Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I don't think the guy who plays Wally is strong enough to be the lead tbh. I also don't think that Barry being the Flash was the problem with last season. They need to work on the real problems with the writing, not make superficial changes like calling Wally the lead.

Keiynan Lonsdale has ruled out
    becoming THE Flash
    so your kinda correct in that regards him not being strong enough to be lead. Could actually see Kid Flash leave the show and join the Titans show that's being done. And I think the show needs to take a page from Arrow's 5th Season and kinda bring it back to basics. Kind of like Season 1 when Barry had Cisco, Eobard/Well and Caitlin QBing from Star Labs.

Harry or Tracey could probably take on that role. Also the use of time travel needs to be kept to a minimum. Guess we're just gonna have to wait and see how the show unfolds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Surprised they didn't name the episode The Flash Rebirth

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Isn't Titans separate from the CW superhero stuff? So Wally can't go there. I said before I like Wally. But clearly, the start will be team Flash struggling to cope and needing to bring Barry back and figuring out some way of doing that.

I wonder how killer frost will work this season? If she'll become a part-timer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Filler Frost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

and just caught up.

Good season overall. Good twist there on the big moment. Clever how it how to not be seen coming. I had a quick skim of the last eight or so pages and Lithium93_ got such a close guess! :)

Yeah at the end I'd have thought some sort of informal nod about sharing time in the prison would've been the sound thing for all the speedsters to say but aside from the, it was grand.

Character interactions and action stood out as good in this but I might be skewed by having finished Supergirl so recently.

The budget seemed just fine. Like they've found their equilibrium point and know what they can get away with... though the lightening at the very end was a bit lesser than their usual standard.

• Advertisement

Barry will be
    sporting a beard
    when he comes back from the Speed Force.

And the actress who plays
    Peek-a-Boo
    has been spotted on set.

And Keiynan Lonsdale has been spotted in set pics in
    the red Flash costume

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Isn't Titans separate from the CW superhero stuff? So Wally can't go there. I said before I like Wally. But clearly, the start will be team Flash struggling to cope and needing to bring Barry back and figuring out some way of doing that.

I know its not possible but could they have had Killer Frost and Black Siren with there own arcs who knows maybe joining up together sometimes maybe with Nyssa is she survived. I know it would require some crossover but could be start of birds of prey stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Bit late but I'm finally finishing the 3rd season. Bit slow this one. It is finally got good at the end.
    But what the hell is up with all the love and relationship issues. Should they rename season 4 "Mills and Boonsfeaturing the Flash"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Looks good & glad to see Iris not curling into a ball which would be par for course tbh

• Advertisement

Comic Con panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Not a fan of the trailer tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Suppose there's only so much they can show without The Flash in it, but we all know the first episode is going to have Barry back...

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

It seems from the trailer when the vibe is pulling Barry back it may not be Barry or maybe from a different timeline.

It seems from the trailer when the vibe is pulling Barry back it may not be Barry or maybe from a different timeline.
    Kid Flash in the red suit I'm betting

D'Agger wrote: »
    Kid Flash in the red suit I'm betting

D'Agger
    is 100% correct, it is Kid Flash in Barry's suit

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

I ducked out of the show after the first few episodes of the latest season. I found the show too samey from episode to episode and the appeal of the show wore off. I keep thinking I might jump back in when Ive northing left to watch, but doenst the show improve?

I enjoyed the Zoom story arc from last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

https://tvline.com/2017/07/25/the-flash-season-4-tom-felton-leaving-julian-albert/

Tom Felton not returing as series regular

https://tvline.com/2017/07/22/the-flash-casts-the-thinker-neil-sandilands-danny-trejo-gypsys-father-season-4/
    Neil Sandilands to play the villainous metahuman known as The Thinker, Kim Engelbrecht will play The Mechanic and Danny Trejo joins as bounty hunter Gypsy’s imposing father, Breacher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Tom Felton not coming back is not good news.

I really think is a good actor, but on the other hand the writers never did know what to do with him. I got the feeling the writers/producers wanted to have Tom on cast but did not know to do once he joined. I had hoped that next season they finally would get that sorted out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I really think is a good actor, but on the other hand the writers never did know what to do with him. I got the feeling the writers/producers wanted to have Tom on cast but did not know to do once he joined. I had hoped that next season they finally would get that sorted out.

In fairness to Felton, the writers don't know what to do with any of the characters half the time ;-) I did wonder if he'd be back & Julian definitely floated around on the fringes; Team Flash desperately needs a shake-up though, it and all the other DC CW shows are far too 'cosy' by half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

I always expected more from his characters introduction, but he was really an after thought to the primary characters at times and faded into the background as sub characters tend to do in the Flash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,839 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Felton is a fine actor who was totally wasted on the show to be honest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

He also highlighted one of the bigger problems with the storytelling on the show as a whole: as soon as he turned up, I immediately presumed he had some link with the Big Bad, or indeed was the Big Bad, simply because everyone on the show is mandated to have some direct tether to either Team Flash or their adversary.

Nobody just is as they are on the show, or can have their own adventures and independence. It all has to come back to Barry - which is fine I guess, it's his show after all! - but it makes everything feel narratively very claustrophobic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,145 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I liked Felton in the show, but if we have Earth-2 Harry Wells in the show full time (hopefully), I think we can live without him. His relationship with Caitlin never felt like anything, and I'd rather do without the trials and tribulations of their relationship.

Felton is a fine actor who was totally wasted on the show to be honest.

He's a great actor but echoing the above - the writers butchered the opportunity to write him solid material.

He was excellent as the bad guy, thorn in Barrys side, and then we saw a Batman vs. Superman style 180 to make them best buds and him being a puppy dog for Katelyn. They could have kept him on the fringes for most of the season as the big bad instead of revealing him too early and then not knowing how to handle it other than to incorporate him into the Star Labs Brady Bunch.

Casting news
    Hartley Sawyer (The Young and the Restless) to recur as Ralph Dibny (aka Elongated Man) during Season 4
    Tvline

Casting news
    Katee Sackhoff is set to recur on , as the DC Comics villain Amunet Black aka Blacksmith.
    TVLine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,839 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just watched the musical episode again tonight.

Great fun and I hope we get another on this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just watched the musical episode again tonight.

Great fun and I hope we get another on this season.

Pass.. as a one-off it was alright, but I'd hate to see that sort of thing become a recurring feature.

• Advertisement

A new trailer popped up; I should warn you all, it contains
    an amnesia plot
    ;) though it may also be hinting that Season 4 is going to be a mini-reboot, which if true I'm potentially onboard. The Flash needs some serious retooling IMO:

Advertisement