Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

What if and going by the mid-season finale where Savitar spoke through Julian, Savitar could be a version of Barry, IF Barry was evil..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The only person with an obsession with speed is Wally. So let's hope he becomes evil and they can bump him off.

The Flash returns on January 24th 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jessica Camacho cast as Gypsy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Keith David to voice Solovar in two part
    Grodd
    episode

TvLine

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Mark Hamill is the latest guest on The Nerdist podcast for those interested (of which I'm sure there will be many).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Hooray for Cosnett, boo for Amell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

Id like to see thawne come back as
    cobalt blue. Malcolm thawne who was actually barrys twin brother. The thawnes adopted him.
    It could be possible as barry has reset the time line and reverse flash didnt exactly say things would be back to normal for barry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'd rather not see yet another new person related to Barry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Darren Criss to play
    Music Meister
    in two part musical Crossover with Supergirl
    Tvline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another weak episode of the Flash again it's not been a great season at all and they need to get rid of Wally.

Another weak episode of the Flash again it's not been a great season at all and they need to get rid of Wally.

I 2nd this..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Does anyone else find Barry & Iris a creepy couple? They're pretty much brother and sister. It doesn't help they've zero chemistry still..

And I'd have liked at least one character to at least ask, "Hey what if we send Iris away on the 23rd of May? Maybe send her to Kara the day before". Think people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

ixoy wrote: »
    Does anyone else find Barry & Iris a creepy couple? They're pretty much brother and sister. It doesn't help they've zero chemistry still..

And I'd have liked at least one character to at least ask, "Hey what if we send Iris away on the 23rd of May? Maybe send her to Kara the day before". Think people!

Yes it's very creepy.
    Don't know if anyone watches This is us but would be like
    Randall and Kate
    going out together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Wouldn't call it creepy (not sure I'd have the gall to call any couple creepy!) but the actors certainly have little going on. Patty was a way better match for Barry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Wouldn't call it creepy (not sure I'd have the gall to call any couple creepy!) but the actors certainly have little going on. Patty was a way better match for Barry.

Yea and far more likable and with more personality. Doesn't say much when a guest/recurring character is better than one of your leads.

Just watched this week's now.. the show has definitely lost the fun energy it had in the last 2 seasons. This more dramatic/serious tone they seem to be going for isn't working at all.

And I still don't like HR... bring back Harry, or even Evil Wells!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Kid Flash really needs to get a costume that fits. From the way he has to move his arms it looks like a jacket Michael Jackson would've worn with shoulder pads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It has been the biggest crutch the show has had to work with from day one & at this stage they're better off writing her out and bringing Patty back. I'm sure it'll guarantee more moping from Barry but it needs to be put to bed.

I've forgiven a lot of things in the name of fun times, but the Irish / Barry dynamic... well, isn't particularly dynamic and smells like a ropey variant of the tired "love of his life" trope. It's the worst kind of melodramatic cliché that pads out any thinly written romance plot, and anyone who has been infatuated with someone in real life knows that it's either false or just doesn't work out.

As you say the lusting is borderline incestuous, but the utter lack of chemistry is nearly worse: and I think those in the production know it. Even when they finally hooked up, the show conspicuously kept them apart and platonic. It doesn't help that Candice Patton has always looked a bit lost & bewildered on the show.

TL DR? Bring back Patty!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Yea and far more likable and with more personality. Doesn't say much when a guest/recurring character is better than one of your leads.

Just watched this week's now.. the show has definitely lost the fun energy it had in the last 2 seasons. This more dramatic/serious tone they seem to be going for isn't working at all.

And I still don't like HR... bring back Harry, or even Evil Wells!

I'm still a bit dubious towards HR. It's interesting in particular now that he has a role in the slightly changed future where he's in sniper position...yet doesn't do anything at all.

The show's previous two major villains were present from early on in the season, to make the big reveal more "gripping" so I don't think it's outside the realms of possibility that HR is either in league with or actually is Savitar (reverse flash was able to create a mirror image of himself so I don't see why a "god" of speed couldn't expand on that).

pixelburp wrote: »
    TL DR? Bring back Patty!

Or Felicity - seeing as they had a bit of a "will they, won't they" moment during one of the early crossovers too.

Yea Felicity would work for me .. er, I mean Barry, too! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I 2nd this..

i 3rd this

such a terrible character

Is it wrong of me to hope 'Shooter' gets cancelled just so they can bring back Patty? She had proper chemistry with Barry and they were actually a cute believable couple.
    Barry and Iris feel like chalk and cheese - what would they talk about when they got home? Probably their memories of growing up together when their dad Joe took them somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not helped by Joe referring to him as his son in the same episode.

That would be a strange wedding speech. "I'm delighted to see my son and daughter so happy together."
    He won't have to worry about welcoming him into the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I hope Barry has to let Iris die (for all the reasons stated above) because if he stops it, it would make another "Flash-point". I think it would give the season a full circle moment. Also keeps the trend of a death at the end of the season. I think Patty is gone, but much rather Snow/Barry. Also for HR to go and Tom Cavanagh to go fully this time. This coming back as a different wells is just silly.

Is it wrong of me to hope 'Shooter' gets cancelled just so they can bring back Patty?

Yes, yes it is.. I'm really enjoying that show :p The rest of your post I agree with though!

I think Patty is gone, but much rather Snow/Barry. Also for HR to go and Tom Cavanagh to go fully this time. This coming back as a different wells is just silly.

Actually yea... Caitlin and Barry would even be better than him and Iris. Would also give her a bit more to do than worrying about her (inevitable?) transformation into Killer Frost

Evil Wells was great, Harry was great... HR is just awful - basically the same character he played on Scrubs as JD's brother. Fun for the occasional episode, but not a season regular, and to be honest I actually think it's insulting to the actor as he's clearly capable of far more even within the confines of this show.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Evil Wells was great, Harry was great... HR is just awful - basically the same character he played on Scrubs as JD's brother. Fun for the occasional episode, but not a season regular, and to be honest I actually think it's insulting to the actor as he's clearly capable of far more even within the confines of this show.
    * bangs drum sticks and points them at Kaiser * I agree with Kaiser.

I'm holding out hope that the scene at the end indicates we're about to see an interesting turn with HR. He's a one-joke character that, while I don't have the same dislike as others here, isn't a patch on !Wells from Season 1 or Harry in Season 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Arrow is brilliant this season .flash is very very poor. I'm dissapointed with the production team and the very bad writing for each episode it feels kind of rushed and the dialogue is not great compared to season 1. My main problem is flashpoint and how everyone was affected and Barry messing things up the whole time.the show is not funny not gritty not even as interesting anymore they've ruined it. I think too many projects were taken on at the one time and every season a show from the 4 will be poor and affected. Legends of tomorrow very good this season btw

Advertisement