Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    He looks too boy-bandy, Neil Sandilands had a threatening touch to him in the role, in that he was an evil genius, but an evil genius with ALS, that you'd almost empathize with him, until the other side was shown.

Yep. Just dont find this guy nearly as threatening at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

pjohnson wrote: »
    Yep. Just dont find this guy nearly as threatening at all.

Wonder if he will be the only time he will shift into another person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Wonder if he will be the only time he will shift into another person

Knowing the flash hell swap into cisco or wells bodies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Just read the synopsis for the next two episodes, think I'll catch up with this show during the summer when I have absolutely nothing else to watch

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

He looks too boy-bandy, Neil Sandilands had a threatening touch to him in the role, in that he was an evil genius, but an evil genius with ALS, that you'd almost empathize with him, until the other side was shown.
    He looks like too many other pretty-boy actors on the CW. Neil Sandilands had much more gravitas and his age helped all that. Some CW exec probably had a heart attack when they found they had a couple of actors in the show over 40 - that's presumably a red-card offence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Bit of a nothing episode. I've a feeling Ralph will go the way of Julian from last season and just wander off into the sunset.

I simply cannot see why they don't properly let Cisco be a hero and save people. He's just always backup or just breaching people places.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So in promo pictures for I can't remember exactly which episode
    Iris is spotted in a suit and mask
    :pac:

I just hope it's the
    mystery waitress/Dawn disguised as Iris
    and that they don't give
    Iris powers

So Iris could not have any device for recording conversations? You know, like a frikken journalist

Just thinking back, Iris has gone from working in Jitters, to Central City Picture News to leading Team Flash, and I just wanna know if she ever finished her dissertation from Season 1 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So in promo pictures for I can't remember exactly which episode
    Iris is spotted in a suit and mask
    :pac:

I just hope it's the
    mystery waitress/Dawn disguised as Iris
    and that they don't give
    Iris powers
    If the mystery waitress is Dawn Allen does she not have a sister but I thought she was a twin.
    That or she is the Flash in another earth

• Advertisement

If the mystery waitress is Dawn Allen does she not have a sister but I thought she was a twin.
    That or she is the Flash in another earth
    In the comics, she has a brother Don, both were born in the 30th Century, but never got to meet Barry due to his sacrificing himself during Crisis On Infinite Earths

Do we really need a Flash from another Earth?

Interesting enough, Episode 15 of this season is titled
    Enter Flashtime
    and
    Thawne
    is supposed to be coming back for said episode, so we'll see
    Tom Cavanagh in the Reverse Flash suit
    again. That could be the episode where
    mystery waitress at the wedding
    is revealed to be who we're all thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Could Cisco not just vibe Axel back to prison?

I'm getting really tired of the flash now. Storylines and scripts have been awful this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Best episode in a good few weeks.

3 week break now.

Calling it now,
    Marlize will be the key for them to beat Devoe

Also
    Doctor Shrinker from the last episode spotted in set photos of the Kevin Smith directed episode

Overall it was a great episode, but that courtroom scene was so goddamn ridiculous. Firstly, of course Ralph/Devoe only bursts in right when the Judge is about to slam the gavel. There was no need for that, it was just bad extremely cliched writing.

Secondly, that Judge is the worst Judge in the world. The supposed victim of a murder arrives in court at his supposed murderer's appeal case, the defence plays it off as "Central City has dudes with superpowers, so one of them must have just made it seem like the guy was killed", and the Judge just decides to release the supposed murderer instead of organising any kind of investigation, or release Barry on bail pending an investigation or anything. Just "The dead guy whose dead body was confirmed dead by the police and all evidence pointed to Barry as being his killer just wandered in, told the lawyer for the defence he was alive and would be coming into court but seemingly didn't even try to contact his wife, so I guess nothing happened. Case closed!"

The city has people with superpowers but please don't even consider for a second that someone with powers might be using them to get Barry released rather than framing him. Devoe's own wife was there and didn't even question it like "Can we at least confirm this is really my husband come back to life before releasing his killer? I mean he keeps looking over and smiling at the wife of his supposed murderer and will barely make eye contact with me!"

I'm glad Barry's out of prison and stuff, but f*ck me that was a painful scene to watch. As was Killer Frost's pep talk. Ralph being the Warden in the bar more than made up for it though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Calling it now,
    Marlize will be the key for them to beat Devoe

That was pretty obvious a few episodes ago. The script and storyline has been really poor this season. Feels like its just going through the motions at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

The original DeVoe was much more believable as a villian. The other guy isn't great at all and now in a womens body it's a bit silly.

Great twist "killing" him off but i think the show is weaker for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i want to get back into this, loved it up until they started doing that crossover crap x however many episodes (with shows im not up to date on). Whats a good point to jump back into this after the latest crossover?

i want to get back into this, loved it up until they started doing that crossover crap x however many episodes (with shows im not up to date on). Whats a good point to jump back into this after the latest crossover?

Pretty much the very next episode after the crossover. It sets up a new story arc that just ended in the latest episode.

Spoiler tagged synopsis for Episode 15.
    When a nuclear bomb detonates in downtown Central City, #Barry #JesseQuick and #JayGarrick slow down time by entering #Flashtime. As everyone in the city is frozen, the three speedsters push themselves to the breaking point to save the city and everyone in it.

• Advertisement

So Iris gets
    Barry's powers
    ?
    Please tell me that someone is forking (loving The Good Place) with me. Do they even forking listen to the audience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'm just bored to death of DeVoe.

So Iris gets
    Barry's powers
    ?
    Please tell me that someone is forking (loving The Good Place) with me. Do they even forking listen to the audience?
    Pretty much, it's just for most of an episode, Barry will get them back..

What a ridiculously good episode. Best of season 4 by a long long long way. Loved it.

Mr E wrote: »
    What a ridiculously good episode. Best of season 4 by a long long long way. Loved it.

So, so good. Only objection was who came up with the solution, but that's par for the course at this stage I guess.

One of my favourite moments however was the Wells & Jessie scene towards the end. So beautifully done, and shows why Tom Cavanagh is the real gem of the whole show, both as Thawne and this version of Wells. He's just so consistently great.

Barry was completely broken too. Grant Gustin can really act when he is given the material.

Why can't the show be this good from week to week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Brill episode, apart from the 3 super smart speedsters not thinking of the speed force and the "journalist" coming up with it...
    Also could have seen if Wally was about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

brilliant episode but as everyone has been saying iris becoming a genius all of a sudden is jarring to say the least.

there trying to make her this strong woman but falling as shes just a terrible character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

What is it with Iris’s neck.
    It looks reptilian. It’s like it has its own 6 pack.

Advertisement