Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Probably budget reasons. TC was already on the payroll. :)

TC was also the Reverse Flash in the crossover last year if I recall correctly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The writers on The Flash can't be accused of having the most rigorous adherence to their own continuity, so any mistake is probably their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,148 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mr E wrote: »

Yeah I think he also made a reference to the fact he looks like Wells because of how Barry screwed up the timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Not that I am complaining but surely
    Eobard Thawne in the future should have been Matt Letscher not TC

Mr. E is correct, well partially, as
    Matt Letscher
    is currently occupied with Narcos on Netflix. Probably be back as soon as the schedule can allow it.

And TC was in the crossover last year
    he's been spotted in a scene from Elseworlds
    as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Not that I am complaining but surely
    Eobard Thawne in the future should have been Matt Letscher not TC

The directors said that
    this version of RF is the same one from last years crossover, in the scene where he leaves he says to Barry I wonder what face ill be wearing next time we meet (its the TC face at the time). So that version of RF is the one we see in prison in the current episode.

• Advertisement

Jesse L. Martin
    will be returning in Episode 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So any guesses what Norah and Thawne are up to? I mean Norah is lying to Barry since isn't she supposedly stuck in the past? Though I think that was revealed as a lie already and she's choosing to stay. Can't remember.

So did the 2 go away in the lightning?

Always find it mad that they get Morena Baccarin every time for Gideon and never give her a credit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So any guesses what Norah and Thawne are up to? I mean Norah is lying to Barry since isn't she supposedly stuck in the past? Though I think that was revealed as a lie already and she's choosing to stay. Can't remember.

So did the 2 go away in the lightning?

Always find it mad that they get Morena Baccarin every time for Gideon and never give her a credit

They know she can travel back it was discovered same episode they said she could not. I think Nora is mostly down to wanting her dad to live and stop Crisis. Reverse Flash is tied to the
    countdown timer I say

Going by that last scene, I think Chris Klein is a graduate of the Joey Tribiani acting class.

I enjoyed this week's episode. Better than usual.

I think Grace is going to be a villain when she wakes up (and Orlin becomes a good guy and talks her down).
    All with the Reverse Flash hanging around in the background as the real villain...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh I forgot this & the other CW shows were back; felt like a particularly long break for some reason ...

Saw Robert Picardo's name in the end credits so went back through the episode to see how I missed him. He was the voice of the museum

A bit of a filler dead-end episode this week where "team flash does stupid things... again".
    Entertaining enough though.

A bit of a filler dead-end episode this week where "team flash does stupid things... again".
    Entertaining enough though.

Filler episode really. You had Barry and Ralph go to get something for the
    Meta cure which they are to use on Cicada
    Nora trying to stop Sherloque from finding her secret

Iris was filler maybe but it helped and she actually did something (
    up to the end bit which was for plot but stupid
    ) which made her decent for a long time and they did not kill away the meta so we can see him again

All these moved the story some bit along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Meh. Iris... Was hoping against hope she’d be killed off at last on that episode. Guess I have to keep on dreaming...
    Otherwise not too bad of an episode, bit by the numbers in large part but entertaining all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i dont know if its cause Nora is taking all my hate right now but i think iris has been good this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

sky88 wrote: »
    i dont know if its cause Nora is taking all my hate right now but i think iris has been good this season
    I think the storyline with her and Nora has helped. In the previous seasons they've rammed her down our throats, forcing her front and centre where she doesn't belong. But this season, at least up to now, the storyline between them has been Nora slowly realising how important she (Iris) is to the team, and finding a new respect for her. In order to do that, they had to make her involvement less front and centre, and a bit more subtle. Subtle works best for the character I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Does Ralph still have all the powers or us he just elongated man. He's my favourite besides Vibe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Does Ralph still have all the powers or us he just elongated man. He's my favourite besides Vibe.

He just has stretch powers, he'd be a bit OP if he still had them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Apparently Cisco is leaving after this season.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/carlos-valdes-leaving-flash-season-5/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Blazer wrote: »
    Apparently Cisco is leaving after this season.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/carlos-valdes-leaving-flash-season-5/

Yeah, I think he has run his course on the Flash, he is much more suited for Legends of Tomorrow.

So did they really get Cecile for that small part? Seemed like something was off with it.

Since watching Russian Doll at the weekend I was on a bit of a Time Loop kick, watching Happy Death Day and Edge of Tomorrow and then this episode happens. Coincidence.

Did have to laugh at the fact Barry is explaining what time travelling for an hour (52 times) can do to time. Mainly because he's explaining that wee thing to his daughter from the future!

Apparently
    Godspeed
    is going to be making an appearance in Episode 18.

No need for that opening. Just gave away
    King Shark would be back
    And why does someone with superspeed walk slowly up to the big beast?

Since when did Team Flash worry about testing their inventions? They just always seem to work.

And after all the talk of basically being ethical in giving people a choice
    how ethical is it to put someone into a medically induced coma?

Some sub-SyFy effects in that one. Yikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Pretty awful alright. I think once Cisco leaves after this season there’s a real danger Flash could get canned.

In a season of relatively predictable episodes in a predictable season, that was a true blindside.

Really great episode. Well played, Flash writers. :)

I was wondering where they would go with it. It was hinted at when Norah went inside Grace's head.

So what happens if Cicada says he doesn't want the cure?

Where was the person to take the photo of Flash's meeting with Cicada?

I keep forgetting they work out of STAR labs. Probably because it has a lot less impact on the world and a lot less employees.

I assume CCTV in the area.

• Advertisement

Advertisement