Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When Caitlin insisted on paying for the coffee it made me think isn't Joe the only one with a job?

welfare check?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Blazer wrote: »
    welfare check?

Reverse Flash Wells money and I say they are consultant for the police (her and Cisco)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Another quite boring episode. Definitely not good when it's the penultimate one. Devoe is brilliant, but they completely sucked the life out of the rest of the episode by having it take so long and train to stop him (plus Cecile's side story).

It's still watchable, and the lack of a speedster enemy again has helped, but they really need to shake things up next season. It's stale as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

A lot of the recently renewed shows seem to be getting shorter episode orders. Probably wouldn't hurt doing that with the Arrowverse going forward. There is some abysmal time wasting happening across the board with the path to the "Enlightenment" being one example.

Legends of Tomorrow while enjoyable is also guilty of having some utter gash between the better episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Devoe parts, excellent
    Iris parts, not so much. And there's a LOT of Iris in this episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I won't cross post with all the other shows but some details for the next 4 part crossover
    I assume Supergirl on Sunday will be the first part.
    Not sure if spoilers are needed to talk about it but just in case
    A load of strange heroes go to Gotham and there'll be no sign of Batman. I wouldn't believe that.
    Seeing Rachel Nichols and Bridget Regan suggested in the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So any ideas as to what the big, big mistake
    Nora
    made could be?

Also
    Matrix Revolutions & Reloaded
    references, along with
    Star Trek

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Nora
    made could be?

Also
    references, along with
    Star Trek
    More time travel bull****. She actually stopped the satellite not Barry so she’s after changing time. So more time demons etc.

Blazer wrote: »
    More time travel bull****. She actually stopped the satellite not Barry so she’s after changing time. So more time demons etc.

Least it's not another
    speedster villain
    :pac:

Least it's not another
    speedster villain

in this case I would give it a pass
    Team Flash discover that Barry and Iris's offspring is evil and so Team Flash from the future send back a speedster under the pretext of being their daughter but who really is Joe's daughter to kill Iris...er break up Barry and Irish to spare us..er future civilisation from her evil.

• Advertisement

"No, my jacket is a one-of-a-kind..."

B*tch, please! Where you going getting designers to make you a one of a kind jacket on a blogger's salary?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Nora
    made could be?

Also
    references, along with
    Star Trek

The obvious one is that she stopped Barry from dying..Marlyse made a point of saying when he hit the satellite it could kill him, just as he did we got the time reverse and then Nora punching it with him. Could be that Iris is already pregnant and Nora never properly met her father and she went and changed him dying.

The most important thing is
    we get more Jessica Parker Kennedy
    Also
    references, along with
    Star Trek

I think you mean
    Star Wars
    :P When she said that you could see Barry just thinking "Thank God you're pretty!" :)

The ending did feel a bit rushed.
    Especially with Devoe appearing in the end and doing nothing. And doesn't this now mean that Devoe's mind is still in Ralph's head somewhere and Ralph has all the powers?

Oh and was nearly going to put on my sunglasses with all the lens flare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭Ronanc1

I think that ending really utilised the best of both worlds with humour and seriousness. As posted by someone previously the S3 Legends ending was just too goofy. This I think straddled the line way better with the Matrix-esque moments contrasted with the more serious scenes (like DeVoe was properly evil at the end attempting to kill a soon to be delivering mother and baby).

Axwell wrote: »
    The obvious one is that she stopped Barry from dying..Marlyse made a point of saying when he hit the satellite it could kill him, just as he did we got the time reverse and then Nora punching it with him. Could be that Iris is already pregnant and Nora never properly met her father and she went and changed him dying.

So big, big mistake potentially could mean
    FLASHPOINT 2
    ?,
    seeing as Nora helped/saved Barry with the satellite crashing down

I get the vibe (pun not intended),
    that Iris was cold to her/something happened between them, I mean she's stumbled into Barry already during Part 1 of Crisis On Earth X, crossed paths with Cisco & Ralph, and crossed paths again with Caitlin & Harry, but not Iris.

And apparently according to Todd Helbing,
    Nora comes 30 years from the future
    , I read that somewhere, or may have seen it on a YouTube video or two, not sure which.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Was wondering about Ralph too surely he should be more Metamorpho now than Elongated Man, I was really expecting Harry to hop into the thinker chair and go full Thawne mode.

Casting call description for the Season 5 villain.
    An open ethnicity role for a man in his 40s. “Desmond” is a metahuman who, after a mysterious action with dark matter, was not only given immortality but also the gift to disable other metahuman powers. He blames metas for everything that has gone wrong in his life and because of that, his mission is to wipe Central City free of them in order to silence his own anguish. Whoever gets cast as “Desmond”, he would be a one year fractional series regular.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The most important thing is
    we get more Jessica Parker Kennedy

I'd recommend Black Sails if you want more of her, or all of her in some scenes...... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Nora
    made could be?

Also
    references, along with
    Star Trek

And a couple of references to
    Buffy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pop culture references to distract from how weak the finale was? :)

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Pop culture references to distract from how weak the finale was? :)

They would have needed a lot more references for that.

Bit of a limp finale alright. I liked the resolution to Wells' story and his scenes with Cisco, and it might be good to have Ralph back. He started to grow on me a bit as it went on. But the resolution to the overall Thinker story was just weak, especially with Barry speeding Ralph to 100m down from the hole he had to take him through, to explain he had to take him through it, then when Devoes started showing up, decided to talk and fight with them instead of just speeding through the hole.

I really lost all enthusiasm for the show over the last two seasons. It's still watchable, but that's not really a great state for the show to be in. They really need to shake things up next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

So DeVoe’s wife thinks he’s evil and this only happened due to dark matter even though this was his goal since they met and she basically supported it the entire time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

He crossed the line from Evil to Eeeeeeeeeeevil.

200px-Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

In fairness they starting sowing the seeds of doubt in the wife's head a few episodes in so it wasn't that much of a stretch that she'd turn on him.

Clareman wrote: »
    I'd recommend Black Sails if you want more of her, or all of her in some scenes...... :D

Oh I know. From The Secret Circle to Black Sails. Always nice to see her

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Clareman wrote: »
    In fairness they starting sowing the seeds of doubt in the wife's head a few episodes in so it wasn't that much of a stretch that she'd turn on him.

It was fairly recent she started turning wasn’t it? Don’t remember exactly.

She was pretty evil for most of the series and seems to be perfectly happy killing all but one of the bus metas.

Now she’s free to roam the plains of Africa helping people. They even wanted her to join team Flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Nora
    made could be?

Also
    references, along with
    Star Trek

There was an interview by Todd Helbing in relation to the mistake. He said that she has
    time traveled 4 times so she was not there all the time so maybe during 1 of those times she may have done something. If Iris is not pregnant at the end of the episode then Barry would not have died
    . There was also meant to be a spoiler at the end of the episode of the villian
    Cicada not a speedster
    but was removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I kinda speed watch the last few ones due to not being that into it. Was "this house be bitching" paid off in any way? It felt like a set up for something.

I kinda speed watch the last few ones due to not being that into it. Was "this house be bitching" paid off in any way? It felt like a set up for something.

Isn't that what Nora said when she entered Joe's house in the last episode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Penn wrote: »
    Isn't that what Nora said when she entered Joe's house in the last episode?

Yep just finished the last episode and that's what she said before telling the group who she really is.

Advertisement