Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracker Mortgage - Interest Only

Options
  • 05-08-2013 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi there,

I have an existing tracker mortgage and I don't have any repayment issues. I want to get some money together in the next 2 years (to build) and am considering turning to interest only in an attempt to save extra money. Would I be in danger of losing my tracker rate or how does this work? Do all terms remain the same except you just pay interest? Obviously my tracker is extremely valuable and I wouldn't let it go so I would want assurances from the bank that I would still be on a tracker in 2 years time.

Would appreciate any responses.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RMC10

Hi nixermixer,

Do you have an optional interest only period built into your mortgage?

Why the bank would let you pay interest only for saving purposes if you have affordability for full payments?

Either way any arrangements or variation you take with a bank should not affect your rate but be sure to double check it.

Advertisement