Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Is this gonna be matrix type flash where Barry never got out of the speedforce, but the speedforce tricks him into thinking he has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

looks like they are upping his level or something

maybe just a new suit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

JamboMac wrote: »
    Is this gonna be matrix type flash where Barry never got out of the speedforce, but the speedforce tricks him into thinking he has.

I was thinking that myself is it Barry in the Speedforce been thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

No harm if he has forgotten his past and whatsherface leaves. Then bring back Patti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,839 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They didn't even stretch it out past one fcuking episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I know it felt like they've rushed Barry back with it resolved in the first episode but I don't think I could have handled "Team Iris" much longer. It could have been fun to be following Cisco and Wally doing their thing ( and failing ) for another episode but Iris just ruined that for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I know it felt like they've rushed Barry back with it resolved in the first episode but I don't think I could have handled "Team Iris" much longer. It could have been fun to be following Cisco and Wally doing their thing ( and failing ) for another episode but Iris just ruined that for me.

So it's picking up where it left off in writing quality :(:(:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

"You wouldn't like me when I'm frosty"

Jesus H Christ!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Most likely the same as flashpoint the repercussions will unfold over the course of the season but ****e writing altogether really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,220 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rubbish. From start to finish, rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

The Borg!
    :eek:

I wrote this in the DC superthread in relation to The Flash

Flash was a bit slow at the start but it has at least got less serious and going back to season 1 funny parts (Kid Flash speaking Japanese, The house is so B$%^%in) but with Iris and Kid Flash I see why they had to have Grant Guston back so quick. Iris does not trigger me the way she does other people but ya I hope they drop Iris as the Team Leader soon as it will trigger me like them. They need to do something with her quick or it will be another Green Arrow Felicity thing in The Flash and they can not have that. I do wonder if unveiling The Thinker ( Clifford Devoe) at the start is a good idea.
    I would say the symbols will come in to play later. They looked like some sort of algorithms to me for maybe life, speed, travel.
    . Not a great start but an okay start.#

Edit: I could I forget Caitlin letting out her inner Hulk (You will not like me when I'm Frosty) I am looking forward to more of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So he's faster than ever yet struggled to catch the robot. And I thought going really fast causes him to time travel

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So he's faster than ever yet struggled to catch the robot. And I thought going really fast causes him to time travel

Robot Flying in the air I think that was most of the problem. Once he was able to get on he killed(can you kill a robot) it pretty quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,145 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It was alright of an opener. A bit wishy-washy in how they solved getting Barry out of the Speedforce and stuff though. Caitlyn still being generally awful both as Caitlyn and Killer Frost. No Wells was also a bit of a kicker.

Still though, they say they're going for more fun this year and no speedster villain, so keeping my hopes slightly up for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

CastorTroy wrote:

Always has been a massive flaw with The Flash. If you look at the chase when they slowed it down to slo-mo, the samurai was still moving in the air, so fast was he flying. Even when Iris looks down and sees the lightning streak following, he's clearly not moving that fast. When you think that Barry can also grab his suit off mannequin and change into it at full speed it's beyond ridiculous the things that he can't do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Jaysus that was rubbish. After last season being so average I was hoping for something more but the first episode was very similar to the opening last year. The whole cliff hanger ended within half the episode. And Iris' whole plan of if I'm kidnapped he will snap out of it thing was so bad, even worse that it actually worked.

Used to really enjoy this show so hoping it picks up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Really dissapointing episode thought it was all over the place and Caitlin trying to control her inner frosty got boring and stale pretty quick before and now they are going to rehash it all over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The Borg!
    :eek:

I was thinking more...

10a13.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I would say the symbols will come in to play later. They looked like some sort of algorithms to me for maybe life, speed, travel.

I took that whole sequence - particularly some of his babbling.. there was one bit where I thought he might have been talking about a future offspring - as him having lived (from his perspective) for a lot longer in the speed force than 6 months.. possibly even a whole lifetime (didn't Caitlyn suggest something similar).

Of course it has shades of Savitar/evil Barry from last season, but wouldn't be the first time they're recycling plot elements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

I was hoping the symbols were an alien language maybe kryptonian or something similar to set up a future story but wasnt to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I took that whole sequence - particularly some of his babbling.. there was one bit where I thought he might have been talking about a future offspring - as him having lived (from his perspective) for a lot longer in the speed force than 6 months.. possibly even a whole lifetime (didn't Caitlyn suggest something similar).

Of course it has shades of Savitar/evil Barry from last season, but wouldn't be the first time they're recycling plot elements.

She said it was like 6 months to them due to the Speedforce being outside time and space, but could've been something like 10,000 for Barry.

Oh Christ that was bad.
    This show has all the trapping of great but fumbles it at every stage.

What the fcuk is Iris meant to be, the Samurai should just have chopped her head off on the street. That would get Flash's attention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

was that metron in the chair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Anyone see the trailer for next week? In it, Iris and Barry are talking/arguing and she says "you're not The Flash Barry, we are".

To say I was triggered is an understatement... why the heck did H.R have to die and not her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,839 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any chance you can spoiler future episode stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭somuj

Used to love this. Last season with Megatron being an evil remnant of Barry was nonsense. Gonna it give it one more episode and its going the way of the Walking dead after season 3 if the quality does not improve.

Orville is my new favourite of the weeks. Beats arrow and flash.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Why does this show really bother with cliffhangers if it squanders them in one episode? They should let their new set up play out for a bit otherwise don't bother - it'd be far less frustrating.

The one good thing I got from this is that it looks like Barry won't be so moany. The show works better when Barry is happier and enthusiastic. And we've got a version of Harry coming back so I'm curious to see which one (and that's not an invitation for people to tell me if they know).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Ugh , so i watched the trailer for the upcoming episode .....

I fúcking hate Iris

Advertisement