Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

jaxxx wrote: »
    To say I was triggered is an understatement... why the heck did H.R have to die and not her!

I agree with you on HR.. but triggered?? Actually used outside the nonsense of Twitter/Facebook??
    somuj wrote: »
    Used to love this. Last season with Megatron being an evil remnant of Barry was nonsense. Gonna it give it one more episode and its going the way of the Walking dead after season 3 if the quality does not improve.

Orville is my new favourite of the weeks. Beats arrow and flash.

Yea considering calling it a day on this show myself. Orville is great... a lot more Trek than Discovery IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

just got round to watching the season openers of this and arrow absolute drivel 2 great shows just completely ran out of ideas and regurgitating the same story lines over and over

writing is horrible and im so sick of the tortured barry followed by insanely happy Barry ( for 2 episodes max) to be followed by tortured Barry yet again .. just a vicious circle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Poorest Flash opener yet....can only improve right???

Ummmm..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Ugh , so i watched the trailer for the upcoming episode .....

I fúcking hate Iris

I don't think you need to spoiler that!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ep 2 was such an improvement - best episode in a long time. It was a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Except they made the female characters act like complete shrews.

"When a girl says she's fine, she's lying". Words fail me.

"WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME" well the world was being torn apart.....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

2 episodes in, yeah Iris is super irritating..

Ep 2 was such an improvement - best episode in a long time. It was a lot of fun.

I loved the
    Risky Business
    bit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I enjoyed the episode the nod to Arrow was funny but would have Barry not known that.
    The Risky Business and Ohh Jon Died YAA He's Alive and the I made you a manual ya Ill read it later
    was funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,839 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Iris and Kid Flash need to be given the Thea contract one bit part episode appearance every 5 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Wally's had a major growth spurt, right? Or am I crazy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

His hair has anyway.

Definitely more fun this year.

So it's not guy in the chair giving the powers. Wonder where they're coming from.
    And wonder why it showed the warden looking at Killg%re like that.

And Killg%re has no tech around him. So is the camera watching him made out of wood?

Guess this is set a bit further on than Arrow then if the Ollie thing is being reported and Iris seemed aware of it. Something you'd think she would tell Barry.

GoT spoilers for anyone who's playing catch up on the series.
    And clearly he didn't want the instructions since he could read them in a second. Would've let him know about all the tech in the suit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

The warden guy was he in law and order with joe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

He was in firefly as a bounty Hunter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Richard Brooks is the gentlemen in question and he played ADA Paul Robinette on Law & Order from 1990 to 1993 (before Jesse L Martin ever joined).

He was in 2 additional episodes in 2005/2006 where he indeed performed together with Jesse L Martin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I don't know about this season.

I know this is the CW but Flash was always a little bit better than the teen angst shows otherwise but these 2 episode felt way too much teen drama for me.

That does not take away from an excellent cast but somehow I'm now as happy with it. Let's see where this goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

The biggest issue now seems to be Iris for me. I never bought into their relationship. She was the crux of the whole last season. What would Barry do to save her? But I just didn't care, I won't mind if they did kill her last season.
    The actors have no chemistry and the whole brother/sister thing is wired. It's so odd to hear Joe call Barry his son and be happy to marry his daughter.

I only watched the first one of season 4 and already off to a poor start. I do like Wally but it just makes no sense to have two people on the same show with the same powers. He should go to Earth 2 and show up now and again.

Snow has the same storyline as last her powers are acting up and she hiding it from the group to be revealed at a later date to cause tension between the team.

I didn't know the Thinker form the comics. I was looking forward to a new type of season villain. But then he seems to be connected to time travel somehow. Needing the flash around to do certain things at certain points.
    You know like the way Wells, Zoom & Savaitor did. He also looks so naff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

He also looks so naff.

Thinker of Borg. Resistance is Futile.

Episode 2 was a massive improvement on the first one. Lots of witty quips and funny set pieces. Kilgore was a decent villain too.

More please.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yep, big improvement. It really was down to one thing: It was *fun*. The show wasn't fun in season 3 and it hurt it. The cast were fairly balanced, although I'll agree Iris was a bit whine-y (again).

