Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hate to admit that I saw it, but I was thinking it was the guy from America's Got Talent. Turned out it was. Troy James.

But I thought of Tooms from X Files as well, even though I'm familiar with Rag Doll from the comics. Great in the Gail Simone Secret Six comics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Hate to admit that I saw it, but I was thinking it was the guy from America's Got Talent. Turned out it was. Troy James.

But I thought of Tooms from X Files as well, even though I'm familiar with Rag Doll from the comics. Great in the Gail Simone Secret Six comics

I just looked up this guy's audition. This fcuker needs a straight up excorcism. I heard he was a contortionist but still thought he got extra bonus help from Special Effects but nope.

Yeah the only parts that needed help were really obvious like when he made himself really flat. Looking at his imdb, seems the AGT appearance has helped him get tv work.

I know there's a Secret Six series in the works, but seems no one knows the direction they'll go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

The sounds and moments of Rag Doll were creepy should have been a Halloween episode. I didn't mind the chat scene all the much the 1 between Cisco & Caitlin was the best and I say the 1 with Nora should have been with Joe but with Jesse L Martin on injury leave they had to clear it up. I know The Flash get a bad rep for tension (deserved) but they could have kept it with Iris Barry & Nora for at least 1 more episode. Also also there was a scene I am suspecting was accidentally left out as I say it is key for another episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k5VAh9N3JQ

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

100th episode synopsis.
    Barry and Team Flash come up with a plan to stop Cicada. However, the plan calls for Barry and Nora to travel back in time to gather some key necessities. However, Barry hesitates, concerned about his daughter seeing certain parts of his life. Meanwhile, Sherloque takes his concerns about Nora to Iris, and Caitlin turns up a key asset in the fight against Cicada.

Last line also seems to confirm
    Killer Frost
    will be back in the 100th.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Damnit, I'm still watching this. I can't look away. It's such a stupidly written show yet the charisma of its cast just about earns it a pass. The dearth of properly fun comicbook TV also helps give it a second, second chance.

Wish at this stage they'd just repair Star Labs; that exterior shot, still showing damage from the particle accelerator explosion, irks me. Doubly the fact the show just ignores the reality of ... well, what does Star Labs do? Who cleans up, and how do they keep the lights running? They admitted they have 'stocks' in the Labs, so clearly somebody, somewhere thinks the place has value.

Yeah yeah, it's a show about supersonic human beings, but when the ground-level reality is this badly written it kinda gets in the way of the fun.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Damnit, I'm still watching this. I can't look away. It's such a stupidly written show yet the charisma of its cast just about earns it a pass. The dearth of properly fun comicbook TV also helps give it a second, second chance.

Wish at this stage they'd just repair Star Labs; that exterior shot, still showing damage from the particle accelerator explosion, irks me. Doubly the fact the show just ignores the reality of ... well, what does Star Labs do? Who cleans up, and how do they keep the lights running? They admitted they have 'stocks' in the Labs, so clearly somebody, somewhere thinks the place has value.

Yeah yeah, it's a show about supersonic human beings, but when the ground-level reality is this badly written it kinda gets in the way of the fun.

I always thought they were keeping it looking run down as if it is not safe for anyone to go in due to the explosion

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I always thought they were keeping it looking run down as if it is not safe for anyone to go in due to the explosion

But then they opened a Star Labs Museum last year, an idea quickly forgotten, and then there was the glib mention of 'shares' as an excuse to pay for Wells' fee. Plus I think Barry was gifted the Labs by the original Wells, in which case how is he keeping the lights on a CSI wage?

Ugh. Ha, hey, I'm probably giving it more thought than the writers clearly do; it's just sometimes while I can enjoy The Flash's open, pulpy embrace of the inherent goofiness of its source, I just wish they took a little more care in building out the actual world, and not this "f*ck it, they found a lounge in Star Labs"

But then they opened a Star Labs Museum last year, an idea quickly forgotten, and then there was the glib mention of 'shares' as an excuse to pay for Wells' fee. Plus I think Barry was gifted the Labs by the original Wells, in which case how is he keeping the lights on a CSI wage?

Ugh. Ha, hey, I'm probably giving it more thought than the writers clearly do; it's just sometimes while I can enjoy The Flash's open, pulpy embrace of the inherent goofiness of its source, I just wish they took a little more care in building out the actual world, and not this "f*ck it, they found a lounge in Star Labs"

Ya I scratched my head at this 1

The lounge was stupid. I would see through it if it was a secret room but nope. I'm sure they've said more than once that they searched the entire facility when looking for someone or something.

As for keeping the lights on, a simple solution would be that Cisco built a battery to store charge that Barry provided.

At least Barry has a job. Caitlin and Cisco are just freeloaders

• Advertisement

Haha, also true: what do Cisco / Caitlin do for money? Is Barry paying them, as owner of Star Labs? But then if so, what do the Labs do? Why would anyone buy stocks from a company that does nothing.

Argh! :D

I wouldn't mind, but it's not like they couldn't easily relocate to some new HQ, at least try to rejig the dynamic to mine some easy drama from (say) Cisco trying to be the eyes & ears of Team Flash while juggling with some engineering job. We know Caitlin's mum has a Super Science company after all.

