Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 installing games

Options
  • 05-08-2013 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks I reckon ill be going back to xbox 360 console. Been years since I had one so im a bit out of the loop

I especially want an xbox 360 because of the GTA game and I hope to play the recent halo game

Im wondering would 20GB hard drive have enough space for both games?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Headshot wrote: »
    Hey folks I reckon ill be going back to xbox 360 console. Been years since I had one so im a bit out of the loop

I especially want an xbox 360 because of the GTA game and I hope to play the recent halo game

Not sure about GTA but Halo 4 takes up over 10GB as you have to install stuff from the second disc for the multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

No 20 will not be enough for both. GTAV has a mandatory install and is quite hefty. Halo 4 takes up a good chunk with all the MP content. All the new basic models of the 360 can't actually play GTAV as the HDD are far too small.

The 20GB drive leaves you with 13-14gb to use as the 360s operating system has really bloated in recent years taking up more room.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not sure about GTA but Halo 4 takes up over 10GB as you have to install stuff from the second disc for the multiplayer.

Even thou I wont be playing the MP?
    No 20 will not be enough for both. GTAV has a mandatory install and is quite hefty. Halo 4 takes up a good chunk with all the MP content. All the new basic models of the 360 can't actually play GTAV as the HDD are far too small.

Isnt GTA 8GB installation

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I think I read that the compulsory disc you need to install with GTA is 9GB. So if you want to install the other one and halo I don't think you'd have enough.

With the 20GB you only get around 12-14GB I believe. So even with just installed the one disc with halo would require 19GB+.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm not sure how much the first disc will take up on it's own tbh, but can't see it being over 10GB without the MP content.

• Advertisement

I suppose I could get a flash drive to help with the storage?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

I suppose I could get a flash drive to help with the storage?
    Try GameStop for a 2nd hand HDD. If I recall it's one of the things they don't rip you on the resell on.

GK1001 wrote: »
    Try GameStop for a 2nd hand HDD. If I recall it's one of the things they don't rip you on the resell on.

I was thinking of somthing like this
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDCZGXB-016G-B46-16GB-Flash-Drive/dp/B003K1I256/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1375719846&sr=8-10&keywords=xbox+360+hard+drive

So I could have a 20gb and the amazon link working together

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Just thinking mine is an older 360 (not the slim one) so maybe the HDD's are cheaper. Think I paid €16 though for the 60gb a while back though because my original 20gb didn't have the space for more than 2 games and had to keep deleteting and reinstalling. The flash drive is fine but at the same price you could get far more storage space.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭husky7

you could buy a 32gb usb stick and use that for game install they're cheap enough now to buy

• Advertisement
Advertisement