Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Sorry i don't know what ye are on about but that was awful, pure self indulgence by the cast, fun for them maybe but awful. I enjoy watching the flash but episodes like this have no place in the show.
    Fast forwarded through the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

lafors wrote: »
    Sorry i don't know what ye are on about but that was awful, pure self indulgence by the cast, fun for them maybe but awful. I enjoy watching the flash but episodes like this have no place in the show.

Yeah, well that's just your opinion man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yeah, well that's just your opinion man.

100% correct :)
    Loads here seemed to enjoy it so as you say it's my opinion, I've no problem that you all enjoyed it ;)
    Would be interested to see if they lost/gained viewership with an episode like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,220 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So Cisco vibes them into the dream.... thing. They run around in the dream, chat a bit and kiss their respective loved ones, which brings them out of the dream to the real world where they are also kissing their respective loved ones. I don't understand how the vibe works. Is it like a VR headset and they are running around the room they are actually in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So Cisco vibes them into the dream.... thing. They run around in the dream, chat a bit and kiss their respective loved ones, which brings them out of the dream to the real world where they are also kissing their respective loved ones. I don't understand how the vibe works. Is it like a VR headset and they are running around the room they are actually in?

Ha, yeah, I thought that was weird too. Surely a bit creepy too for the other people in the room when Iris and Mon-El started kissing two people who were clearly unconscious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

lafors wrote: »

It wasn't my thing at all either but I guess it wasn't as awful as I was anticipating. It added nothing by the end so just seemed a waste of an episode.

Hopefully it does NOT become an annual thing.

I'm glad I'm not alone at least :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

What a filler episode but I guess it served a purpose, although having Supergirl threaten violence on her boyfriend did seem a bit "off"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cisco vibed them to the dream and once the dream ended they were returned to normal earth 1 (You know the non dream version) doing what they were last doing in the dream... kissing their partners :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

jonnycivic wrote:
    Cisco vibed them to the dream and once the dream ended they were returned to normal earth 1 (You know the non dream version) doing what they were last doing in the dream... kissing their partners

But the dream wasn't a physical world, so they wouldn't have gone anywhere.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nope, couldn't do it. My tolerance for musicals extends as far as Flight of the Concords, Avenue Q, & Muppet movies and no more; we cant abide them so both myself and the GF lasted about 15 minutes before turning off. Just not for me and I hope doesn't become a yearly thing.

So for those who did watch through, was their anything arc-related worth taking from that musical interlude?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

pixelburp wrote: »

So for those who did watch through, was their anything arc-related worth taking from that musical interlude?

Nothing just, Flash
    Barry proposing to Iris again
    and Supergirl
    Kara forgave Mon-El for lying to her

It was basically a filler episode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Lirange

Am I the only one that found the relationship fluff much more cringe inducing than the actual singing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Gah, thought we were going to get it there. The way AK was talking though it doesn't sound like
    Barry is Savitar which would have been one of my more preferred routes for them to take at this stage.

As an aside the actor who plays Abra Kadabra was in Gotham as well earlier this year. Also appeared in The Dark Knight. Blokes likes the genre clearly. :P

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Gah, thought we were going to get it there. The way AK was talking though it doesn't sound like
    Barry is Savitar which would have been one of my more preferred routes for them to take at this stage.

As an aside the actor who plays Abra Kadabra was in Gotham as well earlier this year. Also appeared in The Dark Knight. Blokes likes the genre clearly. :P

He was in Ant Man too. Next episode isn't until 25th of April

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Ah you're right! I remember he was the quirky foreign friend/room mate.

Shame about the 1 month break, hate the way this is the norm for shows now. Gotham has taken the piss with its latest return/break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A pretty good episode actually. Better than a lot of the recent ones. My biggest complaint was when Julian told Barry to get the (thingymabobber), Barry literally ran at normal human speed :D

Abra Kadabra was cheesy in all the best ways. Really hope we haven't seen the last of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

In the promo for the next episode, directed by Tom Cavangh, there's a glimpse of a
    new suit

Also anyone think Abra Kadabra gave away the big bad for next season, mentioned him after Zoom,can't recall what the name was.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    In the promo for the next episode, directed by Tom Cavangh, there's a glimpse of a
    new suit

Also anyone think Abra Kadabra gave away the big bad for next season, mentioned him after Zoom,can't recall what the name was.

