Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I think it's
    Earth 2 Wells
    who swapped places with Iris, wasn't it revealed earlier in the season or later that
    he was dying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I think it's
    Earth 2 Wells
    who swapped places with Iris, wasn't it revealed earlier in the season or later that
    he was dying?

I think he said that to try and keep Jesse on earth 2 and not with kid flash on earth 1.

If it's not a body swap I'll be amazed. Could Joe and Iris switched places? Or Tracy Brand an Irish.

I think he said that to try and keep Jesse on earth 2 and not with kid flash on earth 1.

If it's not a body swap I'll be amazed. Could Joe and Iris switched places? Or Tracy Brand an Irish.

Well going by the new season descriptions released by the CW. Draw your own conclusions, I'm sticking with mine anyways.
    With the help of his adoptive father, Joe West, his lifelong best friend and love interest Iris West, and his friends at S.T.A.R. Labs — Cisco Ramon, C.S.I Julian Albert, and an Earth-19 novelist named H.R. Wells — Barry continues to protect the people of Central City from the meta-humans that threaten it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well going by the new season descriptions released by the CW. Draw your own conclusions, I'm sticking with mine anyways.
    With the help of his adoptive father, Joe West, his lifelong best friend and love interest Iris West, and his friends at S.T.A.R. Labs — Cisco Ramon, C.S.I Julian Albert, and an Earth-19 novelist named H.R. Wells — Barry continues to protect the people of Central City from the meta-humans that threaten it.
    Looks like Caitlyn is being written out too

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Looks like Caitlyn is being written out too

I hope not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Maybe
    somehow they figured out which time remnant savitar was and got him to kill himself disguised as Iris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Or maybe they
    found a way to create a remnant of Iris to be killed
    It's actually a successful story that it has everyone wondering what will happen, I just hope the answer is no an huge anti-climax!

Johnmb wrote: »
    Or maybe they
    found a way to create a remnant of Iris to be killed
    It's actually a successful story that it has everyone wondering what will happen, I just hope the answer is no an huge anti-climax!

Well Barry did go back in time and yanked Captain Cold from 1892, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that he'd do the same for
    Iris.

Or, fingers crossed, they did kill her off. Rid us of a weak character and properly punish Barry for Flashpoint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Exactly. Think that would be the biggest twist they could pull. No twist at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's a difficult needle to thread: on the one hand, I think if the show is serious about making Barry aware of just how bad an idea time travel is, Iris must die. On the other hand, her dying could then be an excuse to double-down on Misery Barry, and that's something nobody wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

pixelburp wrote: »
    It's a difficult needle to thread: on the one hand, I think if the show is serious about making Barry aware of just how bad an idea time travel is, Iris must die. On the other hand, her dying could then be an excuse to double-down on Misery Barry, and that's something nobody wants.

But we could get Patty Spivot back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

For that ending to mean something (and it should), I also believe that
    Iris has to die.
    If I was Candice Patton, who plays Iris, I would hope that was my final episode, because that was probably one of her best episodes and it felt like a very good end for the character. People will remember that episode first and foremost when they think of the character and given the amount of stick she's gotten, that's a very good thing.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Iris has to die.
    If I was Candice Patton, who plays Iris, I would hope that was my final episode, because that was probably one of her best episodes and it felt like a very good end for the character. People will remember that episode first and foremost when they think of the character and given the amount of stick she's gotten, that's a very good thing.

I mean those vows in the video were bloody perfect (and I am no fan of the way the character was written generally)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Would it be possible if......
    The Iris that died was actually Earth 2's Iris because she was hiding out over there??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Iris has to die.

please let that be true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

youngblood wrote: »
    please let that be true!

You never know.
    This week's synposis on the TVTime app says:

"With nothing left to lose, Barry takes on Savitar in an epic conclusion to season three."

That would certainly suggest they aren't going to take the easy/reset way out?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Would it be possible if......
    The Iris that died was actually Earth 2's Iris because she was hiding out over there??

