Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,145 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No, at the end of Season 2 when Zoom/Hunter is being taken away by the Time Wraiths, you can see him transform into what we then see as being Black Flash.

You can see the lightning insignia on his chest and ears change red, his mask is ripped the same way and his face decays. Once the Time Wraiths/Speedforce caught him, it made him a speedster version of Death to catch other speedsters.

There was no real point in Thawne calling him anything other than Black Flash because that's what he became, he was no longer Zoom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Season 4 of The Flash starts filming July 4th.

I'm not sure if that's earlier than usual but given Flash partakes in this craze of multiple breaks during a season, it's only right that they get cracking again early.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I'm not sure if that's earlier than usual but given Flash partakes in this craze of multiple breaks during a season, it's only right that they get cracking again early.

June/July is the usual time I think they start up, not sure about the rest of the DC comics shows on the CW, and given the show returns in October. There leaving probably just enough wiggle room to shoot the first 9 episodes, edit and the post production process should something happen, for example say a key cast member gets sick or something.

An educated guess.

As for the breaks, I don't think they can really do anything about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

He was "killed" because he got hit by a bullet but would have been gone before that I guess but she wasn't to know.

I think there dealing with Wally's having powers with the way Thawne was erased and nothing changed as that timeline and Barry as the Flash should not have happened

I just kinda meant how the evil Flash wasn't able to dodge the bullet with his speed powers, as they were dwindling away.

I just kinda meant how the evil Flash wasn't able to dodge the bullet with his speed powers, as they were dwindling away.

She shot him from behind, he didn't see it coming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

She shot him from behind, he didn't see it coming

But, if i'm not mistaken, didn't many previous Flash versions managed to see stuff coming from behind? Especially in LoT, Reverse Flash, if my mind serves me correct, was always able to see stuff coming from behind... Unless they want us to believe that Savitar/Barry was so caught up in his evil plan that he couldn't see/hear anyone firing a gun right behind him... Would have been better if it was the speed cannon.

But, if i'm not mistaken, didn't many previous Flash versions managed to see stuff coming from behind? Especially in LoT, Reverse Flash, if my mind serves me correct, was always able to see stuff coming from behind... Unless they want us to believe that Savitar/Barry was so caught up in his evil plan that he couldn't see/hear anyone firing a gun right behind him... Would have been better if it was the speed cannon.

Given their superspeed, they should be able to go into superspeed once they hear the gunshot and then be able to move etc. In Season 1 when Joe shot at Wells-Thawne, Barry was able to run and catch two of the three bullets before they hit Wells-Thawne though he missed the last one. However, Barry wasn't nearly as fast as he is now. Savitar-Barry should have been able to dodge the bullet.

My bigger problem though is Iris having a gun and trying to fire at Savitar anyway. She's not trained, she could have hit Barry, Cisco or Caitlyn, and she didn't know he might have dodged it. Where did she get the gun?

Better ending would have just been Savitar disintegrating before he hits Barry. Or Barry turns around and he, Cisco and Caitlyn hit him with lightning, vibe and frost at the same time, killing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

This was posted over on Reddit, I thought it was quite funny and thought you all might appreciate it

EMtmZ

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I found it strange for a final esp, I thought all the steam was in the last esp and they were just kinda flapping about in this one. Savitar killed loads of people, including HR. Bringing evil Barry to the Lab and acting like things could be normal was odd.

Yeah I felt the same, like the series just sort of limped across the 'finish line'. The bit in Star Labs with Evil Barry felt like the writers just stalling for time in the episode. I could have *almost* accepted it if it took place before Evil Barry killed HR. But surely after the killing it's a point of no return for him?
    The team seem to just brush aside the killing of HR and attempt to redeem Evil Barry. It also makes Barry look more selfish in trying to convince Tracey to help the murderer of the guy she loved so that Barry can save his own love.

Greyjoy wrote: »
    Yeah I felt the same, like the series just sort of limped across the 'finish line'. The bit in Star Labs with Evil Barry felt like the writers just stalling for time in the episode. I could have *almost* accepted it if it took place before Evil Barry killed HR. But surely after the killing it's a point of no return for him?
    The team seem to just brush aside the killing of HR and attempt to redeem Evil Barry. It also makes Barry look more selfish in trying to convince Tracey to help the murderer of the guy she loved so that Barry can save his own love.

In fairness though, her and HR's love story was weak sauce. They knew each other for about a week. I doubt she'll be wearing black clothes and a veil while crying at his graveside at the start of next season.

• Advertisement

What's the muzzle velocity? If faster than sound then he's hit before he hears it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Does BArry come back or is that it?

Bit of a let down Iris loosing him after all that.