Yeah a load of sites are asking the same question. The name he mentioned is
    Devoe which is probably The Thinker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Penn wrote:
    A pretty good episode actually. Better than a lot of the recent ones. My biggest complaint was when Julian told Barry to get the (thingymabobber), Barry literally ran at normal human speed

What about when Gypsy created the portal into the corridor outside the cell and then ran in to stop Joe setting AK free.

So Barry won't go back in time to change the past any more - but if he goes to the future and learns stuff to change the present, that is changing the past of the future. Its not really any different. Just flashpoint from another perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

So Barry won't go back in time to change the past any more - but if he goes to the future and learns stuff to change the present, that is changing the past of the future. Its not really any different. Just flashpoint from another perspective.

My thoughts on this are he knows the end result of a certain date - so that future occurs as a result of his knowledge of the future and what he does to rewrite it - so going into the future is just another event that he will have undertaken, leading to an inevitable future....Sorry, that's woefully written

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, so predestination paradox.
    When Vibe was looking at the future this week, it made me think that he doesn't actually have the ability to see the future and is just seeing Barry's vision of the future and that's just from when he first travelled. So they could be making changes and that vision would stay the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When Vibe was looking at the future this week, it made me think that he doesn't actually have the ability to see the future and is just seeing Barry's vision of the future and that's just from when he first travelled. So they could be making changes and that vision would stay the same.

This post sent me off reading this wiki article which is actually fairly interesting. I think it's like a self fulfilling prophecy
    A self-fulfilling prophecy may be a form of causality loop, only when the prophecy can be said to be truly known to occur, since only then events in the future will be causing effects in the past. Otherwise, it would be a simple case of events in the past causing events in the future.

He has seen the future, next weeks episode makes it seem as though that future comes true, so all moves he's making, ideas he's having on how to stop that future from occurring, are still part of the past, that paves that future

I think I get what you're saying about Cisco though, how do we know Barry will react the exact same way, say the exact same words - you'd think if he gets to that point in the future he won't stop up and say "Please I'm begging you", and just try to get there in time?

we've seen the vibe change thogh - HR/Wells was standing on a statue doing nothing with a gun, which wasn't there originally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

we've seen the vibe change thogh - HR/Wells was standing on a statue doing nothing with a gun, which wasn't there originally.
    That wasn't noticed originally, but since he doesn't seem to actually do anything, it could easily have been there all along, and still be there, but having no impact on the ground where all the focus has been.

Johnmb wrote: »
    That wasn't noticed originally, but since he doesn't seem to actually do anything, it could easily have been there all along, and still be there, but having no impact on the ground where all the focus has been.

Would seem odd to have written the script to specifically state he hadn't been there before and thus it was proof they could change the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, at the time Barry had only been there once before and that time he was pretty much solely focussed on Iris dying so didn't see Wells

Yeah, at the time Barry had only been there once before and that time he was pretty much solely focussed on Iris dying so didn't see Wells

No - they vibed it after the initial run there, which is where the got the original list of new stories, Cisco was part of that. They then stopped a robbery or Kid Flash did something instead (can't remember) and they vibed it again - seeing the story changed and Cisco pointing out Wells, and both Barry and Cisco stating that he hadn't been there before and this was proof that they could effect the future and thus save Iris.

It could be that by the end of the season the writers have changed their mind and it isn't possible to save Iris by changing the future, but as it stands they have specifically stated that it is possible and they used changes in the vibe as proof. To say there have been no changes in the vibe is inaccurate based on the story as it has been presented to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

Why doesn't barry just ask gideon who savitar is? After all gideon is from the 24th century i.e the future ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Why doesn't barry just ask gideon who savitar is? After all gideon is from the 24th century i.e the future ��

Good point, never thought of that

Advertisement