But then that'd probably mean the CW have to build new sets, hire new actors.

I think they get paid to be consultants with CCPD, though not quite sure how much of a steady income that generates.

Haha, also true: what do Cisco / Caitlin do for money? Is Barry paying them, as owner of Star Labs? But then if so, what do the Labs do? Why would anyone buy stocks from a company that does nothing.

Argh! :D

I wouldn't mind, but it's not like they couldn't easily relocate to some new HQ, at least try to rejig the dynamic to mine some easy drama from (say) Cisco trying to be the eyes & ears of Team Flash while juggling with some engineering job. We know Caitlin's mum has a Super Science company after all.

But then that'd probably mean the CW have to build new sets, hire new actors.

Isn't Cisco not a consultant or something for the police in relation to metahumans and do they not help ARGUS so maybe both help them pay plus didn't reverse flash wells leave lots of money also I know they did not want to touch any of it at first

See, the fact none of us are sure what the story is with the basic foundations of the cast... kinda proves my point :D

Flashpoint was such wasted potential; IIRC, they had Iris and Wally fighting crime from an apartment / warehouse, and that could have been a decent mini-reboot from the lazy Star Labs laziness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Okay, my entry for a No-Prize on the "how do they pay for it" question:

Before Star Labs blew up, it was a very wealthy lab, presumably with lots of patented ideas licensed out to private industry. The explosion stopped them continuing to create new ideas, but didn't end the income stream from the licensed IP. Barry didn't just inherit the building, he inherited the IP, and therefore the licence income. That's how they pay for all the fancy gadgets they develop, and everything else that would be way beyond their employment income means...

Grace to wake up just in time to stop Cicada from killing Flash/destroying city?

Was there any mention of Ralph or why he wasn't invited to dinner? Poor Ralph

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Grace to wake up just in time to stop Cicada from killing Flash/destroying city?

Was there any mention of Ralph or why he wasn't invited to dinner? Poor Ralph

I think she is going to die and he will go super bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Episode 100 next week - they're promising a great episode. Fingers crossed, because it's just cruising along at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think she is going to die and he will go super bad

I reckon she will recover or Caitlin will help her and they’re retire to a nice quiet life, hence why the flash has never caught him or at least that everyone knows off

Blazer wrote: »
    I reckon she will recover or Caitlin will help her and they’re retire to a nice quiet life, hence why the flash has never caught him or at least that everyone knows off

But that is the David Hursh Cicada not this 1. He was never meant to be Cicada Nora made him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The so called speed lab speed tunnels pipeline are a large hadron particle accelerator they use to run around in, muttley you snickering hound

Mr E wrote: »
    Episode 100 next week - they're promising a great episode. Fingers crossed, because it's just cruising along at the moment.

Well going off the teaser for the episode
    Thawne,
    Hunter Zolomon
    &
    Savitar
    are coming back, obviously cause
    time travel
    , but how they'll fit into the episode's story, remains to be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,610 ✭✭✭corkie

Elseworlds, Crossover!

The Flash ~ Elseworlds, Part 1 ~ 9 Dec. 2018

Arrow ~ Elseworlds, Part 2 ~ 10 Dec. 2018

SuperGirl ~ Elseworlds, Part 3 ~ 11 Dec. 2018

^^^ Links may contain spoilers to the crossover series of episodes.

Edit:- Elseworlds (Arrowverse Crossover) [** Spoilers **] Thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Episode 100 was the best episode of The Flash in 2 seasons.
    Probably the best Tom Cavanagh (acted) episode since season 2 - it really highlighted what a dumb parody character Sherloque really is.

So many easter eggs too. Loved the Cisco/Thawne handshake. :D

And that ending? (before the logo)
    What's going on with Nora?

Mr E wrote: »
    Episode 100 was the best episode of The Flash in 2 seasons.
    Probably the best Tom Cavanagh (acted) episode since season 2 - it really highlighted what a dumb parody character Sherloque really is.

So many easter eggs too. Loved the Cisco/Thawne handshake. :D

And that ending? (before the logo)
    What's going on with Nora?

It was total fan service, tip of the hat too to Tom Cavanagh.

As for the ending, I didn't expect it, it'll be interesting unwrapping that little side plot in the 2nd half of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

I've had 'Back in Time' stuck in my head all day because of this.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It was total fan service, tip of the hat too to Tom Cavanagh.

As for the ending, I didn't expect it, it'll be interesting unwrapping that little side plot in the 2nd half of the season.

Its been obvious for some time. I am experiencing some deja vu as I thought I have seen a scene like that before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

It was the Tom Cavanagh show - acting masterclass! He also directed the episode too which is pretty cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It was the Tom Cavanagh show - acting masterclass! He also directed the episode too which is pretty cool!

Pretty good episode and shows that Wells was a fantastic villain. Out of all the wells he’s been my favorite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Not that I am complaining but surely
    Eobard Thawne in the future should have been Matt Letscher not TC

Advertisement