Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It does feel like they're going down the camp road a bit too much -- Zoom was a pretty excellent villain and it feels a bit like they have nowhere to go next. I would love one season where the main villain isn't a speester. A whole cast of "metahumans" with powers ranging across the board and yet that's what they're consistently coming back to.

Agreed on the speedsters, they need to stop that for next season.. It's become so predictable at this point that you could tell who the evil speedster is when hidden among the rest of the cast before it's revealed.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Agreed on the speedsters, they need to stop that for next season.. It's become so predictable at this point that you could tell who the evil speedster is when hidden among the rest of the cast.

Yea, like, the start of this season seemed excellent - the Alchemist, who was masked and awesome looking, with a really cool potential cult, and could do really cool things like turn people into metahumans and then.. nope.. Speedster.

Yea, like, the start of this season seemed excellent - the Alchemist, who was masked and awesome looking, with a really cool potential cult, and could do really cool things like turn people into metahumans and then.. nope.. Speedster.

What should've been done is, the whole Julian/Alchemy should not have been made known, even though it was as obvious as day, the ripple effects of Flashpoint would've spilled over as the season progressed, Wally would still get his speed, Barry vanishes into the speed force in the mid-season for reasons unknown. So it falls to H.R and the rest of Team Flash to train Wally using Eobard/Wells methods from the first season.

Julian/Alchemy & cult assemble the rogue metahumans as their army to take over Central City to prepare for Savitar when he'd eventually return from the Speed Force.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I thought that was absolute rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Wasn't the best episode, although at least we got to see the proper Wells for a while

• Advertisement

Yea.. it was kind of pants. Having the characters talk like they're possessed just seemed silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Not the best at all and the CGI was pretty ropey at times, particularly in the arena battle.

I think this show is running out of steam rapidly which is a pity as the first 2 seasons were great. Too much going on at production level with all the various spin-offs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Wait until the
    Glee
    episode. I think I'll skip that week. Even the acclaimed Buffy episode was grating and that must be nearly 20 years ago already...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Not the best at all and the CGI was pretty ropey at times, particularly in the arena battle.

I thought the CGI in the arena battle was great.

Taltos wrote: »
    Wait until the
    Glee
    episode. I think I'll skip that week. Even the acclaimed Buffy episode was grating and that must be nearly 20 years ago already...

.. huh?

Really?

Is that actually going to be a thing?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

.. huh?

Really?

Is that actually going to be a thing?!

Yep, its
    a two episode crossover with Supergirl with Darren Criss, another Glee alum playing Music Meister. Malcolm Merlyn , Joe West, Winn from Supergirl and Professor Stein who are all played by Broadway veterans along with Cisco will be singing along with Flash and Supergirl .

Yep, it a two episode crossover with Supergirl with Darren Criss, another Glee alum playing Music Meister. Malcolm Merlyn , Joe West, Winn from Supergirl and Professor Stein who are all played by Broadway veterans along with Cisco will be singing along with Flash and Supergirl .

As opposed to Buffy at least these casts can actually sing and Music Meister is a real rouge and not made up for the fun of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

As opposed to Buffy at least these casts can actually sing and Music Meister is a real rouge and not made up for the fun of it.

Yeah but my worry will be the quality of the songs rather than the singing, which is what made the Buffy musical episode so great imo. The songs (or at least most of the songs) need to have real emotional weight behind them to warrant doing a musical episode, otherwise it will just be a gimmick.

In fairness though, that's what made much of the Aliens Crossover episodes good. Each part stayed true to the shows and characters of the individual episodes which helped it feel like it wasn't just being done for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah but my worry will be the quality of the songs rather than the singing, which is what made the Buffy musical episode so great imo. The songs (or at least most of the songs) need to have real emotional weight behind them to warrant doing a musical episode, otherwise it will just be a gimmick.

In fairness though, that's what made much of the Aliens Crossover episodes good. Each part stayed true to the shows and characters of the individual episodes which helped it feel like it wasn't just being done for the sake of it.

Rachel Bloom from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend has written a
    comedy song called Super Friends that will be sang by Flash and Supergirl

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Any chance you could put that stuff in spoilers? It refers to items past the US pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Not very progressive this week; girl with superpowers seeks help from guy with superpowers and is left at home to wait while guy saves day. Did they even have a bull**** excuse as to why Jessie/Flash didn't just run into GC grab Welles and get out? Gross's plan relied and Jessie getting Barry's help and then on Barry bringing Cisco, pretty elaborate considering the ending when it's revealed he's somehow managed to capture Female Vibe anyway.

Were these episodes filmed later than the first half of the season? Did anyone else think Wally looked a lot taller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Apart from maybe the last 2.5 seconds, that episode was pretty terrible.

If Barry was trying all combinations of numbers, shouldn't the digits have been going from 00000 to 99999? And why did the sand stop coming out of the sandbag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No other comments on last week? Wow... says a lot.

This week was a massive improvement (despite some character stupidity)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭somuj

Mr E wrote: »
    No other comments on last week? Wow... says a lot.

This week was a massive improvement (despite some character stupidity)

With any luck Wally will not return.

Megatron must not be a fraction of his speed outside the speed force. Disappointed with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Calling it now.
    Wally
    is Savitar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Calling it now.
    Wally
    is Savitar

No it's definitely the cop who killed himself in series one. The guy who was going out with Iris.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

What makes you think it's him?
    Assume Wally will be forced to work for Meagtron and he is the one that betrays the team? Nice having Earth 2 wells back, hopefully HR will go away soon.
    I think the esp would have worked better if Grodd and maybe a few aps leaped to Earth 1, because they could not open a breech big enough for all them and needed something in Star Labs to make a bigger breech.
    The whole thing with the nukes was not great. Plus there a giant gorilla army just hanging around the forest near the city for a least a day and did noting.

Assume Wally will be forced to work for Meagtron and he is the one that betrays the team? Nice having Earth 2 wells back, hopefully HR will go away soon.
    I think the esp would have worked better if Grodd and maybe a few aps leaped to Earth 1, because they could not open a breech big enough for all them and needed something in Star Labs to make a bigger breech.
    The whole thing with the nukes was not great. Plus there a giant gorilla army just hanging around the forest near the city for a least a day and did noting.

Eh.

Is Megatron not in Transformers..?

This show has gone so silly that it's hard to tell when someone is serious or joking, so I just give up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Savitar looks a lot like a pound shop version of meagtron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

www.thewrap.com/flash-alum-rick-cosnett-announces-im-coming-back/

David Dastmalchian has been cast as
    Abra Kadabra
    , who has been described for the show
    as a criminal from a distant future whose advanced technological powers seem like magic, the time-traveling Abra Kadabra holds a secret the Flash will stop at nothing to uncover.

Spoiler tagged just in case, as I know a few people here don't read the comics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Calling it now.
    Wally
    is Savitar

Ya, it's sort the Arrow/Flash way of doing things. I'd either bet on that or
    Wally being thrown into the speed force is what helps him to stop Savitar and save Iris

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Calling it now.
    Wally
    is Savitar

I had the feeling of that during the episode

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Yeah the show went a bit odd when just about everybody started becoming the flash, i know it's all thanks to the hole politically correct world we live in today but it's just stupid. We go from the flash to the flash squad, so why isn't their catman. How can actually any villians compete with 3 people who can run about 1,000 mph, other then the gorilla who had no issue keeping up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Just not liking this season at all

Julian has been a nice addition tho

I think I know we're there going and I feel it's going to be terrible

Advertisement