Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing a sealed bathroom downlight (pictures included)

Options
  • 05-08-2013 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Im having some difficulty removing a bulb from a bathroom downlight. I removed the casing from the roof and detached the bulb from the wiring, however the bulb cannot be removed from the metal casing.

I took out the circular metal clip and expected the bulb to screw/drop out but it is held in the metal casing by a thick black metal ring at the front and an inside rim at the back. I tried using a little force to pull/push it through but it seems to be trapped in the casing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Light4_zpsb184d944.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3
    Light3_zpsc5e6c6c4.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2
    Light2_zps2b0829eb.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
    Light1_zpsa82172dc.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

hi I can't see your pictures, so guessing here that you need to pop out the whole fitting to fit a new lamp, not a bog job if its the fittings I'm thinking of but i could be wrong.

Advertisement