just 1 Dr Alchemy. But I thought they did the reveal well I liked the episode
    That's what I assumed from the scene - that Julian was an earlier Dr. Alchemy who "retired" or what not and there's been a new one since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I don't understand what's happened there.
    The words savitar uses indicate Julian hasn't been alchemy up to this point - Julian is trying to get away from him and savitar asks him to becone alchemy once more, as if he was alchemy previously but currently isn't. It's only been like a day or two since the warehouse sting.

If Julian was alchemy at the point, his interaction with savitar makes no sense.

If he wasn't alchemy then why does he have the suit?

It feels like there are a lot of holes in this twist - unless the alchemy we have seen to this point is Julian from another universe or time-line, with 'our' Julian to become him now (is the other gone? Dead? Does savitar need two?)
    Julian could be a meta and Savitar might be able to control him. I agree it is a bit 2 neat to have Julian as Dr Alchemy as in there is only 1. Maybe its a brainwash thing

The "battle" scene with Savitar and Barry was cool. I say battle but Barry was getting owned.
    The whit/blue speedforce he travels in is cool.
    I wonder what they will do with Wally is this the way to get back Jessie and earth 2 Harry

Good episode until late the reveal it's just going over similar ground each season.

Reminding me of how arrow lost its way in season 3

Isn't Alchemy tall?

When did the Flash crossover with Michael Bay's Transformers, because Savitar wouldn't look out of place there.

Once again I'm thinking the opening narrative needs to be updated to "I am the fastest man alive, after..." and list everyone that's faster than him.

And for any wrestling fans here, Caitlin had a quick heel/face turn that would impress Big Show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Well she does have those iron clad power dampeners on her wrists now. ;)

Was hoping HR was the bad guy some how, Tom Cavanagh is greater as a villain

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

It's great to see Megatron as the new bad guy for Flash.
    I don't know it's odd. I been waiting for this season to start and it does all at once:
    Snow goes bad.
    Cisco finds out the truth
    There a fight between all three of them.
    Joe & HR become buddies and help break open the shell.
    Wally wakes up and has speed power.
    Barry has to quit the force.
    We meet Savitar.
    We find out who Dr. alchemy is and is Julian.

It's a lot to pack in 44 minutes. Everything just felt rushed (no pun), is this the one before they take their winter break?

• Advertisement

Nope. Next week is the crossover week, starting with Supergirl on Monday.
    Though from what I heard about that
    It's just at the end with Cisco and Barry arriving to set up The Flash

Wonder if that's why they rushed these plot points, so they wouldn't distract from the crossover event

Advertisement