Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oral Exams

• 05-08-2013 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hey,I'm going into 6th year this year and I'm doing higher level French and Irish.I was just wondering if any of you had any advice as to what I could do to improve my orals in these subjects as I'm aiming for As in both and the orals really aren't my strong point!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Flintlock wrote: »
    Hey,I'm going into 6th year this year and I'm doing higher level French and Irish.I was just wondering if any of you had any advice as to what I could do to improve my orals in these subjects as I'm aiming for As in both and the orals really aren't my strong point!

If you can go to an extra class after school , you can find some cheap ones.It was the best decision i made for french! We just talked to each other in only french the whole time once a week and it actually helped so much.It was always my weak point but it really just needs practise.Make a set of flashcards with every question you think you will be asked and get a teacher to correct them, then get a sibling or a friend who is also doing french maybe once a week to just take turns asking eachother questions , making sure you are correct with the flashcards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Flintlock

Thanks...I won't be able to take classes after school because of my location and stuff and because I do 8 HL subjects so I probably won't have the time but the flashcards are a great idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Listen to tapes and as funny as it sounds talk to yourself in the language until you can think to yourself in that language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Flintlock

Thanks guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Practice with your friends! This helped me out really well for Japanese and to some extent Irish, as I got to a stage where we would jokingly speak it which got me more comfortable during my oral. Me and my examiner were slagging each other's football teams and comparing our favourite pokemon at one stage :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

For Irish check out the current LC OT

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tanguy pouliquen

Well, if you have troubles with your french language, I think the answer you got "Listen to tapes and as funny as it sounds talk to yourself in the language until you can think to yourself in that language." Is a pretty good one. French cinema also have great movie like "la haine" "Mesrine" movies from Luc Besson or movies with Louis de Funes...As the name may tell you, I am French...I think the trouble of speaking with friends, is: you or they might do some mistakes, and no one will correct them...Well, if you need some extra help, honestly, if you have a way to contact me, don't hesitate.

Advertisement