Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Ralph is an unsociable prick. He wouldn't even come up the stairs to say hi to Jay or Jessie or even to see that Barry was okay after saving the city!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Monotype wrote: »
    Ralph is an unsociable prick. He wouldn't even come up the stairs to say hi to Jay or Jessie or even to see that Barry was okay after saving the city!
    Cause the actor who plays him, his name wasn't in the credits,
    kinda like how Barry mentioned
    Wally
    when Jessie showed up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I really want to catch up on this again (Barry getting out of jail last episode seen) but I just can't bring myself to watch Iris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

is there anyone that actually likes iris except for the writers cause any fan i know and on here seems to dislike her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭dogbert27

sky88 wrote: »
    is there anyone that actually likes iris except for the writers cause any fan i know and on here seems to dislike her

I doubt it! Her story of leading the team is just not believable. She's a graduate in Journalism!! :mad:

It's like Lois Lane taking control of the Justice League and telling Superman and Batman what to do! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,222 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I have little issue with Iris, or Felicity in Arrow.

With respect to Iris specifically - being shoved in as a leader feels off, they probably could have pushed her more from an investigator point of view (before Ralph) and had that push off from an investigative journalism point of view.

But, in general terms, I just have no real issue with her. Feel she has been a good foil for Barry throughout the four seasons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

In her slim defence, it's kinda not her fault in many respects: the shows formula is heavily predicated on everything going through Star Labs, to the absolute detriment of anything or anyone not directly overlapping with that central location.

It was fine in Season 1 when Iris' journalism career meant there was an easy subplot in her chasing the mystery of who The Flash was (or 'The Streak' as he was known back then IIRC), but as the show became more enamoured with its Scooby Gang in Star Labs, and it was blatantly obvious the CW had money for no more than 3-4 indoor sets, everyone had to be retrofitted to belong there, and damn the logic behind it.

Even Joe now spends more time hanging around the labs than in the PD's office; hell, I can't remember the last time an episode featured anything resembling policework (however vague and unbelievable it was). It'd be nice to just have an episode where a mostly normal crime happens, Joe investigates & Team Flash help out on the sidelines. It'd be a nice change of pace but NOOOOOOPE: it has to be a meta-of-the-week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Having read the description for tonights episode I think I am done with this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Having read the description for tonights episode I think I am done with this show.

Its just 1 episode and in fairness with all the metas it could happen. Don't let the hate of Iris to ruin an episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

But with Iris
    becoming the flash
    and Barry
    being reduced to become the "team leader" aka Iris
    this is just the another one of those let's show how we integrate Iris in the storyline.

I don't hate Iris but this used to be fun a show and despite this "meta of the week" they currently do it still was, however, most of the times, Iris just feels pushed into the storyline in an attempt to justify her presence.

And now she
    becomes the flash
    !

Spoilers above are for the episode to air tonight based on the show summary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was a bit rushed. They could have made it a two-parter.

It was a bit convenient that the fire guy was looking for money down by the water (for some strange reason).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mr E wrote: »
    That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was a bit rushed. They could have made it a two-parter.

It was a bit convenient that the fire guy was looking for money down by the water (for some strange reason).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I honestly expected Barry to correct Iris at the end and again claim that, "We are the Flash".

And Iris doesn't really know how Ralph feels - she knew the time of her expected death, whereas Ralph has no idea when anything might happen. Ah well kudos to him for actually saying something. Of course he had to apologise still to the amazing Iris with her leadership skills honed from a few months as a reporter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I've kind of switched my brain off at this stage in regards to the writing. There's no logical reason why Devoe wasn't tracking the gang and their pursuing of Melting Pot.

I imagine of the remaining two metas Devoe will get one of them but team flash will get the other who combined with the team and melting pot, will provide the perfect combo to defeat him.

It's still a fun show, but Devoe has been a write off much like Savitar. Shame as the first 2 seasons did the villains well (well at least til Zoom's mask came off).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

And is there any good reason why Devoe keeps finding the bus metas in the exact same order as Team Flash?
    Or why people are still satisfied that he's alive, and definitely not a fake, after just seeing him once in a court room?
    Or really most of the plot. I need to switch the brain off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Best episode in a long time, guest stars so well used not surprising given who directed. The save by Ralph was great too

ixoy wrote: »
    And is there any good reason why Devoe keeps finding the bus metas in the exact same order as Team Flash?
    Or why people are still satisfied that he's alive, and definitely not a fake, after just seeing him once in a court room?
    Or really most of the plot. I need to switch the brain off!

