Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Gideon is one of the most annoying things about flash. And it's complete under use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Why doesn't barry just ask gideon who savitar is? After all gideon is from the 24th century i.e the future ��

It's to drag out the story. If they asked Gideon who Savitar is and how to defeat him the minute they encounter him then the story would be resolved within an episode or two. They would then need another big bad to fill the rest of the season. Savitar is too big a villain to be sidelined to only two or three episodes in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

It's to drag out the story. If they asked Gideon who Savitar is and how to defeat him the minute they encounter him then the story would be resolved within an episode or two. They would then need another big bad to fill the rest of the season. Savitar is too big a villain to be sidelined to only two or three episodes in the season.
    True, however it's also such a plot hole considering the level of intellect in Star labs

"I'm going to run to the future"

Instead of

"I'm going to ask the interactive technology I made in the future"

With that said - it's a plot hole I hadn't thought of until now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

If the reverse flash never existed, why is Gideon there and this also means the explosion never would have happened. So many plot holes in this show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

D'Agger wrote: »
    True, however it's also such a plot hole considering the level of intellect in Star labs

"I'm going to run to the future"

Instead of

"I'm going to ask the interactive technology I made in the future"

With that said - it's a plot hole I hadn't thought of until now!

Did AK not take the power source or something important though for his timeship? Seeing as that ship then went through the wormhole without him, that part is now lost as well?

IE: no more Gideon?

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Did AK not take the power source or something important though for his timeship? Seeing as that ship then went through the wormhole without him, that part is now lost as well?

IE: no more Gideon?
    Ah yes....for some reason I had it in my head that when they caught him, they got that back

Re: Reverse Flash, he pretty much restored the timeline but changed a few things I thought, so possible that Gideon would be there, if he recreated the explosion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

If eobhard shot himself, therefore his lineage never exists. How does Barry's mother get killed, his father go to jail and I know he was gonna gain his powers eventually, but not as early as he did.

I think they need to explain these things somehow, feel like they just glossed over it and hoped nobody would question what's happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Actually, Thawne brought Gideon from the future into the past. However, in trying to get back to the future, Eddie kills himself so Thawne never exists.

But, if Thawne didn't exist, he couldn't go back in time, which means Eddie wouldn't have had a reason to kill himself, which meant Thawne would have existed... therefore a Paradox.

The speedforce can correct some paradoxes. Such as keeping the present in place after Eddie dies and removes Thawne from existence. Flashpoint was too big however for the speedforce to correct and sustain, hence how Savitar was able to come to be and how Thawne is now an aberration who shouldn't exist.

This in a way might also explain Gideon. Thawne brought Gideon back from his version of the future. However, because Thawne was then removed from existence at the end of Season 1, maybe the version of the future Gideon knew no longer existed which meant she wouldn't have known who Zoom was, because he hadn't existed in the future she knew. Same with Savitar.

I just can't remember if they've used or communicated with Gideon since the end of Season 1.

Good explanation, thanks

I don't think they've shown Gideon interactions, but they've been looking at the Article by Iris West which Gideon would need to pull up?

D'Agger wrote: »
    Good explanation, thanks

I don't think they've shown Gideon interactions, but they've been looking at the Article by Iris West which Gideon would need to pull up?

My only guess there is Flashpoint. Maybe because of Flashpoint Gideon was somehow still able to keep the article (with the changed author now that Flashpoint created Savitar and kills Iris) but doesn't know who Savitar is.

But yeah, it's a shame they haven't mentioned it or even given some type of "Thawne destroyed Gideon's AI before we defeated him" throwaway comment that would have covered themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

I love the show but thsts some load of crap as to why gideon isn't involved even though barry created gideon in the future to which he has now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So will we see Savitar been created in the future eg the next episode
    also the date in the article in the time vault
    or is it the present I wonder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

Surely if hes goin to 2024 he should come back with the lotto numbers never mind savitars identity

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Footage and pictures of The Flash 3rd season finale have made their way online. A
    funeral scene
    was shot, so someone will perish at season's end,
    John Wesley Shipp
    Michelle Harrison
    &
    Jessica Camacho
    were spotted on set with the rest of the cast..
    Grant Gustin
    snapped hugging everyone and kissing
    Candice Patton

So my guesses are
    Barry sacrifices/surrenders himself to the speedforce
    to get
    Jay Garrick
    free.

