Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

pixelburp wrote: »
    The actor suffered a back injury so his scenes necessitated him sitting down the whole time. Dunno how much info you want as to what happens, but he does get better eventually.

Well that explains it.

I think they could have thought something that make it look like Joe is just sitting on his arse all day though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is it worth watching the new season?

is it worth watching the new season?

I don't think anyone can answer that question except yourself.:confused:

I don't think anyone can answer that question except yourself.:confused:

Yeah i watched up until the start where the bring barrys time traveling daughter into it, i pretty much clocked out there. Every bad guy just seemed to be a repeat of the last, also the crossover shows always fcuk me up because im never up to date with everything

Yeah i watched up until the start where the bring barrys time traveling daughter into it, i pretty much clocked out there. Every bad guy just seemed to be a repeat of the last, also the crossover shows always fcuk me up because im never up to date with everything

The first three big bad bad's were indeed repeats - three speedsters who all wanted Barry's power - but The Thinker was a much better villain. Although he took a major dip in quality when they body swapped a very good actor with a mannequin. :p

I'm only a few episodes into season 5 but the big bad (Cicada) seems to be different again. He wants to kill metahumans for an as yet undisclosed reason.

There is repetition though - it is another threat created by the heroes themselves. Team Flash is responsible for the deaths of a lot of innocent people and Supergirl's fights bring financial and emotional hardships to ordinary people yet they don't seem bothered by their consciences. Arrowverse heroes might want to consider that the next time they judge Oliver Queen's methods - he has only killed bad people and doesn't regularly destroy the private property of innocent citizens and yet still carries the guilt of killing bad guys. ;)

• Advertisement

The thing I truly do not get about the Arrowverse is that there are people who not only like Legends of Tomorrow but think it is better than the other shows.

It had a few good characters and Palmer was irritating enough but then they added the historian and Vixen and just became a half-witted relationship drama.

And the time travel was nonsense. It has had zero impact on the Arrowverse and what is the point of time travel with no impact? One of the good things about Timeless, Travellers and Ministry of Time is that the time travel changes stuff.

A better use of the money spent on Legends of Tomorrow would have been to make a Justice Society series and keep it in the present day.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Legends gets better after it's first season.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Legends gets better after it's first season.

No it doesn't.

After season one is when it went from being okay/harmless to bad and then awful.

I watched most of season two but steel man and animal lady just sucked all the fun out of it.

I think I would actually cry if I saw Matt Ryan in it. Just give him back his own show.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

I gave up on legends after a cuddly toy beat the big bad guy total ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

I think the problem with these shows are that they really should have only had 3/4 seasons. They then had could have had the characters appear in a justice league like show. Having a mix of the characters would have reduced the reliance on having every character become a meta and having the same kind of villains. 10 episode seasons would be fine.

• Advertisement

yeah its over saturation, after a while it all becomes a bit samey. Watching gotham at the moment and nearly done with season 3, i can already see it becoming the same threats etc over and over

TonyD79 wrote: »
    I think the problem with these shows are that they really should have only had 3/4 seasons. They then had could have had the characters appear in a justice league like show. Having a mix of the characters would have reduced the reliance on having every character become a meta and having the same kind of villains. 10 episode seasons would be fine.

The number of seasons or episodes is not the problem.

The negative aspects of the Flash or Supergirl don’t magically clear up by giving them less them to tell the story.

nannerby wrote: »
    I gave up on legends after a cuddly toy beat the big bad guy total ****e.

That statement should have had me curious orcconfused about what it is about but I read it and thought nothing of it.

THAT is how bad the show is ;)

yeah its over saturation, after a while it all becomes a bit samey. Watching gotham at the moment and nearly done with season 3, i can already see it becoming the same threats etc over and over

Over saturation of what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Over saturation of what?

All these superhero shows - especially with several of them being made by the same teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    All these superhero shows - especially with several of them being made by the same teams.

Considering DC/Warner Brothers are struggling to put together one Flash movie a tv show is supposed to maintain 5+ 23 episode seasons?

The quality of the flash has started to drop after season 2 (perhaps even the first) the same applies to the Arrow. The success and quality of the cross over events shows the way forward. Most celebrated tv shows have shortened seasons between 6-13 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

No it doesn't.

After season one is when it went from being okay/harmless to bad and then awful.

I watched most of season two but steel man and animal lady just sucked all the fun out of it.

I think I would actually cry if I saw Matt Ryan in it. Just give him back his own show.:(

Well that's your opinion.

The whole point of Legends, especially Beebo beating the big bad of season 3 (if any other show even tried that kind of silly method of team forming a big cuddly bear together and beating a season big bad, you'd hear the eyes rolling very hard) it's a show embracing it's silliness, and sometimes meta references, with some time travel thrown in for good measure. Sure it's silly, but with the world as weird as it is, sometimes silly is good.

ALSO DON'T READ
    Matt Ryan
    is a Season 4 regular.

Anyways, this is The Flash thread and not the Legends thread

Over saturation of what?

many things, but say flash alone, same threats and enemies basically every season, time travel is another thing used a bit too much for my liking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Flash trailer for next season. No spoilers (apart from revealing the villain/threat/theme for the season).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Dr Suresh! Are we getting a heroes crossover?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nah. :)

His character's name is Bloodwork. Human name Ramsey Rosso (if they follow the comics).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I look forward to 15 episodes of Team Flash jussssstt missing Bloodwork, or capturing him before he breaks free in the final act.

This show.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

pixelburp wrote: »
    I look forward to 15 episodes of Team Flash jussssstt missing Bloodwork, or capturing him before he breaks free in the final act.
    Hah! And in between some contrived arguments between Iris "We Are the Flash" West and her brother/husband Barry...
    I hope Ralph gets more screen time this season as he was wasted last year for the Nora whine fest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ixoy wrote: »
    Hah! And in between some contrived arguments between Iris "We Are the Flash" West and her brother/husband Barry...
    I hope Ralph gets more screen time this season as he was wasted last year for the Nora whine fest.

They will be showing more of Ralph’s backstory and the case file teased at the end of last season will lead to Sue Dearborn who
    he ends up marrying
    in the comics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

It finally happened they used Flash Theme by Queen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A "Black hole" that seems to be directional, as opposed to be totally omnivorous? Man, that's why I both love and hate this show with equal measure. Its "science" is straight out of a Golden Age comicbook - which to be fair has always been this shows measure :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't know what was less believable in that episode -
    the science of the black holes, or that Cecile could lift Chester.
    So Cisco's girlfriend knows about Team Flash as well now. Don't think she knew at the end of last season?

Problem with the version I saw, it had "presentation" spelt as "presenatation" when advertising the Batwoman Encore Presentation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Obvious chance to introduce Boomtubes with this but nope, Ralph still great good first episode back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

thank christ for Ralph...he's carrying the show at the moment.
    Cisco might as well be gotten rid off as he's not one bit interesting now. Be nice to get rid of Iris too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I started watching the season opener 2 nights ago, and I still haven't finished it. Maybe it's just me but I really think this show is done at this stage? This "We're Team Flash" stuff is just awful.

Also, it feels like I've missed something based on vents in the opening 5 mins - was there another cross-over show (this is the only one I watch) that I missed?

Advertisement