Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Deferral & CA's ?

Options
  • 05-08-2013 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Heya's, just wondering if your Continued Assessment work still counts if you deferred your exam til August? Or is it 100% exam ? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

If it was deferred it should still count, email the lecturer to confirm though.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

If you are sitting the repeat as a first attempt at the paper then yes - they should count.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

macrubicon wrote: »
    If you are sitting the repeat as a first attempt at the paper then yes - they should count.

Hey, thanks for that, emailed the lecturer and it counts but he didnt tell me about how much I need to pass. I got 95% for my CA worth 30%, do I need to get 35% in the exam to pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

As a general rule you need to get a passing grade in your coursework and your paper. Things can get compensated if it gets tight, but a pass in your paper should see you right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

RoRoCullen wrote: »
    Hey, thanks for that, emailed the lecturer and it counts but he didnt tell me about how much I need to pass. I got 95% for my CA worth 30%, do I need to get 35% in the exam to pass?

You will have 28.5% out of 100 going into the exam.

To achieve a Pass grade (C), you will need to achieve atleast 11.5% out of 70% (the exam will be worth 70% as CA is 30%) in the exam to achieve a C grade which is a Pass.

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote: »
    You will have 28.5% out of 100 going into the exam.

To achieve a Pass grade (C), you will need to achieve atleast 11.5% out of 70% (the exam will be worth 70% as CA is 30%) in the exam to achieve a C grade which is a Pass.

Ok youre saying that and the other user is saying at least 35%! Ah well, Ill hope for the best!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

RoRoCullen wrote: »
    Ok youre saying that and the other user is saying at least 35%! Ah well, Ill hope for the best!!

You need 35% overall (exam & ca combined) to get a D grade.

D is not a Pass or a Fail- Its known as a Poor grade.

Which means that if you have achieved a B or Higher Grade in another module that will compensate the D grade and will mean that you will get credits for it.

You need 40% overall to achieve a Pass grade which is a C.

dan786 wrote: »
    You need 35% overall (exam & ca combined) to get a D grade.

D is not a Pass or a Fail- Its known as a Poor grade.

Which means that if you have achieved a B or Higher Grade in another module that will compensate the D grade and will mean that you will get credits for it.

You need 40% overall to achieve a Pass grade which is a C.

Ok, thanks. I did the exam, I just found it really hard for some reason and think I got 40% (hopefully) lol. Thanks again

Advertisement