OR

Something like
    Future Barry from 2024
    comes back to present day near the end, upsetting the proverbial apple cart and forcing the
    Speedforce
    to correct this.

OR

I could be completely off with both theories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

All the long gaps between episodes are really starting to piss me off...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

In this day and age these breaks are feeling increasingly archaic and annoying. Not just Flash either but a host of my regulars such as Elementary or The 100 are on weird on/off schedules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,839 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AoS have worked out how to do these breaks right.

Yeah; having related but separate arcs within the season at least prevents the break in the flow of the story.

In the days of Netflix and Prime dumping their entire season for binge watching these breaks are getting more and more annoying, they seem so random.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Yeah; having related but separate arcs within the season at least prevents the break in the flow of the story.

In the days of Netflix and Prime dumping their entire season for binge watching these breaks are getting more and more annoying, they seem so random.
    In fairness with Prime and Netflix how many programmes do they do a year. A tv station could not do that so the comparison can not be made.

Yes this long break is a pain and maybe they should change it like instead of this long break have a couple of mini breaks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Footage and pictures of The Flash 3rd season finale have made their way online. A
    funeral scene
    was shot, so someone will perish at season's end,
    John Wesley Shipp
    Michelle Harrison
    &
    Jessica Camacho
    were spotted on set with the rest of the cast..
    Grant Gustin
    snapped hugging everyone and kissing
    Candice Patton

So my guesses are
    Barry sacrifices/surrenders himself to the speedforce
    to get
    Jay Garrick
    free.

OR

Something like
    Future Barry from 2024
    comes back to present day near the end, upsetting the proverbial apple cart and forcing the
    Speedforce
    to correct this.

OR

I could be completely off with both theories.

The self control not to read that is incredible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Really good episode this week. Dark as hell though... the future sucks.

Mr E wrote: »
    Really good episode this week. Dark as hell though... the future sucks.

Also cliffhanger ending..

Good episode. Hopefully we find out who Savitar is in the next episode and we can focus on the proper endgame. The sooner this season is over and we can move on to hopefully a better storyline and enemy the better.

Everyone's waiting to find out who Savitar is..

This is the most dragged out evil speedster reveal since The Flash started 3 years ago.

Still think that they've completely wasted Mirror Master. That's a season long antagonist right there

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Everyone's waiting to find out who Savitar is..

This is the most dragged out evil speedster reveal since The Flash started 3 years ago.
    I actually think I prefer it - the last reveal felt like it came too early and allowed them time to undo some of the work they'd done in making Zoom a cool villain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't he's a speedster at all and the suit gives him the powers. Maybe Ronnie Raymond, which is why he looks to ally with Killer Frost.

One suggestion I saw after what future Barry said, is it's a time remnant. Future Barry said Savitar destroyed most of them, which means at least one remiained an dthe suit keeps the wriaths away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Time remnant would be a cheap tactic for me, and I'd prefer it at this stage if Barry was left out of it. Seeing how broken he was in 2024 I just couldn't see any form of Barry, time remnant gone mad or not, ever hurting any form of Iris. If it ends like that then they've done a bad job of building it.

Going by the end though and Wally's state, it has to be someone close. I fear it is Barry. Though mind you of it was Barry you'd think his presence would have at least caused a flicker of emotion upon Wally's face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,220 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So. Many. Questions.

Emo barry was hilarious.
    If they broke up almost immediately after the death of Iris - who made his new suit?
    If Killer Frost knows who Savitar is, and Savitar was defeated why doesn't anyone else know.
    If no one else knows who Savitar was, why does Frost assume past Barry will find out (and be so suprised).
    If a speedforce trap was created - it was created, why couldn't barry just get a version of the one that has already been created?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think the trick to enjoying this show is not to overthink it and just go with the flow.

Advertisement