I liked Kilgore although having watched 'The Magicians' recently, I couldn't help but see Ember.

Barry's able to whizz around to the police station to get coffee while a piece of toast falls from the air but not able to get across a park while Savitar made a speech. Suppose he knows his priorities!

• Advertisement

The biggest issue now seems to be Iris for me. I never bought into their relationship. She was the crux of the whole last season. What would Barry do to save her? But I just didn't care, I won't mind if they did kill her last season.
    The actors have no chemistry and the whole brother/sister thing is wired. It's so odd to hear Joe call Barry his son and be happy to marry his daughter.

I only watched the first one of season 4 and already off to a poor start. I do like Wally but it just makes no sense to have two people on the same show with the same powers. He should go to Earth 2 and show up now and again.

Snow has the same storyline as last her powers are acting up and she hiding it from the group to be revealed at a later date to cause tension between the team.

I didn't know the Thinker form the comics. I was looking forward to a new type of season villain.But then he seems to be connected to time travel somehow. Needing the flash around to do certain things at certain points.
    You know like the way Wells, Zoom & Savaitor did. He also looks so naff.

They change from 3 seasons in a row Speedster villain to The Thinker, and there's always one who complains about a different kind of villain, can't please everyone I suppose.

And a quick Google of The Thinker, especially the version portrayed
    (DeVoe)
    on the show, he's in no way involved in any time travel shenanigans..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

ixoy wrote: »
    Barry's able to whizz around to the police station to get coffee while a piece of toast falls from the air but not able to get across a park while Savitar made a speech. Suppose he knows his priorities!

He's faster now than he ever was since they pulled him from the speed force

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Squaredude wrote: »
    He's faster now than he ever was since they pulled him from the speed force
    Oh I know but he was doing it in previous seasons too, including last season I believe whizzing around getting gifts for Iris. It's a bit silly in that his speed's been an issue. Then again at least it wasn't biological computer hacking.. Mr. Robot this ain't.

Loved seeing "Jubal Early" in it, such distinctive delivery and mannerisms.

I hate Iris but I totally accept her being irrationality angry at Barry (and justifiably angry at him cutting her out of wedding prep). She had a total mind fcuk all last year and then looses her fiancée for 6 months like.

Still hate that she's now not a journalist anymore and runs the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm keeping away from spoilers for this including the crossover, ruined that for myself last year when I did look it up, :o

I definitely think there is more to Barry so far from the first two episodes, gypsy was a surprise to see, am hoping Harry and Jesse make some sort of comeback and am interested to see the background of Caitlin and what she did in the six months Barry was gone as that really was glossed over in the first episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,146 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ixoy wrote: »

I think the issue there is since Savitar was a speedster too, once Barry tried to run to save Iris in the park while Savitar was talking, Savitar just would have been able to speed himself and kill Iris anyway. Their speeds cancel each other out so it'd be no different to a normal person running, and it's not like Barry running across the park would have caught Savitar off guard because their reflexes are based on superspeed too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Penn wrote: »
    I think the issue there is since Savitar was a speedster too, once Barry tried to run to save Iris in the park while Savitar was talking, Savitar just would have been able to speed himself and kill Iris anyway. Their speeds cancel each other out so it'd be no different to a normal person running, and it's not like Barry running across the park would have caught Savitar off guard because their reflexes are based on superspeed too.

And the fact that savitar is the future BA then he would possess the same if not more speed than the current day BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    They change from 3 seasons in a row Speedster villain to The Thinker, and there's always one who complains about a different kind of villain, can't please everyone I suppose.

And a quick Google of The Thinker, especially the version portrayed
    (DeVoe)
    on the show, he's in no way involved in any time travel shenanigans..[/Q

Maybe I took it the one way but wasn't the newspaper from the future? He clearly needs Barry around for something his planning. They can always change it from the comic books.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I don't know if everybody else's expectations have been lowered by the terrible season 3 or if I'm remembering the early seasons through rose tinted glasses but I didn't enjoy the second episode. I might just ditch this for the moment, it's getting too frustrating to watch. Ill keep an eye on the thread to see what the general consensus is on quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

2nd episode got better as it went along so hopefully it will improve,agree regards iris she is terrible.

Advertisement