Does BArry come back or is that it?

Bit of a let down Iris loosing him after all that.

He'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Penn wrote: »
    In fairness though, her and HR's love story was weak sauce. They knew each other for about a week. I doubt she'll be wearing black clothes and a veil while crying at his graveside at the start of next season.

Maybe if HR had been killed earlier in the season and Tracey had some time to grieve then it would have been appropriate to ask her. But it's been what - a couple of hours, perhaps a day at most since he was killed? HR's corpse is barely cold before Barry asks her to save his evil doppelganger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Penn wrote: »
    My bigger problem though is Iris having a gun and trying to fire at Savitar anyway. She's not trained, she could have hit Barry, Cisco or Caitlyn, and she didn't know he might have dodged it. Where did she get the gun?

It's a TV show about a dude with super speed, it's not gonna be real life accurate :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

What's the muzzle velocity? If faster than sound then he's hit before he hears it

Almost unheard of with handguns in fairness. Given Newton's laws (for every action, etc.) and the kinetic energy of a supersonic bullet, the recoil would be massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Tazzimus wrote: »
    It's a TV show about a dude with super speed, it's not gonna be real life accurate :p

In fairness as well I'm pretty sure she's been shown handling guns before and is the daughter of a cop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Next seasons big bad is
    Clifford DeVoe aka The Thinker

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Next seasons big bad is
    Clifford DeVoe aka The Thinker
    He was name dropped I think 3 times in the last quarter of the season and pretty much stayed in the finale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

He was name dropped I think 3 times in the last quarter of the season and pretty much stayed in the finale

Yeah it was pretty obvious he would be the next big bad seeing that he was mentioned so much

• Advertisement

Well it was known since March, or whenever Paleyfest takes place, that the next big bad wouldn't be an evil speedster/speedster.

Kinda assume but confirmed by the season 4 teaser that
    the speed storm at the end of season 3 will be the method for the villain of the week meta

So the main question, how will Barry
    come out of the Speed force
    , will he just come back OR will it be similar to the DC Rebirth Comic, when Barry
    pulled Wally out
    after seeing visions, except it'll be Wally with the visions of and then
    pulling Barry out of the speed force

In rebirth, Wally was wiped from memory (Along with most of DC history) after Flashpoint. He was able to break through as visions to people but needed someone to remember him and that was Barry who pulled him back in.

The two stories don't really have anything in common. Everyone remembers Barry and he chose to go away. If Wally pulls him out it would just cause another speed storm and Barry would just go back in to stop it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think they'll go down the route of Barry just coming back with no explanation, just appearing in a flash of lightning or portal opening or something. He'll have no memory of how he got there but what he's forgetting will catch up to him.

Bumping this, as some information about Season 4 has come out recently via Candice Patton. I've spoiler tagged it in case people want to go into the new season blind..
    With the action picking up six months later, it’s unclear if time heals all wounds. We still don’t have Barry out of the Speed Force, Iris is really struggling to deal with that, and she does it in her own way.

Seeing as the cast are back together today to start filming for the show's 4th Season, info about the new season will start coming out, set photos and what not, and the first bit of information is the title of 4x01 which is "The Flash Reborn".

DD3JGo-VoAAos6a.jpg
    Ready for our first day of filming Season 4! We get started tomorrow, and it's gonna be epic!

Synopsis for the first episode.
    Running up against an evil time remnant version of yourself is something no-one should ever have to do, but that's exactly what faced Barry Allen as he fought to save the life of fiancée Iris West from the God of Speed known as Savitar.

Barry's victory was short-lived, however, as an unbalanced Speed Force began to wreak havoc on Central City, forcing Barry to sacrifice himself for the greater good. With The Fastest Man Alive now trapped inside an extra-dimensional energy, and unknown dangers lurking in the shadows, it will be up to Team Flash to free Barry from his own personal Hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I really wish they would not rescue Barry but instead have a new Flash.

I love Bobblehead Grant Gustin's portrayal of the speedster, but maybe it's time to give the title to Wally at least for a while.

The last season was not the strongest so some change to the makeup could be nice, also to bring Barry back so quick is once again making the errors of last seasons of having no real stakes.

But as this is the CW, I'm sure Barry is going to be back very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I don't think the guy who plays Wally is strong enough to be the lead tbh. I also don't think that Barry being the Flash was the problem with last season. They need to work on the real problems with the writing, not make superficial changes like calling Wally the lead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah the writing is no so sloppy and without any semblance of joined-up thinking, that needs fixing first, above all else. Unless there has been a change in the Writing Room though, I can't imagine Season 4 is going to pull it around. If they continue to stick doggedly to the wonky formula, I'll probably bail..

Advertisement