Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Schway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Schway

A few episodes of Blacksails were more shwing than schway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Even Nora hates the team flash Craic " go team Allen West" heavy eyeroll

Seems to have quite the issue with Iris....interesting to see where that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seems to have quite the issue with Iris....interesting to see what that goes.

Probably due to Barry's disappearance, Iris doesn't/wouldn't approve of Nora using her powers and emulating her late father, and that causes them to drift apart.

That'd be my guess anyways.

Clareman wrote: »
    A few episodes of Blacksails were more shwing than schway

I agree. Though she is also very schway.
    Seems to have quite the issue with Iris....interesting to see where that goes.

I was wondering what age she's meant to be since it seems a lot of girls fall out with their mothers on tv.
    Or could be she sees her mother every day so doesn't want to spend her time catching up with her when she could be with her father who she never sees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I agree. Though she is also very schway.

I was wondering what age she's meant to be since it seems a lot of girls fall out with their mothers on tv.
    Or could be she sees her mother every day so doesn't want to spend her time catching up with her when she could be with her father who she never sees

Haven't watched episode 2 yet but my impression was that there was bad blood there alright. Maybe Iris gave up/moved on when Barry disappeared in the future or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I'm done with the Arrowverse, all of it. First few seasons of Arrow were good. First 2 seasons of Flash. Despised Supergirl and Legends from the get go. Now it's all equally rubbish. Sick and tired of a brooding Batman-wannabe Green Arrow, sick of The Flash being unable to do ANYTHING without his little pep squad. Sick of Supergirl and Martian Manhunter being super nerfed 24/7.

I was rewatching a few episodes of Smallville recently. Yes it had its fair share of flaws, particularly in how it handled Doomsday and Darkseid in S9 and S10, but it had heart and was true to the character. I can't say that for any of the Arrowverse shows anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Sat through esp 1 of the new flash. I say be the same level as last season. The magic is gone for sure. Don't think the new suit looks good at all. Looking forward to the crossover shows, they look fun this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I like Cavanaugh but could he not just have come back as his dumber Earth - 2 version?

Why not have Raphael Dibny appear instead of Sherloque.

I knew it wouldn't be Batman so I was hoping for the next best thing - Detective Chimp

• Advertisement

I got a weird feeling about Detective Wells...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I got a weird feeling about Detective Wells...

Watching it now and I'm a bit disappointed that they're going down the road of yet another Wells for this season.

We'll see what happens I suppose, but the fun has definitely been sucked out of the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No fun what so ever in this show I'll stick it out till the crossover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Nora has replaced iris as the most annoying character in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think Iris is having Nora already. She must be definitely pregnant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

sky88 wrote: »

schway

Jesse L. Martin is taking a break from the show due to medical issues..

https://www.newsweek.com/flash-season-5-jesse-l-martin-leaving-medical-back-injury-1195756

Yeah noticed he was sitting in pretty much every scene he was in.

Just when I was thinking recently that I'm surprised The Flash doesn't have a gay main character like the other shows.

I'm no expert on speedsters, but I would think knocking them out while their hand is phased into someone's chest is a bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

I'm no expert on speedsters, but I would think knocking them out while their hand is phased into someone's chest is a bad idea.
    I think the catch was that while she was phased into Barry's chest, he was also phasing to stop her being able to kill him, so it was okay to knock her out at that stage.

Yeah noticed he was sitting in pretty much every scene he was in.

Just when I was thinking recently that I'm surprised The Flash doesn't have a gay main character like the other shows.

Leo Snart covered the gay character Nora definitely knocked on that door recently, I always thought Heatwave and Captain Cold were leaning towards things in their brief time on the show too

• Advertisement

Flash also has the police Captain, but unlike Supergirl (Alex), Arrow (William, Curtis) and Legends (Sara, Ava) he isn't a series regular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,840 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jesse as an actor has been wasted the last couple of seasons to be honest.

Joe out Wally back in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Joe out Wally back in?
    I really hope not

What happened Wally. He was written off the show to join the Legends then written off the Legends before he even appeared, to go find himself

What happened Wally. He was written off the show to join the Legends then written off the Legends before he even appeared, to go find himself

he came out recently as bi and decided to take some time out..to find himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

sky88 wrote: »

She is actually $hite. Only interesting thing about this season so far is the villain. He actually looks like he could be half decent.

Its just really annoying me how they downgraded the whole effecting the timeline issue. This nonsense of them chatting to the legends and saying Nora coming back is a "soft" part of the timeline that doesn' t have a massive impact is such a cop out. Surely your daughter coming back in time has to have a massive impact, its already changed the identity of the villain, yet its a "soft" part of the timeline.

Previous seasons have had Black Flash and time wreaths coming after people for changing the timeline but nothing here to accommodate this nonsense storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Blazer wrote: »
    I think Iris is having Nora already. She must be definitely pregnant

Nora is 3 in 2024 would have to be a long pregnancy.

Nora is 3 in 2024 would have to be a long pregnancy.

I meant as she must be pregnant in real life. Notice how she’s put on weight and she’s wearing jackets etc to hide it on screen plus filming her from waist up etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Blazer wrote: »
    I meant as she must be pregnant in real life. Notice how she’s put on weight and she’s wearing jackets etc to hide it on screen plus filming her from waist up etc.
    Ahh now you say it true just never clicked

• Advertisement

No episode on last night due to elections in America

Advertisement