Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Thanks, guys. Suppose it was an ok pay off. Devoe takedown of the A.R.G.U.S
    unit was fantastic, especially for T.V. budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Hartley Sawyer & Danielle Nicolet promoted to Series Regulars for Season 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ralph was great hopefully they fully utilise his arsenal of powers next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Jessica Parker Kennedy (Nora) Will Be a Series Regular for Season 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Clearly going in a new direction with Wally's new Flash costume

keiynan-lonsdale-mtv-movie-tv-awards-2018-06.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Looks like something an alien would wear in the original Star Trek series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No idea what's happening here, but it looks good. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The main villain this season is
    Cicada, who will be played by Chris Klein

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Are the actually gonna do
    The Flash ring
    for this season and beyond or just here and there throughout Season 5?

Remember after American Pie he was set for big things. The next Keanu Reeves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Remember after American Pie he was set for big things. The next Keanu Reeves.

Was his career stalled and ruined by Scientology and Tom Cruise over Katie Holmes

But sure. Last film of his I remember was the one where Heather Graham cut his ear off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,840 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Returns Tuesday night in the States.

Returns 18th October at 8pm on Sky1

Good start to the season. Nora is as likable as her dad. :)

It's hard to take Chris Klein seriously as a bad guy though. I've only ever seen him play nice guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I had to stop watching this when it got to the midway point of last season. Same as Arrow. I tried to start Arrow again 2 weeks ago but felt like shoving arrows in my eyes and ears.

Is Iris still running the show?

Crap! Forgot this was back. Already have Lethal Weapon, The Purge and The Gifted for the same day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm in two minds whether to stick with it: every time it seemed like The Flash had got its act together, and over its worse impulses, the show fell back into the same old patterns of laziness across the production.

Name dropped quite a few characters and then the crisis drop too could be an interesting year of DC tv what with the character development planned during the crossover it really does key up a very significant event in the near future of the shows.

I think I'll give Arrow and Flash until the crossover then decide whether to keep watching

• Advertisement

I'm expecting arrow to be very slow start as usual really but yeah I'll probably do the same might have to start watching Supergirl though too just to get prepared for the crossover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,840 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Even Nora hates Iris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

More meh. Not a good start. I already gave up on the arrow 2 seasons ago and this might be far behind as well. How can they still be doing time travel stories knowing it ruins basically every show that does it with the exception of Star Trek, T2 and one or two others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Stopped watching Arrow half way through last season along with Super Girl.
    Flash, I’ve hopes for this season but I’m worried that they are going to retread the same old ground. Already they are setting Barry up for another confrontation with Iris and the team. Like Nora but the big bad in this season - nope not doing it for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Sorry Nora but you are Max from Black Sails to me.

Which reminds me, I must watch Black Sails again, for, *ahem* research.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Watched the first episode. It was okay. Nora seems like a good character and could work well with the show. Ralph did grow on me a bit towards the end of last season and was good in this episode.

I just especially don't know if I can stomach another season of Iris and Caitlin. Iris is boring and frustrating and even Killer Frost couldn't make Caitlin interesting, not to mention how badly she was acted. Joe is wasted, Harry is gone (and probably a new version of him this season, not sure what they're doing with him), Wally seems to be off to find himself for another year (you have superspeed, how have you not found you yet?) and Cisco still tends to be wasted in terms of using his powers.

But at the same time, I've just lost a lot of interest in these shows I think. I enjoyed Black Lightning last season but don't know if I'll bother this season. Legends of Tomorrow is probably the only one I'll stick with religiously, and I'll check out the crossover and see what Batwoman is like. The others I might wait for a few episodes to build up then binge as opposed to watching week after week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I loved The Flash at the start, and the start of Season 4 felt most like those first episodes but as the seasons have ticked over, it has shown itself as one of the most creatively constipated shows on TV, either incapable or just afraid of shaking up its own formula. Heck, it took 3 seasons before it even summoned the bravery to NOT have a speedster villain. The villains of the week are completely rote and half the time feel purely lazy now - halfassed FX whizzing about while someone in a biker jacket glowers - bookending tedious dramatic handwringing from Barry.

Clareman wrote: »
    Sorry Nora but you are Max from Black Sails to me.

Which reminds me, I must watch Black Sails again, for, *ahem* research.

Hmm, if the women on this show acted like the women on Black Sails, there may be less complaints about the amount of screen time they get.
    But yeah seeing her act all happy and innocent on this show is like seeing Shaw relatively helpless on Reverie.

Not sure what the deal is between Nora and Iris, since she seems to have a great relationship with the rest of the family.
    It does mean we know the West family is safe enough for a while yet.

First episode was grand and mostly lighthearted for now.

Average episode with a decent ending this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Even Nora hates the team flash Craic " go team Allen West" heavy eyeroll

Advertisement