Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Just to reiterate my feeling over the poor writing in general this season, I honestly don't know why Julian is so accepted in the team. Often quick to judge without a hint of irony over his own actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JamboMac wrote: »
    That's my theory, we'll find out next season. But he must have been in some disaster to melt his face. Some radiation blast maybe. Maybe he gained his speed but a different way.

It's a solid theory, I'd say we'll find out before seasons end, actually the
    why and how Barry became what he did
    will be explained next week.

And the spoiler filled post about the finale I posted a few pages back, I'm thinking
    the speedforce will appear as Nora leading Barry to sacrifice himself in exchange for Jay Garrick's freedom to the speedforce to atone for his mistakes and to finally put an end to Savitar.

That's what I'm thinking anyways, why else would they bring back
    Michelle Harrison
    for the finale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So essentially Savitar is Flashpoint Barry without speed basically, hence the suit?

My theory is that Barry is a time remnant and the suit prevents him from being taken?
    That's my theory, we'll find out next season. But he must have been in some disaster to melt his face. Some radiation blast maybe. Maybe he gained his speed but a different way.

I am....Chernobyl Flash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

If you have news about a future episode (from spoilerfix, ausiello etc.), then most people don't want to know (no, really - they prefer to be surprised by major plot developments and twists).
    - If you feel it should be posted anyway, please use [ spoiler ] tags (to give people the option of reading them or not). Also contextualise the spoiler by saying what it's about outside of the spoiler tag (Spoiler about Season Finale, Spoiler about Character Exit, etc.
    Would that sentence from the charter now not encompass video streaming sites as they didn't exist in 2010 to the extent they do now.

Charter probably needs a revamp as tech has moved forward.

D'Agger wrote: »
    My theory is that Barry is a time remnant and the suit prevents him from being taken?

I am....Chernobyl Flash

Yeah basically chernobyl flash and the suit is to stabilise otherwise he'd go nuclear or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think the new lady scientist (Tracey?) told HR that the suit was made out of something sciency which was allowing him to harness more of the Speedforce and that's why he's so much faster than Barry.

Would that sentence from the charter now not encompass video streaming sites as they didn't exist in 2010 to the extent they do now.

Charter probably needs a revamp as tech has moved forward.

There's an Online TV subforum for shows that are from streaming sites like Netflix & Amazon Prime.

Penn wrote: »
    There's an Online TV subforum for shows that are from streaming sites like Netflix & Amazon Prime.

Since you can't watch american channels through any other kind of service, how would people be ascertaining here?

Here's a question if savitar is barry from the future and the speed force told barry that he is no longer allowed go back in time to mess with the past, which timeline is he from? Seems like he would have to be from one where he ignores everybody for his own benefit. Could he be the speedforce?

Since you can't watch american channels through any other kind of service, how would people be ascertaining here?

If you mean that since American channels can't be viewed here then the thread should be spoilered until episodes have aired on a channel over here, then again, this thread is called The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]. Once an episode has aired in the US, discussion about the episode doesn't need to be spoilered in this thread.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    If you mean that since American channels can't be viewed here then the thread should be spoilered until episodes have aired on a channel over here, then again, this thread is called The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]. Once an episode has aired in the US, discussion about the episode doesn't need to be spoilered in this thread.

No you gave me a link to a sub forum which is irrelevant to what is stated in the charter all i said is the charter needs to be updated since what i have highlighted clearly encompasses channels streamed from the US.

I am not offended by the spoiler, but some people may have been. Whats the big deal with hiding it behind the grey stuff.

No you gave me a link to a sub forum which is irrelevant to what is stated in the charter all i said is the charter needs to be updated since what i have highlighted clearly encompasses channels streamed from the US.

And again, the thread title clearly dictates that it's for discussion of the show following the US pace. What streaming services or other ways of getting it people use is irrelevant. Once the episode airs in the US, it's fair game for discussion here.
    I am not offended by the spoiler, but some people may have been. Whats the big deal with hiding it behind the grey stuff.

