Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self service post centre in stephen's green

Options
  • 05-08-2013 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to check if the self service post box thing is still in the shopping centre in Stephen's Green? Haven't been there in a while and would rather not have to spend my lunch break queuing in the post office if it can be avoided!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

yes i used it this morning :) it's by dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Bumping a previous thread here (albeit with a bit of a useful update for anybody else checking the thread). I've used two of these machines before (St Stephen's Green Shopping centre and Trinity), but they've recently gone. An TCD attendant said that the machines were giving too much trouble and have been removed. I found them a great convenience, does anybody know more on why they've been removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I would imagine it was people underpaying probably more hassle than its worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

always jammed with customers coins so did not function when this happened
    technician out daily to correct this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I was talking to a security man in Stephen's green after it had gobbled my coins, he said it's always causing trouble and advised to never use it. I emailed an post about it, in fairness they sent me out stamps over the value of the coins lost but sure that's not good for business so I'd say they had enough of the machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I was considering the potential for under-paying myself (but assumed that underpaid mail would still get caught elsewhere in the system for insufficient payment).

The coin explanation sounds very plausible. Which is a shame, as I found it a handy service to have. If they were prepared to work them without cash (which would seem sensible given the cost of collecting notes and change) they might be able to retain them.

I'm sad to see them go as I felt they were a forward-looking innovation that benefited customers (rather than an post staff).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

make them card only with contactless should be no hassle,

Advertisement