Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Does Iris still have her job as a journalist or is she full time team flash? -- She since Caitlin and herself refer to each other as work friends?

If Iris has three female friends - one living in another city whom she rarely sees and the other her Dad's girlfriend, Caitlin should have been more surprised if she was not picked as the default maid of honour!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I try not to think too hard about where any of Team Flash get their money; even Barry and Joe spend more time at the (still!) ruined Star Labs than the cop shop. Heck, the labs itself is a mystery: is the museum still going? Who owns it? I think original Wells left it to Barry but how on earth can he be keeping the lights on at the place? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well that was just awful. I really was tempted to turn off after the hashtag feminism bit.

But then it got worse.. That fight scene with whatshername.. FFS!

I think this show is done to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

If they got rid of the bland god awful women characters it might improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

jrkb wrote: »

They definitely need to do something. It still has its moments, but those are increasingly few and far between.

Maybe it's the limitations of the format, or running several shows together (I don't watch the others so no idea if they've suffered the same quality fall-off), but this show has really gone downhill in the last season or so. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,839 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

‘The Flash’ Showrunner Andrew Kreisberg Suspended Amid Sexual Harassment Allegations
    Andrew Kreisberg, co-creator/executive producer of the CW/Warner Bros TV DC series The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Arrow, has been suspended from his duties by the studio today over allegations of sexual harassment, with WBTV launching an internal investigation.

“We have recently been made aware of allegations of misconduct against Andrew Kreisberg,” Warner Bros. TV Group said in a statement Friday night. “We have suspended Mr. Kreisberg and are conducting an internal investigation. We take all allegations of misconduct extremely seriously, and are committed to creating a safe working environment for our employees and everyone involved in our productions.

Kreisberg has been one of the top lieutenants of Greg Berlanti, the boss of the CW/DC universe. He has been a key auspice on all DC series, with primary focus on serving as showrunner of The Flash.

“We were recently made aware of some deeply troubling allegations regarding one of our showrunners,” Berlanti Prods.’ principals Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter said in a statement. “We have been encouraging and fully cooperating with the investigation into this by Warner Bros.

“There is nothing more important to us than the safety and well-being of our cast, crew, writers, producers and any staff,” they added. “We do not tolerate harassment and are committed to doing everything we can to make an environment that’s safe to work in and safe to speak up about if it isn’t.”

http://deadline.com/2017/11/andrew-kreisberg-suspended-sexual-harassment-allegations-1202206230/

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

‘The Flash’ Showrunner Andrew Kreisberg Suspended Amid Sexual Harassment Allegations

http://deadline.com/2017/11/andrew-kreisberg-suspended-sexual-harassment-allegations-1202206230/

Oh boy, on another note related to the current scandal, you've gotta wonder how deep exactly this goes? Weinstein was the proverbial domino...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Catching up on sky 1 now.

Anyone ever notice the speech is sped up compared to the us broadcast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just cancel it and the arrow , both are god awful rubbish now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Big uptick in quality this week. Fantastic episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Mr E wrote: »

Much better alright, switched the last 2 off after 20 mins.

One minor gripe, I hadn't been too bothered with Iris up til now, but getting a bit irritated by the bizarre appointment of her as the 'boss' along with her 'WE are the Flash'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Better episode this week wasn't sure about the thinker at first but am liking him now and yea how the fcuk did Iris become the "boss".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Spidey sense line was marvellous.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Better episode this week wasn't sure about the thinker at first but am liking him now and yea how the fcuk did Iris become the "boss".

Shagging the lead singer .. see yoko ono

Mr E wrote: »

Loved the bit when Wells/Thawne acknowledged DeVoe with the line "I'm a big fan of your work"

Perks of being a time travelling speedster.

The "hasgtag feminism" episode is f*cking awful and so so heavy handed.

The "hasgtag feminism" episode is f*cking awful and so so heavy handed.

I felt like the show was whacking me on the head the way it was being pushed through out the episode..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I felt like the show was whacking me on the head the way it was being pushed through out the episode..

Exactly.

This show has a tonne of unbelievably strong female characters. The episode just felt like pandering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Kind of agree there. Had a tonne, not anymore.

Caitlyn alternating between a weak sack of crying self pitying pus and the stronger but equally hobbled Killer Frost. She was a good character but in the last season or two they’ve ruined her. Her growth for me has stunted and she’s just a joke on what she was.

Harry’s daughter had the potential to be a good character but never got out of the spoilt daughter camp.

As to “team flash”. Personally I want to see her cut from the show, she’s not adding anything at this point beyond being an unneeded voice for the obvious right now. The whole dynamic of the team has been twisted by her larger part and not for the better, if anything. I enjoyed some of the humour of this season but her larger role is not boding well for my continued watching here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Best episode of the season and it had little iris in it her character brings the show down so much with her brother.

i will gladly take a death scene with her in the crossover next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

sky88 wrote: »
    Best episode of the season and it had little iris in it her character brings the show down so much with her brother.

i will gladly take a death scene with her in the crossover next week

Nah the Death is 1 of 2
    Stein
    or
    Felecity as there was a picture leaked out of a grave stone with her name on it unless it an Earth X but I doubt there be a headstone of a Jewish character due to who the Nazi's are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Exactly.

This show has a tonne of unbelievably strong female characters. The episode just felt like pandering.

I think it has a lot of female characters, and nominally all useful in their fields, but they're almost universally underwritten. Iris' wandering career is testament to that. The hen party episode felt like over-compensation by way of tone deaf, adolescent writing - to the point where I'd seriously wonder if the writers had even met any women.

It was made all the more baffling by the fact one of The Flash's own sibling shows, Supergirl, makes a frequent point of being about strong women, and the particular emotional uniqueness of female relationships. It's often subtle as a brick, but played with conviction and feels legitimate and earned. The Flash came off kinda patronising, 'one for the girls' writing that thinks women actually talk about "#feminism" with each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And it was women who wrote and directed the episode, so you'd think they'd try and improve the characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And it was women who wrote and directed the episode, so you'd think they'd try and improve the characters.

ah shure there's the problem straightaway.

CastorTroy wrote: »

Jesus, really? Cos I honestly thought it was written by a man, the banter was so bad and forced. Like I said, it's not like the CW don't have a strong stable of this sort of perspective, it's a wonder The Flash dropped the ball so badly.

All that said, I'm still enjoying season 4 in general, and is a much more fun beast than the slog of season 3. The lightness and joy is back, though Dibneys sleaziness does get a bit much sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Just wondering about this weeks episode? Can i watch it as a standalone episode without watching Supergirl, Arrow and Legends? i mean obviously i CAN, but i gave up watching Arrow and Legends, never really watched supergirl... so just wondering if there's any point

Wouldn't make any sense watching it as a stand alone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Supergirl
    Arrow
    Flash
    Legends of tomorrow

This is the order the 4 parter is taking I skipped Supergirl and just watched Arrow this morning I missed a lot, the episodes are running in consecutive order so Flash is part 3 of the 4 parter.

Did they foreshadow the
    Tornado Twins
    with the
    waitress
    who approached Barry with the champagne?

Or am I reading too much into it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Did they foreshadow the
    Tornado Twins
    with the
    waitress
    who approached Barry with the champagne?

Or am I reading too much into it?

I don't think you're reading too much into it - a lot of people are jumping to the exact same conclusion.

Advertisement