Because it doesn't need to be spoiler tagged. The thread title is the spoiler warning. There's no need to spoiler tag it once the episode aired in the US. Anyone who enters the thread at that stage before watching the episode does so at the risk of seeing spoilers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

The only solution is to go back and create an alternate timeline where
    spoilers are mandatory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The only solution is to go back and create an alternate timeline where
    spoilers are mandatory

But won't that cause
    spoilerpoint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Don't forget the
    thread remnants.

I'll get me coat.

But won't that cause
    spoilerpoint

Are we not in one already, I'm just wondering which one of us is savitar.:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh man we got three more episodes of this? You know you've lost enthusiasm for a show when a season starts to drag. At least that "surprise" is finally out of the bag & we can all move on from the endless teasing.

Slightly off topic but Flash related as Tom & Grant are involved, but I'm curious to see this short film they've been working on.

Synopsis for the finale.
    With nothing left to lose, Barry takes on Savitar in an epic conclusion to season three.

Also the message from 2056 Barry Allen earlier in Legends Of Tomorrow Season 2 does tie into the Savitar reveal according to Andrew Kreisberg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

pixelburp wrote: »
    Oh man we got three more episodes of this? You know you've lost enthusiasm for a show when a season starts to drag. At least that "surprise" is finally out of the bag & we can all move on from the endless teasing.
    It's gotten awful now at this stage. Compare flash and arrow to Agents of Shield and both are severely lacking story wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

One thing that's bugging me from the episode is; 2017 Barry travels to the future to 2024 Barry, who says straight up that he never found out who Savitar was. Speed forward to the end of the episode and Savitar reveals himself to Barry... so how could 2024 Barry not know...

One thing that's bugging me from the episode is; 2017 Barry travels to the future to 2056 Barry, who says straight up that he never found out who Savitar was. Speed forward to the end of the episode and Savitar reveals himself to Barry... so how could 2056 Barry not know...

You mean 2024?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

One thing that's bugging me from the episode is; 2017 Barry travels to the future to 2024 Barry, who says straight up that he never found out who Savitar was. Speed forward to the end of the episode and Savitar reveals himself to Barry... so how could 2024 Barry not know...

Simple, The Flash isn't very well written anymore and I suspect even the writers haven't quite joined the dots of their own puzzle. They obviously thought this would be some AMAZING twist and didn't think it through too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

I mean the writing isn't great but it seems to me to be that current Barry has the experience of travelling to the future that 2024 Barry didn't so is already different. With his different experiences he figured it out. Which is why he raced off to Savitar and Savitar revealed himself.

The flash is like the local chinese take away one day they have a good chef the next day they have a terrible one. Maybe they just think we are amazed by flashy graphics and that we should be amazed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Because when 2017 Flash returned from 2024 with future knowledge, he had created a new timeline - one where he has the information to trap Savitar 7 years earlier than normal, one where Iris may not die, Cisco may not lose his hands and Barry has all the info he needs to work out who Savitar is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

While current time line Barry was in 2024 he was trapped and until he returned home the time line wouldn't have changed to him knowing Savitars identity.

Or 2024 Barry was lying because... Reasons?

Otacon wrote: »
    Because when 2017 Flash returned from 2024 with future knowledge, he had created a new timeline - one where he has the information to trap Savitar 7 years earlier than normal, one where Iris may not die, Cisco may not lose his hands and Barry has all the info he needs to work out who Savitar is.

Exactly. To create a time loop, there needs to be an unaltered alternate version of the future which sets into motion the events of the time loop.

A sizzle reel of the last few episodes has been released, won't post it as it spoiler heavy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    A sizzle reel of the last few episodes has been released, won't post it as it spoiler heavy.
    I think the flash writers are already doing their damnest to spoil it.

Advertisement