Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Loved this week's episode. That's two good ones in a row now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mr E wrote: »
    Loved this week's episode. That's two good ones in a row now. :)

Dare we hope for a 3rd in a row when it returns next month?

Pretty good comeback episode with callbacks to Season 1, and pretty much fills in the rest of Nora's backstory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The biggest question I have is Why/How was there a spotlight on Nora after Barry left her in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Barry a little harsh but good return episode

• Advertisement

Great episode this week. The season is finishing strong.

I agree with IGN's review though - they shouldn't have made Godspeed a throwaway villain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I agree with IGN's review though - they shouldn't have made Godspeed a throwaway villain.

Yeah Godspeed is a pretty big villain in the comics and the storyline that introduced him could have been a great season long plot line .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

He is not dead only captured and there are stories he will be back maybe next season
    Yeah Godspeed is a pretty big villain in the comics and the storyline that introduced him could have been a great season long plot line .

Godspeed aint a big villain in the comic he is more an anti hero within a 1 or 2 comics

He is not dead only captured and there are stories he will be back maybe next season

Godspeed aint a big villain in the comic he is more an anti hero within a 1 or 2 comics

Yeah you're right about him being more of an antihero but I remember him being around for a good amount of issues when he first showed. Also he still shows up in the odd issue.

I don't see how they can show him again as he is not really a proper speedster as he needs velocity 9 for that plus he is from the future and I'm assuming the future won't be shown much next season if Nora is not around anymore (assuming she is only around for this season)

Well that was an interesting episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

everything with Nora involved im just not into i just think shes a poor actress (never seen her in anything else)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

sky88 wrote: »
    everything with Nora involved im just not into i just think shes a poor actress (never seen her in anything else)

Watch Black Sails.... Just saying..... :pac::pac::pac:

I thought that episode was all over the place.

A dip in quality after the last few.

Let's have 3 great episodes to finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was pretty boring. Real filler material. Also they seem to be really inconsistent with Ralph and Wells. One week Ralph is an idiot then the next he's really reliable and offering advice. One week Wells comes across as a fraud, piggybacking on others' ideas, the next he can understand and speak in scientific terms

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Think they should be cancelling the flash instead of arrow and supernatural the show only had one or two good seasons after that it's been mediocre and flat

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Farty88 wrote: »
    Think they should be cancelling the flash instead of arrow and supernatural the show only had one or two good seasons after that it's been mediocre and flat
    'Supernatural' ended because the cast wanted to end it - it wasn't cancelled by the network. Still would prefer though another season of it over 'The Flash'.
    Oh and 'Arrow' also ended because Amell was finished with the show - not the CW cancelling it really. Although in the case of 'Arrow' I'd be happy for it to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ixoy wrote: »
    'Supernatural' ended because the cast wanted to end it - it wasn't cancelled by the network. Still would prefer though another season of it over 'The Flash'.
    Oh and 'Arrow' also ended because Amell was finished with the show - not the CW cancelling it really. Although in the case of 'Arrow' I'd be happy for it to go.

agreed.Arrow turned into awful ****e once Curtis came into it and they decided that basically anyone could be a super hero. Gave up on it after season 4 I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This is a problem with all the CW shows, not just Arrow; they insist on making everyone a superhero. And I've just never warmed to Cisco & Caitlin being metas (or, whatever Caitlin is supposed to be - that changes from episode to episode)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

All caught up... this show talks about "ice personas". What hell like? I don't watch this show for rigourous science fiction but the waffle over Killer Frost is unreal. Her DNA gives you an evil ice alter ego? And her dad looked like an undead lounge singer...

I think I might have ended up hate-watching this. It's such drivel sometimes, but think I love it all the same :confused::)

Going to take a big 2 episodes to make me stick around for next season :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Stopped watching several seasons back. I like superhero stuff but this is just too poorly written.

Well The Flash's piece of Crisis On Infinite Earths has been put in place.

And Thawne's on the loose again.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well The Flash's piece of Crisis On Infinite Earths has been put in place.

And Thawne's on the loose again.

Yeah the second half of next season is going to be very interesting if it happens for real

very good episode and set up everything for next season nicely

Oh my god. I'm usually fairly relaxed when it comes to time travel logic in SciFi (I am a Dr Who fan after all), but holy hell this show's thundering idiocy makes my eyes twitch. The writers obviously don't give two sh*ts to internal logic, so I guess, why should I?

The finale was fine, the emotional beats kinda paid off but some felt unearned (Cisco), or half assed (also Cisco; the entire Cicada II plot). Just wish this shows writers would put a bit more effort, it only needs a nudge.

I guess next stop the "Crisis" event, but as I don't watch Legends or Arrow, and am unlikely to take a shine to Batwoman, I'll be even more confused than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

pixelburp wrote: »
    This is a problem with all the CW shows, not just Arrow; they insist on making everyone a superhero. And I've just never warmed to Cisco & Caitlin being metas (or, whatever Caitlin is supposed to be - that changes from episode to episode)

Cisco and Caitlin have the same abilities in the comics so not just a “CW thing”

TonyD79 wrote: »
    Cisco and Caitlin have the same abilities in the comics so not just a “CW thing”

I know, but that doesn't change what I'm saying; the show making almost everyone a meta cheapens the drama IMO (remember when it was just a show of Barry the CSI, helping out part time with Star Labs?), while the internal logic just feels a total jumble.

Again, this show, with a straight face, blathered about "Ice Personas" a few episodes back. The risk in analysing anything in The Flash is that you'll have committed 100% more rationality than the actual writers ever do/did :D

I kind of wished they'd bring it back to Season 1, Barry gets his speed with Thawne's help, and his machinations in the background as usual, but he continues to be a CSI while also being the titular hero.

No need for the you get meta abilities, you get meta abilities, everyone gets meta abilities.

I and this is going back to last seasons crossover when Oliver said Barry can't cope without a motivational speech from the team, I wish they'd knock that on the head.

Who'd ever wanna be a TV show writer :pac:

Basically the show blew it's proverbial in the first season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I’m only 3 episodes in so no spoilers please.

Joe hasn’t been shown to be at work this season. Is he on paternity leave?

If so, why the hell isn’t he doing any parenting? He is has been hiding in secret parts of STAR Labs, lounging around reading the newspaper, and generally doing nothing.

He has always been a very likeable character but I don’t like him at all at the moment. Lazy arse :P

• Advertisement

The actor suffered a back injury so his scenes necessitated him sitting down the whole time. Dunno how much info you want as to what happens, but he does get better eventually.

Advertisement