Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Saw the trailer this morning on Facebook - talk about spoiler-heavy!

I don't know why they cut trailers like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Blazer wrote: »
    I think the flash writers are already doing their damnest to spoil it.
    Mr E wrote: »
    Saw the trailer this morning on Facebook - talk about spoiler-heavy!

I don't know why they cut trailers like that.

The writers have no input in promos or sizzle reels. It's the marketing team that put together these videos with the intention of keeping viewers excited about their show. It's the same with casting news, just look at arrow. Guggenheim revealed casting news for upcoming episodes that if they had kept quiet the reveal would have been much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So Savitar must be a Barry from pre Flashpoint and because the reason he became Savitar then is no more Savitar is creating the reason for Barry to become Savitar. My head hurts:P
    My guess is someone death put him over the edge and tried to stop it by getting faster got faster but caused his scarring and need the suit not to speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I think Savitar is the Barry shaking his head in the room while Nora Allen is killed by Thawne, he knows the cost of changing the past and has exhausted every option to do so, so he is there to warn Barry not to do it and as he was ignored begins killing every time paradox duplicate he can get his hands on. Leaving only him Savitar and current Barry as the only two left.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I think Savitar is the Barry shaking his head in the room while Nora Allen is killed by Thawne, he knows the cost of changing the past and has exhausted every option to do so, so he is there to warn Barry not to do it and as he was ignored begins killing every time paradox duplicate he can get his hands on. Leaving only him Savitar and current Barry as the only two left.

The only problem with that is he is not trying to kill Barry he is trying to make him Savitar

• Advertisement

Best episode of the season. The Flash works best when Barry isn't miserable.
    Perfect blend of comedy, drama, action and some heart string pulling.

Hope they learn from that for Season 4.

#MFGA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

So going by last nights episode, if they stop Savitar before he kills Iris then Wally goes back to being a regular kid?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Savitar Barry said he needed two things, the obvious one we know being Iris dying, and the 2nd being "ironic given who I am talking to" , any ideas what the 2nd thing is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the writers trying to think of one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,144 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Savitar Barry said he needed two things, the obvious one we know being Iris dying, and the 2nd being "ironic given who I am talking to" , any ideas what the 2nd thing is?

I took it that it was ironic that he was going to keep it to himself, considering he was talking to himself, as opposed to the thing he's after being ironic in and of itself.

Good episode overall. The court scene and Barry's initial reaction to his memory loss were great. However, we've now clearly seen that Barry losing and regaining his memories made Savitar do the same. If Barry comes up with a plan or even knows the plan to defeat Savitar, then cause and effect will dictate Savitar becomes aware of it too. Maybe the key to stopping Savitar is for the others to work out a plan and defeat him without Barry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Mr E wrote: »
    Best episode of the season. The Flash works best when Barry isn't miserable.
    We were both saying the same here. A light-hearted Barry "Bart" Allen suits Grant Gustin's strengths a lot more. It was the same in the musical episode too - he's much better when he's brooding less. That's what I missed about Season 1 when he was enthusiastic and upbeat. Leave the grumpiness to Oliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Good theory Penn, probably the best way to end a poor season.

Wasn't mad about this episode but it did raise some interesting points. Based on Wally's loss of power mirroring Savitar's loss of memory I wonder if that would mean Wally will lose his power if Savitar is defeated?

I've no idea what that was in King Shark's possession but it seems like next week will be more filler dressed as a key part of their plan to beat Savitar. It would have suited the narrative better if it was deduced that they needed to suck energy from a speedster for the weapon to work. Logic would suggest that it should be Wally given he's the speedster that shouldn't exist in the timeline. It would have led to a tighter story instead of having Shark take away from Savitar for an episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ben Gadot wrote: »

I've no idea what that was in King Shark's possession but it seems like next week will be more filler dressed as a key part of their plan to beat Savitar.

I think what he is guarding is something related to the
    dominators

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought King Shark was imprisoned somewhere? I guess he is but just being used as a guard dog.

Caitlin to turn on Savitar, which is the unseen event that helps defeat him?

So this Savitar is an earlier version of the Savitar that was controlling Julian, which is why Wally didn't get his powers?
    In theory if Savitar doesn't have his memories then Savitar shouldn't actually exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Also, if Savitar is beaten, and logic (can I even say that in this show) would state that Wally would lose his powers, then so would yer one on Earth 2...

Still haven't figured out exactly who Savitar is, will have to watch that part again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Also, if Savitar is beaten, and logic (can I even say that in this show) would state that Wally would lose his powers, then so would yer one on Earth 2...