I was actually thinking something similar, ish:
    if they were insistent on keeping Candice Patton around but wanted to nuke the Barry/Iris romance once and for all, then Earth 2 Iris could join the gang, replacing the dead Earth 1 version. Correct me if I'm wrong but EArth 2 Iris is a cop, right? And Earth 2 Joe died too, so bringing her over would first make for a more organic use of Iris than the now-forgotten journalism career, and second could be an interesting dynamic with that Iris working alongside Joe somehow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I hope there's no dicking about like that. Barry already went through that with Jay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭HankScorpio102

I watch this show purely for candice patton. No other reason. You'd have to dig me out of her.

• Advertisement

Well I got part of the finale right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

So the old switcheroo (as predicted by everyone) happened, but the finale still had some great surprises up its sleeve.

The ending was a bit of a heartbreaker, but everyone knows it'll be undone by the end of Season 4, Episode 1.

Fingers crossed for a less moody season 4.

Mr E wrote: »
    So the old switcheroo (as predicted by everyone) happened, but the finale still had some great surprises up its sleeve.

The ending was a bit of a heartbreaker, but everyone knows it'll be undone by the end of Season 4, Episode 1.

Fingers crossed for a less moody season 4.

The old/reliable bait and switch, while obvious, I kind of thought it was so well done, either that or I seriously suspended my belief..

I'd rather they left Barry in the Speedforce for a season or half season, let Wally have "The Flash" mantle for a while, mirroring the comics. But they probably won't..

Plus I've seen it mentioned here before that Grant Gustin has a long term deal as Barry/The Flash, how true that is I do not know.

We should know about Season 4 in July, no doubt there'll be some news at San Diego Comic Con.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

As much as I like Grant Gustin as flash, I think it would be beneficial if they leave him in the speedforce and use a different version of the flash for the future.

But giving that this is the CW I'm sure by the end of Episode 1 of next season he is back because Wally can't deal alone with the big bad of next season.

As much as I like Grant Gustin as flash, I think it would be beneficial if they leave him in the speedforce and use a different version of the flash for the future.

But giving that this is the CW I'm sure by the end of Episode 1 of next season he is back because Wally can't deal alone with the big bad of next season.

Have Barry serve his penance in the speedforce for the season, they could bring back Jesse Quick to help Wally deal with the big bad/bads.

Then by some "miracle", Barry comes out of the Speedforce at seasons end, similar to how he came out of it in Season 2 more confident, but this time have him come back more wiser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It'd be great if they had the courage to leave him out of the show until at least the mid-season point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can all the speedsters not just take turns in the speedforce if they agree that it not be the hellish version?

But yeah, he'll come back after 3 or 4 months like evrey other show that has something like this happen.
    As I've said before, it's always funny how they encounter something that takes about 8 or 9 months to resolve then nothing much happens for a 3 or 4 month period. Everyone in these universes must really hate coming up to September/October. They should make all plans for the summer months.

I just hope they didn't have any more criminals in the pipeline, though I believe they were all moved.

So how come the memories caught up to Savitar but the paradox didn't until the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,144 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But yeah, he'll come back after 3 or 4 months like evrey other show that has something like this happen.
    As I've said before, it's always funny how they encounter something that takes about 8 or 9 months to resolve then nothing much happens for a 3 or 4 month period. Everyone in these universes must really hate coming up to September/October. They should make all plans for the summer months.

I remember an episode of Buffy where she says "Dawn's in trouble? Must be Tuesday..." because it always aired on Tuesdays :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭pah

Penn wrote: »
    I remember an episode of Buffy where she says "Dawn's in trouble? Must be Tuesday..." because it always aired on Tuesdays :D

i think they made that joke on Arrow last week, along the lines of shouldn't ye be planning something for your summer break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Its clever that the Flash has multiple worlds, so whenever anyone is killed they could can just grab their Earth 2 equivalent and the actor can stay around. Still thinking about organising a wedding after burying a friend is just so cold.

Advertisement