Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I enjoyed that. Good to see the original DeVoe back again. Just 5 episodes left for Marlize to cop on but not get her mind wiped.

Looks like Harry is getting less smart the more he uses his thinking cap too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Surprised they went there with Ralph. Gustin as always solid when the story requires it.

I assume whatever is going on with Harry is going to be the undoing of Devoe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ah Ralph why did it have to be Ralph. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ah Ralph why did it have to be Ralph. :(

Yea he was growing on me the last few episodes.. lots of big things happened this week. Wonder will they be permanent or will they hit the reset button?

I thought Ralph was going to be the last stand but didn't think he'd go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Given devoe is in Ralph's body they will find a way to desperate them. The other meta like the folding man and melting point are gone.

Say Caitlin should get her powers back. Would have been nice to have seen Caitlin get 1 of the notes at the end of an episode wonder what is going on and may be a couple of episodes later Frost get one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

god no..that would be such a cop out. Ralph is gone.

Blazer wrote: »
    god no..that would be such a cop out. Ralph is gone.

Bu we know when Devoe took over the first meta (the 1 with the power to read minds) that the other conscious was still inside as he said he was still trying to fight him. So it is possible that Ralph's mind is still there

Bu we know when Devoe took over the first meta (the 1 with the power to read minds) that the other conscious was still inside as he said he was still trying to fight him. So it is possible that Ralph's mind is still there

oh I know...but it would be better if he died and Flash has to deal with the consequences of it next season etc..become more badass etc.
    The writers seem to handle this side of it better than they do the more lightier stuff.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

oh I know...but it would be better if he died and Flash has to deal with the consequences of it next season etc..become more badass etc.
    The writers seem to handle this side of it better than they do the more lightier stuff.
    It's not like no comic book character has ever come back to life..

And as to bad-ass? I find "Bad-ass" serious Barry boring myself - he's a bit of an asshole. More fun Barry is better, less moping around. Last time Barry moped, he turned into an arch villain and tried to kill everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ixoy wrote: »
    It's not like no comic book character has ever come back to life..

And as to bad-ass? I find "Bad-ass" serious Barry boring myself - he's a bit of an asshole. More fun Barry is better, less moping around. Last time Barry moped, he turned into an arch villain and tried to kill everyone.

This x1000. Don't get me wrong, I loved Season 3, with the ripple effect of Flashpoint anchoring the season, but by the end I was just meh with it.

Sure Barry being an evil twisted version of himself was cool, and Gustin can do the whole Spidey 3 emo thing when needed, but it's not. I kind of hope for Season 5 that the show would take a page or 2 from Legends Of Tomorrow.. That's a show that can be serious and goofy at the same time, as witnessed with the Season 3 final battle :pac:

do we need 2 shows that are goofy though?
    I had forgotten about moping Barry alright from Flashpoint..yeah definitely had enough of him...ok lighthearted it is :)

I rather this season lighter side way better then Badass Barry. The Flash is not meant to be serious

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I kind of hope for Season 5 that the show would take a page or 2 from Legends Of Tomorrow.. That's a show that can be serious and goofy at the same time, as witnessed with the Season 3 final battle :pac:

I must be one of the few people that thought that finale was just really lame and way too goofy after all the build up to get to that point. There is no way I would like the Flash to go down that route in Season 5. A bit of fun and humour every now and then with a good story arc over goofy for me please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Axwell wrote: »
    I must be one of the few people that thought that finale was just really lame and way too goofy after all the build up to get to that point. There is no way I would like the Flash to go down that route in Season 5. A bit of fun and humour every now and then with a good story arc over goofy for me please.

I agree in a way, and I think that being a team show like Legends means you can afford to just go all-out goofy and have fun (personally I absolutely loved the finale and how crazy and fun it was), whereas with a show like The Flash where it really revolves around one singular hero, the story should be more personal and have a solid story arc. But I think The Flash should try and find a better balance between the two than it has been for the last two seasons. Last season in particular was unnecessarily dark and morbid, and that just sucked the life out of the show and the characters.

Another great episode, well I thought so anyways.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Another great episode, well I thought so anyways.
    I thought this was strong too. Snart was a good guest star (and clearly leaving the door open for a reappearance). Gustin showed he had the acting chops this week again and have Neils back as DeVoe has instantly made the character more interesting (I also saw his name is listed as "Starring" so I presume we can expect him full time until the finale).

Snart as the good guy who knows these guys have dealt with him as the bad guy works wonders another evil laurel is overkill but it also worked here really well, Harry is working great as the frustrated third wheel still wish the Gideon link would be explained did he have one on his earth is she programmed to respond to all versions of Wells or us there more going on here... Ralph seems to have been a very useful meta for Devoe in the Shape shifting and elasticity aspects so far there are several twists and turns left in this arc which I have to say I'm enjoying not as much as Zoom but slightly more than the Savitar one.

I'd say in terms of ranking villains over the 4 Seasons, I would go

Wells/Thawne
    Devoe
    Zoom
    Savitar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm no expert on radiation, but going by the number of Rads, shouldn't the entire CCPD now be dead or at least likely to have developed cancer?

• Advertisement

I'd say in terms of ranking villains over the 4 Seasons, I would go

Wells/Thawne
    Devoe
    Zoom
    Savitar

I'd probably swap Zoom and Devoe but agree on Thawne 100%. Savitar and Devoe are close for me, both have had their up and downs.

I wonder will we get anything on mystery girl in this episode. I had been thinking given an interview by Carlos Valdes
    could the mystery girl be a watcher of the multiverse/speedforce and is here to either stop or warn about an impending
    doom

About the mystery girl, I saw a headline from an interview which said about her
    we'll find out who she is this season

CastorTroy wrote: »
    About the mystery girl, I saw a headline from an interview which said about her
    we'll find out who she is this season

Carlos Valdes Said in some interview
    she will have some info into what the plot is next year

And another great episode,
    combined with flashbacks of Marlize & Clifford's life before the events of Season 1 with the Particle Accelerator explosion.

And Devoe's plan
    has a whiff of Escape From L.A

And confirmation that Coffee Shop Girl
    she's a speedster with purple & orange lightning

Their daughter but jealous of Iris?

Season 4 title & synopsis, with spoiler tags.
    We Are The Flash

Team Flash gets help from a surprising ally in their battle against DeVoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

After a lot of momentum last week, this week was the equivalent of a brick wall.

Doofus Wells why couldn't they just say Doofus Wells

• Advertisement

When Caitlin insisted on paying for the coffee it made me think isn't Joe the only one with a job?

Advertisement