Still haven't figured out exactly who Savitar is, will have to watch that part again...

Wally shouldn't lose his powers. He lost then in the episode as both savitar and Barry lost there memories so savitar never gave Wally the powers. Ur wan on earth 2 got hers last season so she will still have her powers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

found this on Youtube

> Savitar kills Iris
    > Future Barry creates time remnants to help him defeat Savitar
    > Savitar kills all remnants except one
    > That one time remnant helps future Barry capture Savitar

this all happened after Iris died so everyone is broken

> Now that Savitar is dealt with we have future Barry and his time remnant living in the same timeline
    > The entire Flash team mistreats time remnant as if he was only a "disposable hero"
    > Time remnant, sad, broken and left alone, decides that if he wants to not feel the pain he needs to become god
    > He travels back in time and finds Philosopher's stone and becomes Savitar

> In order to ensure his existance in future Savitar now needs to make present Barry submit to darkness in order for Savitar to be born
    > Savitar sets on a task to kill Iris

what would happen

> Savitar kills Iris
    > Future Barry creates time remnants to help him defeat Savitar

endless loop

You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

What was the philosophers stone? How did it give people their powers from flashpoint? How did he control Julian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

How does one break a closed loop then, he mentioned killing himself but I can't remember the retort Savitar gave, if the articles online have taught me anything it's that Bill Murrays approach in Groundhog day of loving thy neighbour is the only way

Play Savitar a bit'a Sonny & Cher, see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

JamboMac wrote: »
    What if savitar is
    Barry when he has entered the speedforce hasn't he seen himself to his left and right,
    maybe it's a clone.

From 15/3/2017, I was actually sort of right.:D

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    he mentioned killing himself but I can't remember the retort Savitar gave

He points out how Eddie killed himself to kill Reverse Flash, but Reverse Flash managed to come back, then said the thing about the time travel is that the more you do it, the less the rules apply to you. So he's basically saying that due to cause and effect even if Barry killed himself, it might not kill Savitar because of how they both exist throughout the timeline by travelling back and forth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I would think that nay time loop must be ended by the time traveler killing themselves. I don't think there is any logical reason why this would not be the case.

Also I hope they don't return Caitlin to being the bland character she was before Killer Frost came along.

LLMMLL wrote: »
    What was the philosophers stone? How did he control Julian?

Well he knew Julian wanted it to give to Voldemort before Harry got it.

And if they change Caitlin back, can she keep the outfit? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭dogbert27

SO if the whole thing is down to Barry's memories why don't the rest of the team take Iris somewhere without telling Barry until after the date Iris is supposed to die. This will change the future time line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

So that happened :P pretty sure they used the face swap tech it's just a matter of who?

Possibly HR but how would they have replaced Iris. Pretty sure Savitar was keeping her close by at all times

Well HR realised something. But what happened to having him on the roof with a gun? I assumed that was the bazooka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I'll hold my hands up,
    I didn't think they'd do it. Really nice moments in this episode, shows you what they're capable of if they bother with putting the effort in.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Possibly HR but how would they have replaced Iris. Pretty sure Savitar was keeping her close by at all times

Well HR realised something. But what happened to having him on the roof with a gun? I assumed that was the bazooka.

Just watched there. When Barry tries hitting Savitar with the bazooka, Savitar drops Iris and spends a few seconds dodging it behind where Barry was, which means there were a few seconds where neither Barry nor Savitar would have seen if HR switched with Iris.

But... Iris just lets HR take her place? I mean, she kinda already accepted her fate and no way HR had enough time to explain to her how it was his fault she was captured and that he was okay with sacrificing himself instead. And Joe doesn't see HR and Iris switch from his position on the rooftop?

My only possible guess at this point is (spoilering it even though just a guess)
    Jessie Quick. If HR contacted her (since they bonded last time she was about) and got her to switch him and Iris using her speed (as Wally was incapacitated)... I'd be okay with that. That would actually work quite well, it'd explain how it was done fast, how Joe didn't see and how Iris didn't let HR sacrifice himself because she didn't have a choice.

Yeah that was a great episode.

It's great to be past that moment. For the first time in a while, I'm not sure what's going to happen next week. I like it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

While I initially thought the same about HR and the face changing and him saying goodbye to Cisco, they made it obvious that he we looking at the broken piece of savitar. I was actually expecting him to appear from behind and stab him with it....but that didn't happen so maybe it was just him thinking of getting killed by savitars blade.

Advertisement