I just switched the show off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I've kind of switched my brain off at this stage in regards to the writing. There's no logical reason why Devoe wasn't tracking the gang and their pursuing of Melting Pot.

I imagine of the remaining two metas Devoe will get one of them but team flash will get the other who combined with the team and melting pot, will provide the perfect combo to defeat him.

It's still a fun show, but Devoe has been a write off much like Savitar. Shame as the first 2 seasons did the villains well (well at least til Zoom's mask came off).

I am assuming the whole point is that he thinks that he has won already and so sure that he is not thinking of the failures as he is such a genius to allow it happen. But I agree it is a bit of do not think about it. I think
    the folding man
    who is the last meta will be able to help them
    to get into his pocket universe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Jay was less sweary than usual.

So if Breacher lost his powers, how was he breaching?

At last Barry realises the thing I've been saying for a while about the show. Needs to lighten up. Now if Arrow could learn the same lesson

Needs more Beebo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Jay was less sweary than usual.

So if Breacher lost his powers, how was he breaching?

At last Barry realises the thing I've been saying for a while about the show. Needs to lighten up. Now if Arrow could learn the same lesson

Needs more Beebo

I think it was just his actual Vibe attacks that went. Opening breaches doesn't require as much effort so he can still do that for now, but will probably start losing it too.

At least, that's what I think anyway. I wondered the same thing during the episode and couldn't remember if they actually said something about it or if I just made that up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Penn wrote: »
    I think it was just his actual Vibe attacks that went. Opening breaches doesn't require as much effort so he can still do that for now, but will probably start losing it too.

At least, that's what I think anyway. I wondered the same thing during the episode and couldn't remember if they actually said something about it or if I just made that up.

They did. Caitlyn said the vibe burst would be the first thing to go, and eventually breaching would go

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I fell behind a lot of and miss a couple of shows. I steamed rolled through them. I'm up to Iris becoming the flash. I thought the show was building steam but the nuke bomb & Iris eps were a de-railed my interest a bit.

De Foe body jumping is a bit jarring. I really liked the original actor playing De Foe and in the first body, he jumped into. I assume his going to jump into the wife's body for the big showdown. It be weird if the final conflict is Flash Vs a random body De Foe jumped into.

I'm not sure why everyone was ok with wells to put on the brain cap? It seems like such a big risk and everyone made Vibe out to be a knob for not wanting Harry from dying.

I'm not into the show as much as I was Season 1 and most of Season 2. I prob stay with it till the end of this season. What can they really do with Season 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Are there many other key comic Flash storylines they havent done??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

There are a few villains not yet used , also Grodd was severely underused as was General Eiling but I love Clancy Brown, he's great.

Apparently Kevin Smith knows the storyline/plot they're going for in Season 5, he tweeted about it ages ago..

Said tweet.

https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/925466295469879296/photo/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Apparently Kevin Smith knows the storyline/plot they're going for in Season 5, he tweeted about it ages ago..

Said tweet.

https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/925466295469879296/photo/1
    Fixed display (remove the photo suffix for embedded display)
    https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/925466295469879296

So
    Ralph is dead
    &
    Caitlin has been cured of Killer Frost
    , while Devoe
    has become the super boss with all the powers that for now seems like he can't be beaten.

Also great seeing
    Neil Sandilands back as Devoe

And I think Harry
    will somehow become The Reverse Flash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So
    Ralph is dead
    &
    Caitlin has been cured of Killer Frost
    , while Devoe
    has become the super boss with all the powers that for now seems like he can't be beaten.

Also great seeing
    Neil Sandilands back as Devoe

And I think Harry
    will somehow become The Reverse Flash

That was a good episode I have to say. Once they get away from the whole time travel thing the writers can actually write decently. Now if they can just keep it up.
    I already gave up Arrow last year because it really has turned into an awful awful show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, that was a good episode. Signposted Ralph's death a bit too much, especially once he started giving an emotional speech about how much Barry helped him while he had Devoe in cuffs beside him. Knew what was going to happen at that stage. Also I know Devoe's wife is a supergenius and all, but deflecting bullets or whatever Iris shot at her with the sword was a bit too much. Could have just had her dodge out of the way. I don't think they ever mentioned that she was trained to be a ninja.

But other than that, I enjoyed the episode. Sets things up well going forward. Killer Frost hopefully gone for good. Original Devoe actor is back. They seem to be setting something up for Wells. Devoe's plan moves into the next stage. Hopefully a good run of episodes will cap off an alright season (at least, better than last season).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Previous episode: "Ralph, you need to take this seriously!"
    This episode: "Ralph, you're taking this too seriously!"

Advertisement